In consideration of Matt Nagy's Legacy

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
If in fact Nagy gets canned (yeah) what would his legacy in Chicago be (besides transforming a marginally-competent offensive unit into the Greatest (shit) Show on Turf in a mere 3 seasons, refining Mitch's ability to quickly identify and hit the open defender, and giving new life and relevance to the Peter Principle)???

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
?‍♂️

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
lol. Instilled a culture of BE YOU (even if BEING YOU means you suck at the one thing you’re being paid millions of dollars to do)

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
You can't likely name one offensive player that has improved under Nagy's tenure. His offense is god awful, and he's an 'Offensive Guru'. He was brought here with Trubisky in place to develop him and utterly failed (not suggesting 10 is good). He endlessly tries to jam square pegs into round holes, rather than coach to the strengths of the players he actually has. His players, outside of 10 and 88 are completely unaccountable. They fail, loaf, and take stupid penalties and there are never any consequences.

Everything he does makes as much sense as a bald guy wearing a visor.

Fuck, I hope they fire this guy. If not, I'm going to have to come up with a Matt Nagy drinking game to get through next season.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He will be the guy that made wearing a visor on a bald head at night in cold weather ...cool.
1610478902495.png

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Club Dub? Wearing the Halas fedora? Running the T-Formation during that one game?

Outside of those pretty insignificant things he really did absolutely nothing memorable or substantial during his 3 years here.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If he gets fired he'll be notable for making the playoffs twice in three years yet still getting shitcanned.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
A likeable guy in between gamedays, but a total fraud on Sundays that talked his way into an NFL HC gig.

I can't recall a coach -- offensively or defensively -- where there is not at least one single positive thing schematically that they abide by. Nagy is the first.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Ended the season 3-8 only beating bad teams. 1-7 against playoff teams this year alone.

Quick6

Liked Posts:
His legacy will be that of yet another coach that has come to Chicago only be undone by the lack of having a quarterback. No matter the pedigree, how many Super Bowls you may have coached in, you come to coach in Chicago, you will get progressively stupid. Your play calling will be scrutinized and your offensive/defensive philosophy will be ultimately become trash or outdated.

He will forever be remembered as the coach who only won his division once, never coached a losing (regular) season and went to the playoffs twice in three years, all while having the pleasure of coaching the worst quarterback in his division. He will fondly be remembered for never producing a top tier, high-functioning offense even though he was blessed with having the 26th best starting quarterback in the league.

They used to say Chicago is where wide receivers go to die, that needs to be updated. Chicago, where coaches go to die and until this organization can find a way to find a true franchise quarterback, nothing is changing brother. I refuse to bash anymore Bears coaches until they have a real quarterback, and only then, can be truly judged.

Quick6

Liked Posts:
How'd his handpicked QB work out?
I think that is another narrative that needs to be debunked. From all reporting, the Bears were initially in talks with Bridgewater. It was later reported that the Bears reached out to Brady also. So at the very best, Foles was the organization's third choice. Given what was out there, that would seem about right. I don't think Nagy was all that crazy about Foles, Foles was just the best fit from what was left, and somebody better than Daniel had to be brought in to back up/compete with Mitch.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He did create the cringiest, most self important man cave ever, well at least since Ommy's with the fog machine and Aldi's brand snacks.
1610485073658.png

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
If in fact Nagy gets canned (yeah) what would his legacy in Chicago be (besides transforming a marginally-competent offensive unit into the Greatest (shit) Show on Turf in a mere 3 seasons, refining Mitch's ability to quickly identify and hit the open defender, and giving new life and relevance to the Peter Principle)???

Coaching version of forky from toy story 4. Always trying to throw himself and the team in the trash.