Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Do we really need this list?

There was never any conceivable chance that the bears could ever acquire Russell Wilson. The media intentionally misled a lot of morons in the name of clicks/time-killing segments during NFL slow season and a lot of folks ate it up...
I’m sure you said the same about the Bears getting Fields. And getting Mack, and getting Peppers, and getting Cutler.

The reporting says the GM green lighted it but Carroll did not.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do we really need this list?

There was never any conceivable chance that the bears could ever acquire Russell Wilson. The media intentionally misled a lot of morons in the name of clicks/time-killing segments during NFL slow season and a lot of folks ate it up...

eh

there was more to it than just the media inventing a story

maybe in the end, Wilson was just starting shit to gain leverage with his team. but still, it wasn't just imaginary.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was against getting Wilson from the gitgo. Reasons like salary, what it would cost to get him, he would be playing on decimated team with little chance to improve,his age, the fact that QB's that rely a lot on their legs have a shorter shelf life.....to me that was always the key. If he was 27 instead of 33, It might have been a different story.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
eh

there was more to it than just the media inventing a story
No there wasn't.

Wilson, nor his agent demanded/requested a trade. The agent came out and said "oh, if the Seahawks consider a trade, he'd go to these 4 teams"

And that's all the media needed.

Then local idiots like Danny Parkins decided to conclude both Seattle's GM and Ryan Pace going to Trey Lance's pro-day at NDST went there to talk Russel Wilson, not look at Lance...

I’m sure you said the same about the Bears getting Fields. And getting Mack, and getting Peppers, and getting Cutler.

The reporting says the GM green lighted it but Carroll did not.
Huh?

No GM in their right fucking mind would trade a top 5 QB in this league when he A--doesn't have to and B--isn't getting a better piece at that position--which happens to be the most important in all of the fucking sport and C--he never officially asked for one.

I get this may be a concept above your mental capacity--but put yourself in Seattle GM's shoes. You have Russell Wilson--who has shown no signs of deteriorating--under contract at 25 mil per year for 3-4 more years (plus 2 franchise tags, a transition tag, and an exclusive rights tag at your disposal)--are you trading him?

No you're not. Now that that's established--go sit down.

Last edited: