I'm not a sunshine pumper, but Holy hell...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm sure the Bears coaches are crying themselves to sleep. The Texans roster might be one of the few rosters that lacks less talent than this one. And Tunsil isn't some elite talent. Good but overpaid
Plus that gas mask limits his vision making him vunerable to an outside blitzer.

Liked Posts:
Vegas set this teams win/loss O/U at 6.5 games. A new regime came in with a clear message of “we are going to suck but are going to rebuild” with every move they made. Yet at this hellhole, it’s time to fire literally everyone and get rid of every player on the roster right now because the team that is supposed to be bad is bad. So yeah, if you’re looking for logic or reason, maybe try the Reddit ChiBears forum. Some clowns cross post there but at least there it can be downvoted and hidden from those with higher than room temperature IQs.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vegas set this teams win/loss O/U at 6.5 games. A new regime came in with a clear message of “we are going to suck but are going to rebuild” with every move they made. Yet at this hellhole, it’s time to fire literally everyone and get rid of every player on the roster right now because the team that is supposed to be bad is bad.

Literally no one here or anywhere said that ever.

So yeah, if you’re looking for logic or reason, maybe try the Reddit ChiBears forum.

LMAO

Imagine using Reddit as a source for "logic or reason".

Some clowns cross post there but at least there it can be downvoted and hidden from those with higher than room temperature IQs.

Yeah I got downvoted into banishment because I thought Jay Cutler was a loser. Fortunately the fine people at this "hellhole" let me post my football thoughts without fear of banishment just for being right.

Hope you have a great rest of your day and appreciate your continued support here at Chicitysports.com!!!

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
what the fuck were you expecting?

All offseason everyone understood that the goal was to get young, take some lumps but get arrow pointing upwards for 2023. They come out 1-1 vs arguably the 2 best NFC teams and CCS wants to kill themselves with a samurai sword by Japanese Harry Carey.

Does the offense look like shit...yes. Were the first 2 games in harsh environments for offensive success (monsoon, Green Bay) with a shit ton of young talent...yes.

Everyone knew this team was likely .500 or slightly above in the very best case scenario,but since they aren't 2-0 against 2 playoff contenders it seems the world has ended.

The mental illness of CCS never disappoints.

I agree with this for the most part. With respect to this offense, it's early, it's a rebuild, and those two defenses that they play against are stacked.

I think criticizing defense is fair game. Bears could have made better choices made on defense on who gets more playing time. I think we've seen enough of Alquadin Muhammad. Roquan is out of position. Maybe would have like to have seen Thomas Graham on the roster instead of one of the UDFAs.

msadows

Liked Posts:

All offseason everyone understood that the goal was to get young, take some lumps but get arrow pointing upwards for 2023. They come out 1-1 vs arguably the 2 best NFC teams and CCS wants to kill themselves with a samurai sword by Japanese Harry Carey.

Does the offense look like shit...yes. Were the first 2 games in harsh environments for offensive success (monsoon, Green Bay) with a shit ton of young talent...yes.

Everyone knew this team was likely .500 or slightly above in the very best case scenario,but since they aren't 2-0 against 2 playoff contenders it seems the world has ended.

My suggestion for most is to ignore this forum until Sunday.

Too many headcases who get emotional over every play.

If the offense comes out and plays well against the Texans the bipolar posters will act like week2 never happened.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
CCS wants to kill themselves with a samurai sword by Japanese Harry Carey
And a one ...
and a two ...
Take me out to the ballgame
Cut myself with a knife
Buy me a coffin and crap like that
When I die, I will never come back
'cause it's roots, roots, roots in my coffin
Dying for Bears is a shame
Cause it's one, two, three strikes I'm out
at the old ball game.
fusergals%2f2015%2f10%2ffull-198-33173-harry_carry.jpg

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with your premise but lmfao holy shit

This is why I keep coming back to the pure comedy gold that is these forums. The memes are just ?

Dick ripping
Japanese Harry Carey
Gremans bombing Pearl Harbor
Brane

Lol never change…

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What was frustrating about this loss was 2 supposed building blocks, Fields and Gordon, looked really bad.
I don't even think he played QB enough to be really bad. He did make some dumb mistakes, though. The fumbled snap, and the LOS throw. Not good.

