I'm not a sunshine pumper, but Holy hell...

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Yes, we are short on personnel both sides of the ball. Lack of receiving talent and the DL is thin after Nichols, Goldman and Hicks departed.

What was frustrating about this loss was 2 supposed building blocks, Fields and Gordon, looked really bad.
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it but for development purposes we are better off with the worst record possible instead of eeking out 7-9 wins against shitty teams.

This team is bad on both sides of the ball. I love the bears but they are seriously devoid of talent on both sides of the ball.

Crazy thing is that eddie Jackson and Roquan will probably both be gone next year due to salary and not being worth it.

Where will they spend their money???

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it but for development purposes we are better off with the worst record possible instead of eeking out 7-9 wins against shitty teams.
Its a rebuilding year. The idea is that we'll probably get a good pick. If we don't, then that's fine too cause it'll mean some young guys performed really well, namely Fields.

Crazy thing is that eddie Jackson and Roquan will probably both be gone next year due to salary and not being worth it.

Where will they spend their money???
Good question. Can't wait to get BoJack off the payroll. Roquan is up in the air. Fill out the roster around the next generation of guys you think can be cornerstones. Maybe Brisker, Johnson, Robinson?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The time of possession wouldn't have been so lopsided if they didn't start the game off running Montgomery and then fail to continue after the first drive. They waited until they had 3 or 4 three and outs to get back to it
At the end of the day we ran for 180 yards and lost the TOP battle by 15 minutes. That's not normal.

Our passing game has to be able to compliment the run game and pick up 1st downs. It's not asking for a lot. But after the TD drive the next two possessions we took a sack on 1st down, then a false start penalty on the next one. Both led to 3-outs. The next possession when we gave it to Monty it was a -5 yards play.

3-outs hurt. But I dont think it was a matter of going away from Monty as much as it was that we needed the passing game to generate a 1st down. Just one. Instead we went backwards and essentially were forced to throw on 3rd down. Then the problem was magnified by the defense failing to get off the field.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Its a rebuilding year. The idea is that we'll probably get a good pick. If we don't, then that's fine too cause it'll mean some young guys performed really well, namely Fields.

Good question. Can't wait to get BoJack off the payroll. Roquan is up in the air. Fill out the roster around the next generation of guys you think can be cornerstones. Maybe Brisker, Johnson, Robinson?

Agreed.

Don’t we have to use a certain percentage of the salary cap?

This scares me bc there aren’t many of any elite to good offensive talent available next year as of now.

If they do become available next year it’s probably for a not too favorable reason.

If this remains the case I can see the bears then signing a much of defensive guys instead.

I Honestly think our best chance is to finish with a really high pick and trading for a QB needy team unless our brass think there’s a QB worthy of the pick and Fields isn’t the answer. Could then trade him to some team that’ll think they can turn things around.

It’s early in college and I don’t follow it as closely as I used to but there doesn’t seem to be a plethora of wr’s the quality of recent drafts.

We definitely need a right tackle as Borom has struggled. Braxton seems ok but isn’t elite yet, i do however think the sky is the limit with some experience and strength added

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jones has been brutal. He’s not ready. Not to say he can’t be good, he has not been in 3 halves.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How could the defense do anything but take a huge step backwards. It's going to get a lot worse, you just saw the beginning of it Sunday.

The "rebuild" consisted of getting rid of all the top defensive players except Smith still on rookie contract and Quinn who wanted out but I guess nobody wanted. You don't get rid of Khalil Mack, Hicks and Goldman without being impacted.

Last year the draft was 100% offense. This year they took defense in 2nd and 3rd round, and people complained about it.

Now people say whats up with the defense lol.

Mack obviously. But Goldman isn’t in the league and Hicks is already hurt. Also I think Quinn is on the record as NOT wanting out.