in more than likely what will be a must win

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Game how do u guys feel about megatron possibly breaking the single season receiving record on us? I personally hate when records are broken on this team even though I think c.j is as deserving as anyone. Then there's the dbl whammy scenario where he torches us, gets the record and we lose along with any playoff hopes. What are your guys thoughts on this? Care, don't care, hope he gets it and so on

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Here's a question. How many records have fallen on lovies head? I seem to remember quite a few but the single game reception record is the only one coming to mind right now. Edit: number of sacks in 1/2 game I believe is another.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Big deal! We just happen to be the team that is the Lion's opponent for game 16 in which Megatron breaks the record.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Big deal! We just happen to be the team that is the Lion's opponent for game 16 in which Megatron breaks the record.
Some people care for one simple reason. People generally don't remember the season as a whole. They remember the game a record was broken. I personally don't feel like seeing replays of the record breaking catch against this team for years to come.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be ideal for him to break it against us, but I don't really care. It's a different era and doesn't mean as much to me.

He's possibly gonna break Rice's record, right?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
7-1 - Totally pumped and excited about the potential of this team.
8-6 - Fucking numb. Kind of holding out a shred of hope, but I'm not expecting anything. Nor will I really be that upset at this point if they miss the playoffs. Although if it is a "win and in" scenario, I might get back to being pissed off again.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
7-1 - Totally pumped and excited about the potential of this team.
8-6 - Fucking numb. Kind of holding out a shred of hope, but I'm not expecting anything. Nor will I really be that upset at this point if they miss the playoffs. Although if it is a "win and in" scenario, I might get back to being pissed off again.
You read the OP? lol, not being an ass, just asking.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He asked how I would feel. Then I said I was numb, meaning I don't give a shit right now. But then again, if it was "win and in", I might start caring again. Although I guess I took a bit of an abstract approach to semi-answering the question :)

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol it's about the possibility of Calvin breaking the record against us, I think anyways

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be ideal for him to break it against us, but I don't really care. It's a different era and doesn't mean as much to me.

He's possibly gonna break Rice's record, right?
yup Jerry's record. Wont ruin my week,but it will prob ruin my day. U bring u valid points non the less. Peanut generally does well against c.j so I'm not to worried about it.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol it's about the possibility of Calvin breaking the record against us, I think anyways

I get it. And I am saying at this point, I wouldn't fucking care based on the way the last stretch has gone. Completely numb to this team shitting the bed. Has become par for the course. Them allowing CJ to break Rice's record wouldn't mean a thing (to me anyways at this point).

Edit> I don't even know how far off he is, so I guess the potential is we could still win even if he broke it. I was thinking more along the lines of him having a huge game and us losing.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
yup Jerry's record. Wont ruin my week,but it will prob ruin my day. U bring u valid points non the less. Peanut generally does well against c.j so I'm not to worried about it.
I think I'd root against him breaking the record more if all the rule changes benefiting the Offenses now didn't happen. Doesn't seem fair now, which makes him breaking the record less meaningful, imo.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get it. And I am saying at this point, I wouldn't fucking care based on the way the last stretch has gone. Completely numb to this team shitting the bed. Has become par for the course. Them allowing CJ to break Rice's record wouldn't mean a thing (to me anyways at this point).
I hear ya man, I agree

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You live in central FL right? Oviedo if I call correctly. Think we talked about it on the old board. It took me over a fucking hour today from Conroy to about Maitland boulevard (broke up after that). Just got home a little while ago and started drinking, so my thoughts might be a little scrambled :)

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think I'd root against him breaking the record more if all the rule changes benefiting the Offenses now didn't happen. Doesn't seem fair now, which makes him breaking the record less meaningful, imo.
While I agree with ya to an extent. Calvin has taken on a new role this year. He's been doing the dirty work Ala Marshall moving the chains and catching alot of underneath stuff. Where as before his game was mostly on the perimeter and catching the deep ball. That's why his numbers Are so immense this year. He's doing it all.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me? I live over in Clearwater. Either way, traffic blows.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He needs to average. 92 ypg over the last two to break it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
On a side note I'm hoping a.p breaks Dickersons record. No one is more deserving. Considering what he's had to come back from it think its one of the greatest feats in NFL history.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Me? I live over in Clearwater. Either way, traffic blows.

Ahh, that's right. Remember now. Can't remember who was saying they lived in Oviedo, but I was pretty sure you were another FL guy.