Im just a fan, not an evaluator of football talent

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
But most owners run other businesses, and pretty successfully if they are able to buy an NFL franchise from the earnings. So if you're busy running a multinational conglomerate, real estate development firm, tech corporation, etc., it's understandable that you might not know much about football. But in George's case, football is his family's business.

One thing for sure, if the McCaskeys didn't inherit this team, there is no way they would be able to earn the money to buy an NFL franchise.

100% agree with what you're saying here... Totally confused how this spoiled little shit didn't WANT to learn the family business well enough to be able to contribute to it... Any decent person would've worked their asses off from ~14 years old to be the best and most knowledgeable "football person" on earth... But we're left with an overprivileged, sniveling douchebag who inherited this business without working for it. Makes me sick.

All that said... There is no solution here... Even if the Bears hired a president of football operations... Who would hire him/her? The uneducated, sniveling douchebag. Long story short, we're fucked... And I've about had it with the lot of em.

jive

Liked Posts:
100% agree with what you're saying here... Totally confused how this spoiled little shit didn't WANT to learn the family business well enough to be able to contribute to it... Any decent person would've worked their asses off from ~14 years old to be the best and most knowledgeable "football person" on earth... But we're left with an overprivileged, sniveling douchebag who inherited this business without working for it. Makes me sick.

All that said... There is no solution here... Even if the Bears hired a president of football operations... Who would hire him/her? The uneducated, sniveling douchebag. Long story short, we're fucked... And I've about had it with the lot of em.
I don't get it either, especially if you consider yourself a fan. He has access to people and knowledge ordinary fans can only dream of. Who on this message board wouldn't want to have a beer to pick the brains of guys like Gary Fencik, Olin Kreutz, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, or any number of Bears legends? Who wouldn't love have access to film of legends and current players we have no access to? Who wouldn't love to talk to some exec to get the inside scoop on players and coaches? Who wouldn't want to be able to talk to pro coaches about the game, instead of watching some YouTube video and message boards?

Part of my vitriol is that George has access to things that only fans could dream of, yet he never used that to make this team better. As a fan, if had 1/2 of what George had access to, I'd exploit every single resource to make my team better. And the plus for me is that I would actually enjoy the process. I'd love to have a beer with Jimbo Covert or Jay Hilgenberg to talk about how I could fix my offensive line. If my coach was losing the locker room, I'd have Olin on speed dial to help. If my D defense were lacking motivation, I'd have generations of players and coaches I could reach out to. I would love watching films of legendary players to set a standard for my own players. I get to watch every game from the best seats in the house, so I can really see what's happening in the game. I get to interact with other fans in a way that no other can. And the best thing is that I have no other businesses to attend to other than football. George has a dream gig in a many ways, and it's a shame that he's squandering such an opportunity.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it either, especially if you consider yourself a fan. He has access to people and knowledge ordinary fans can only dream of. Who on this message board wouldn't want to have a beer to pick the brains of guys like Gary Fencik, Olin Kreutz, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, or any number of Bears legends? Who wouldn't love have access to film of legends and current players we have no access to? Who wouldn't love to talk to some exec to get the inside scoop on players and coaches? Who wouldn't want to be able to talk to pro coaches about the game, instead of watching some YouTube video and message boards?

Part of my vitriol is that George has access to things that only fans could dream of, yet he never used that to make this team better. As a fan, if had 1/2 of what George had access to, I'd exploit every single resource to make my team better. And the plus for me is that I would actually enjoy the process. I'd love to have a beer with Jimbo Covert or Jay Hilgenberg to talk about how I could fix my offensive line. If my coach was losing the locker room, I'd have Olin on speed dial to help. If my D defense were lacking motivation, I'd have generations of players and coaches I could reach out to. I would love watching films of legendary players to set a standard for my own players. I get to watch every game from the best seats in the house, so I can really see what's happening in the game. I get to interact with other fans in a way that no other can. And the best thing is that I have no other businesses to attend to other than football. George has a dream gig in a many ways, and it's a shame that he's squandering such an opportunity.

He got an undergraduate degree in broadcasting from the esteemed Arizona state university.

He's a fucking putz.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ultimately he is a fan, albeit one with a much bigger stake in the Bears than any other fan out there.

What is getting him in trouble is his comments about him being the final word on the coaching and GM hires. By self admitting, indirectly, that he doesn't know as much about the personnel he probably should have recused himself from making decisions on who should be making those kinds of decisions.

McCaskey probably knows more than he is letting on but his comments make him look like he doesn't know what he is doing. What he should have told Nagy was that he knows who he would start if he was the coach but that isn't his job.

GoBears

Liked Posts:

Im just a fan, not an evaluator of football talent... but I will have the GM report to me.​

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes

To further elude on this, he was told by some of these same players NOT to hire Trestman.

Hire Arians instead!

He didn't listen and now they're stuck on yet another hire.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
After decades of being a fan I have a decent knowledge of the game, playcalling, strategy etc with football.

It's baffling a "fan" that actually owns the team has learned seemingly NOTHING about football.

The fact that he just can't get rid of Ted, someone who also has no actual football knowledge is also bad news.

This team will never change until the top of the organization is cleansed of incompetence.