Im more optimistic than i was

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
The difference in this offense is like night and day and this highlight video shows it. I think the defense even felt inspired and energized in the second half. This is a different team than they were at kick off. If Foles stays healthy and the defense gets it together against the run this team wins at least 10 games.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly wanted Foles to start the season. Mitch really needed to watch a pro run the O. He'll have plenty of time now, LOL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I was very happy with the offense in the second half.

But pardon me if I laugh at those who want to give Files credit for the defense.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The difference in this offense is like night and day and this highlight video shows it. I think the defense even felt inspired and energized in the second half. This is a different team than they were at kick off. If Foles stays healthy and the defense gets it together against the run this team wins at least 10 games.
You bring up a looming question... can Foles stay healthy? Dude is always getting injured.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
You bring up a looming question... can Foles stay healthy? Dude is always getting injured.

One thing Foles does for better or for worse is he's willing to hold the ball til the last second and take punishment so that his targets can finish their routes and get open. Some routes you won't be open the first 3 seconds of the play. That dime to Miller for the winning TD...Foles got flattened as he held the ball til the blitzer was almost on him to allow Miller to make his fake and break open.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

His major injuries were 5 years apart on his non-throwing shoulder.

Sep 8, 2019 NFL Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Foles suffered a broken left clavicle in the first quarter of the game against the Kansas City Chiefs

Aug 16, 2018 NFL Shoulder Foles hurt his right shoulder in the team's 2nd preseason game. The Eagles called it a "strain."

Nov 2, 2014 NFL Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Foles fractured his clavicle and missed the final 8 games of the season.

Oct 20, 2013 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1

Dec 23, 2012 NFL Hand Metacarpal Fracture Foles missed the 2012 season finale after breaking his right (throwing) hand in Week 16.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Fuckdatnoize! 19 and motherfucking 0!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm no more or less optimistic. Even without injury I don't think Foles can hold it together for a whole season before he has Bears fans wanting his head on a pike. If that wasn't who he was he would've stuck as a starter long ago, he's had chances.
Basically he's Orton (not necessarily Orton's ability or lack of but Orton's career fate).

I liked Orton. I have wanted to like Foles many times. But if I was going to bet on a career I'd still give Trubisky slightly better odds, just not with the Bears.
Problem for Foles is he's on the Bears and that's a big hurdle to overcome.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

I agree. The whole field is open with Foles back there. You could see the offense spread and we saw the defense having to respect the deep ball and play honest. It was exciting - like wow — a “real“ offense!

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm no more or less optimistic. Even without injury I don't think Foles can hold it together for a whole season before he has Bears fans wanting his head on a pike. If that wasn't who he was he would've stuck as a starter long ago, he's had chances.
Basically he's Orton (not necessarily Orton's ability or lack of but Orton's career fate).

I liked Orton. I have wanted to like Foles many times. But if I was going to bet on a career I'd still give Trubisky slightly better odds, just not with the Bears.

Foles is more accurate at every level, than Orton ever was.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Foles is more accurate at every level, than Orton ever was.

Yet I bet that one would've zoomed right over your head the same way no matter which of the three threw it.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

He hasnt stuck in other places because of injury and that is a legit concern but when hes healthy hes a good QB. We dont need him to be Brett Favre we just need him to run an offense that can be competent enough to consistently put points on the board to give us chance to win every game and not have to rely on the defense to keep the other team under 17 to win.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He hasnt stuck in other places because of injury and that is a legit concern but when hes healthy hes a good QB. We dont need him to be Brett Favre we just need him to run an offense that can be competent enough to consistently put points on the board to give us chance to win every game and not have to rely on the defense to keep the other team under 17 to win.

I mostly paid attention to him in St Louis. I don't think he's the god people think he is because he won the SB as a backup.
The knock of Bears QBs is that they can't be the great one when needed and it will always be needed at some point. You're eventually going to meet Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl and your meh QB isn't going to be able to keep up.

Foles is a good stop gap on the way forward from Trubisky but I don't see a miracle coming where the 31 year old suddenly turns his career around for the last few years.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

the team has played better down the stretch defensively all 3 games. Foles is a statue. Can they protect him. Let’s wait and see.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I mostly paid attention to him in St Louis. I don't think he's the god people think he is because he won the SB as a backup.
The knock of Bears QBs is that they can't be the great one when needed and it will always be needed at some point. You're eventually going to meet Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl and your meh QB isn't going to be able to keep up.

Foles is a good stop gap on the way forward from Trubisky but I don't see a miracle coming where the 31 year old suddenly turns his career around for the last few years.
I cant speak for others but my expectations of him arent what you seem to think they are.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
the team has played better down the stretch defensively all 3 games. Foles is a statue. Can they protect him. Let’s wait and see.

Luckily teams can no longer pin their ears back against a quarterback who can beat you with his brain. That had to be pretty deflating as an offense to see the lack of respect teams had for the passing game.
I’m cautiously optimistic.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Luckily teams can no longer pin their ears back against a quarterback who can beat you with his brain. That had to be pretty deflating as an offense to see the lack of respect teams had for the passing game.
I’m cautiously optimistic.
teams definitely can pin their ears back now. There is very little mobility from Foles. The LT is pretty bad in pass pro, Massie is about average. Idk what you think you’re seeing out there but if you watched Dallas and Seattle or Saints and GB right now. Those tackles actually perform better than average while Massie is above average as a run blocker.

you’re cautiously optimistic? The Eagles are built for pass pro and draft 1st round tackles. The bears do not.

Reactions: Myk