I also want to see Getsy call plays to get him in rhythm. He's still a young QB. Get him confidence in a crazy hostile environment.

I have yet to see a pattern from any playcaller where we're playing to his strengths. They talk about it, then they don't do it.

Reactions: Myk

mecha

Liked Posts:

this is what I keep saying. or maybe asking. the chicken littles of CCS were like omgwtfbbq before the draft even happened. then they started autofellating over practices where the team is playing against themselves. then I think the "lOl we're 3-0 in preseason!" happened next.

I don't understand how CCS went from "worst WRs ever!" "worst OL ever!" to what the fuck they're saying in present day.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was watching a Cubs game (more evidence of CCS mental illness, I know) and they had the Blackhawks guy on as a guest announcer. He said he met Harry Carey when he was coming up and the advice he got from him was "to stay in this business you have to learn how to call a game with a hangover".

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I think criticizing defense is fair game. Bears could have made better choices made on defense on who gets more playing time. I think we've seen enough of Alquadin Muhammad. Roquan is out of position.
Am I remembering correctly when during the Lovie days, him and/or his coaching staff and/or analysts would say that it could take a year to really pick up on one's assignments within the defense alongside being able to trust your teammates and their ability to maintain gap integrity?

I dunno, but i agree with the sentiment of the thread. We're an undertalented team full of young players plus a brand new coaching staff bringing in brand new philosophies coimpared to the year before. There's a steep learning curve with this team and we've played two playoff teams from the year prior, and even got a win! If anything, we're ahead of where i expected us to be at this point.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could the defense do anything but take a huge step backwards. It's going to get a lot worse, you just saw the beginning of it Sunday.

The "rebuild" consisted of getting rid of all the top defensive players except Smith still on rookie contract and Quinn who wanted out but I guess nobody wanted. You don't get rid of Khalil Mack, Hicks and Goldman without being impacted.

Last year the draft was 100% offense. This year they took defense in 2nd and 3rd round, and people complained about it.

Now people say whats up with the defense lol.

Last edited:

Sparks500

Liked Posts:

It’s all we have……

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Did you see the Texans roster? particularly on offense. It's all no names.

If their qb outperforms Fields <not saying much> and the Texans win, this board alongside other bear news sites (youtube, etc) will implode and we just in week 3, lol
The vast majority of people don't realize David Mills was the number one QB recruit in the country coming up. Injuries in college are why he slid. He's a very talented thrower and proving as much since remaining healthy.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It is true that most fans would be happy to be 1-1 after our first two games of the season. It could be worse.

The run game looked impressive and is something to be positive about.

But I think fans are disappointed in two things:

1. Our defense was pushed around, particularly in the run game. Both Time of possession abd field position was massively lopsided because of it.

2. The passing offense has been, literally, non existent. Guys we were hoping to breakout, not only have been underwhelming but have yet to make an impact. Between Kmet, Mooney, Pringle, and VJJ they have a combined 26 yards receiving.

Both of these areas fans knew would be a weakness, so for them to be worse than expectations is frustrating.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is true that most fans would be happy to be 1-1 after our first two games of the season. It could be worse.

The run game looked impressive and is something to be positive about.

But I think fans are disappointed in two things:

1. Our defense was pushed around, particularly in the run game. Both Time of possession abd field position was massively lopsided because of it.

2. The passing offense has been, literally, non existent. Guys we were hoping to breakout, not only have been underwhelming but have yet to make an impact. Between Kmet, Mooney, Pringle, and VJJ they have a combined 26 yards receiving.

Both of these areas fans knew would be a weakness, so for them to be worse than expectations is frustrating.
The time of possession wouldn't have been so lopsided if they didn't start the game off running Montgomery and then fail to continue after the first drive. They waited until they had 3 or 4 three and outs to get back to it

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I guess the real question is: did we become Bear fans because we’re brain damaged? Or did the Bears damage our brains?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The vast majority of people don't realize David Mills was the number one QB recruit in the country coming up. Injuries in college are why he slid. He's a very talented thrower and proving as much since remaining healthy.
Is that turd hyping up Davis Mills now(a guy he probably watched once)? That guy got to throw the ball 38 times on Sunday and scored 3 FGs lol. At least he gets to prove hes....mediocre?