Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Used to read PFW a lot prior to the internet. Usually it was interesting and opinionated.

I used to think Hub was employed by Bears management many years ago when he was an apologist for McCaskey, but I guess he was written out of the will and turned on the organization 5-7 years ago. I liked the "mean" Hub better, TBH.

He got kicked out of the Bears radio booth about 9 years ago, could be a grudge. I was always more of a PFW fan than a Hub fan.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He got kicked out of the Bears radio booth about 9 years ago, could be a grudge. I was always more of a PFW fan than a Hub fan.
I can see how people could view Hub as being pretty down on the Bears as of recently but can anyone point back to stuff he ended up being really wrong on? (Srs question)

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Sad, I liked PFW. Wish the guys the best.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can see how people could view Hub as being pretty down on the Bears as of recently but can anyone point back to stuff he ended up being really wrong on? (Srs question)

Saying the Chiefs were making the Super Bowl last year.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I meant more in relation to Chicago as far as people here taking issue with him.

Did he really pick the Chiefs though?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

People who get pissy lover stuff like that need to get a life. Everyone makes predictions and ends up wrong at some point, and Hub wasn't belligerent over his pick as the season progressed.

There's plenty of reasons not to like Hub that are legit - his whiny "poor me" attitude, his pompous arrogance at times, and the way his personal feelings color how he covered some coaches and teams (he's a BIG Leslie Fraiser and Ron Rivera apologist).

Plenty to choose from, so no need to grasp at low hanging fruit to bury a guy - he's got enough bullseyes on him to nail him to the wall for things more substantial.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People who get pissy lover stuff like that need to get a life. Everyone makes predictions and ends up wrong at some point, and Hub wasn't belligerent over his pick as the season progressed.

There's plenty of reasons not to like Hub that are legit - his whiny "poor me" attitude, his pompous arrogance at times, and the way his personal feelings color how he covered some coaches and teams (he's a BIG Leslie Fraiser and Ron Rivera apologist).

Plenty to choose from, so no need to grasp at low hanging fruit to bury a guy - he's got enough bullseyes on him to nail him to the wall for things more substantial.

Seems your doing the same thing I'm allegedly doing. What reason is there to go against Fraiser and Rivera?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I meant more in relation to Chicago as far as people here taking issue with him.

Did he really pick the Chiefs though?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/09/05/hub-arkushs-2012-nfl-predictions

Found the picks.

Ouch.

He got the other SB team right though!

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Seems your doing the same thing I'm allegedly doing. What reason is there to go against Fraiser and Rivera?

They themselves? Jury still out. But what I am talking about is Hub admitting to being close friends with both and ripping anyone who dares criticize either.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think I remember the year everyone thought Lovie was going to be fired, he was pretty adamant that Cowher was the next Bears HC. He was saying that he knew people close to Cowher and they were already talking about contracts. I could be wrong though. I was reading a lot of different things at the time.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This. Its not such much that Hub was a hater that bothered me, as much as how he was so inconsistent with it. His bias against the Bears was a real thing and really weird just cause it was so apparent, imo.

And even then, there was usually some nugget of truth in the stuff he said. But he tended to blow things out of proportion. His prevailing theme when talking about the bears always seemed to be one of eternal incompetence leading to inevitable failure. Which is silly and just not real. The JA regime had their share of misses but he ran a respectable organization overall. If you are trying to target an organization to rail on for mismanagement, there is much, much worse than the Bears under JA and Emery (so far).

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
I've been out of Chicago since before Hub left the booth. And, as a kid loved the paper. Too bad.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This. Its not such much that Hub was a hater that bothered me, as much as how he was so inconsistent with it. His bias against the Bears was a real thing and really weird just cause it was so apparent, imo.

And even then, there was usually some nugget of truth in the stuff he said. But he tended to blow things out of proportion. His prevailing theme when talking about the bears always seemed to be one of eternal incompetence leading to inevitable failure. Which is silly and just not real. The JA regime had their share of misses but he ran a respectable organization overall. If you are trying to target an organization to rail on for mismanagement, there is much, much worse than the Bears under JA and Emery (so far).

Good riddance to bad rubbish...as far as I'm concerned anyways.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I figured something was up with PFW. They hadn't updated their Whispers or Audibles since around the SB. I think the longest they used to go in the off-season was updating monthly. I kept checking, and they kept having the same stories (nothing new)...no (or almost no) draft coverage...I guess know we know.