1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not to give George too much credit, because I think I'd be reading way to much into it. When he says he was uncomfortable with Nagy asking him who the Bears should start at QB, is it possible that George was uncomfortable because as the HC of any team, you should have zero question who your starter is? I mean seriously, how the hell could Nagy be asking for help on who should play qb other than to admit, holy crap, things are going bad and I just want to play who you want to watch as an owner so that I can keep my job

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Not to give George too much credit, because I think I'd be reading way to much into it. When he says he was uncomfortable with Nagy asking him who the Bears should start at QB, is it possible that George was uncomfortable because as the HC of any team, you should have zero question who your starter is? I mean seriously, how the hell could Nagy be asking for help on who should play qb other than to admit, holy crap, things are going bad and I just want to play who you want to watch as an owner so that I can keep my job
Yes the HC should know. But George has final say I guess. Idk this team is not too bright

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it just me or is George somewhere on the autism spectrum?

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually appreciated him calling out Nagy on the qb thing and the fact that we've had NFL players repeatedly not playing to the whistle. But he did talk out of both sides of his mouth with that "I'm not an evaluator" comment.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
What did you want him to say?

"I'm a fan, not a football evaluator therefore, at this time, I would like to announce a new position in our organizational structure: the VP of Football Operations ..."

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And then call out two particular plays in the season. I'm guessing the Bears are getting a new DC next year as well, just based on that comment alone.
A fan can't call out plays?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That's exactly what he meant

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
He said nothing to convince me that he has learned anything from the mistakes made in the past. The fact that he insulted Olin and does not seem to care about advice from former players is awful.

jive

Liked Posts:
Most owners are not football people. This isn't anything new.
But most owners run other businesses, and pretty successfully if they are able to buy an NFL franchise from the earnings. So if you're busy running a multinational conglomerate, real estate development firm, tech corporation, etc., it's understandable that you might not know much about football. But in George's case, football is his family's business.

One thing for sure, if the McCaskeys didn't inherit this team, there is no way they would be able to earn the money to buy an NFL franchise.

jive

Liked Posts:
George grew up in the charter NFL franchise, and been a part of it his whole life. He has been around players, coaches, executives, and NFL legends. Now at the age of 77, he knows about as much as a bunch of message board meatballs.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The fact that an owner of a multibillion dollar company talked to the public for 2 hours straight which included discussing a former employee that’s been gone for 12 years is absolutely crazy.
Props to him for doing it, I just can’t believe he did. A quick 10 minute onesided brief would have sufficed.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that an owner of a multibillion dollar company talked to the public for 2 hours straight which included discussing a former employee that’s been gone for 12 years is absolutely crazy.
Props to him for doing it, I just can’t believe he did. A quick 10 minute onesided brief would have sufficed.
.. and to his credit, Potash was skewering him. I posted this in the thread yesterday, when Adam says "Mark Potash"

George:
1641913013647.png