In other NFL news - Leonard Fournette has been released

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Ok, your " Eagles vs green bay packers on sept 26 2019 " comment was very confusing.

Yes, he did accumulate over 76 receptions in his 4 year career.

Now get back to me when he gets close to 76 receptions in ONE year.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
With the current situation seems like a no brainer. Buttt, I'd say he gets signed by someone else, has a career year, then again we will lament and throw curses at the front office because they think Paterson, Montgomery, and Nall are just as good or better.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If I'm Pace I consult the people on this team that know LF and if they are good with it I make the move.

I mean shit..... he may be taking PJ Holtz or Ryan Nall's roster spot.... whatever could we do without those talents. I agree with @vabearsfan15, its time to take some risks.

Especially since not only is Montgomery injured, but it's his groin, an injury that could linger all season. That would be the main reason to grab him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He may not be that much of an upgrade over Monty, and in many ways is the same style of player, but he allows you to play the hot hand and keep the RBs fresh. He's fairly piced insurance over having to play Cohen, Patterson, and Pierce.

And while it's nice to have high hopes and dreams for Patterson and Pierce, you cant go in the season in a position where you have to depend on them. We have to live in reality and I honestly would rather have a RB who will b**** at his O-Line to block if they perform like last year and competively push Monty to be the best version of himself.

For the price he would be paid, you are asking the wrong statement.

It should be, "Is he an upgrade over Nall?".

I agree, but he has a 'tude. How do you think he will react if monty starts getting the bulk of the carries.

Not sure I want a cancer in one of the leagues best locker rooms for a minimal upgrade.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I agree, but he has a 'tude. How do you think he will react if monty starts getting the bulk of the carries.

Not sure I want a cancer in one of the leagues best locker rooms for a minimal upgrade.

If he starts acting like a whiny b**** you cut him. Simple as that. If he clears waivers, you have him come in, tell him the terms of the contract. Make it incentive friendly with little guarantees and tell him what the expectations are from a team culture perspective. If he violates it and starts acting up, you cut him.

If no team wants to take on a 1700 yard offensive weapon for 4 mil and a 7th round draft pick it speaks to the perception the league has for Fournette. He has to fix it if he wants to cash in on a mult-year deal. Whatever team he goes to, he has more to lose. F*** up an he might not get much of another opportunity. Rbs age quickly and he doesn't have time to lose. We would have the leverage, not him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With Kamara holding out in NO, he'll end up on the Saints @SilenceS

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Makes too much sense, so no we won't be signing him
He will beast somewhere

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

How many players on the Bears, not RBs, had over 76 receptions last year. Seeing that Nagy is prone to forget about the running game, a high-volume receiving RB is more than a minimal upgrade.

As for one of the best locker rooms, we would have been in a way different situation if Pace hadn't made his QB evaluation a few years ago with who could have been a character in Leave It To Beaver.

Bankobit1-articleLarge.jpg

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, do you guys think Pace and Nagy will ask someone close to Fournette, like his OC last year, when he gained 1700 yards? I’m sure that Defilippo who was his OC last year will have plenty to say. If positive, he may be a really good addition, if negative, we probably won’t hear much.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Kamara holding out in NO, he'll end up on the Saints @SilenceS
Knew it was coming. He wrote on Twitter. Im sorry about a month ago. I get him. He is great but he just a spoke on the wheel and he doesnt have a ton of leverage. Murray was better than him last year. I dont see how we pay him. Our oline is elite and MT is a top 5 receiver

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Is he better than Cohen? Yes. Is he better than Patterson? Yes. Would he be cheap? Probably. Sounds like we should take a long look at him for this season.
I'd wait until after he clears waivers. If the Bears go after him, they would have to cough up that $4 Million dollar bonus/salary

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, do you guys think Pace and Nagy will ask someone close to Fournette, like his OC last year, when he gained 1700 yards? I’m sure that Defilippo who was his OC last year will have plenty to say. If positive, he may be a really good addition, if negative, we probably won’t hear much.

him and flip did not get along actually

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
him and flip did not get along actually
And I’m sure Fournette and Foles got along spectacularly...lol. Chances are slim that he comes to Chicago.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Knew it was coming. He wrote on Twitter. Im sorry about a month ago. I get him. He is great but he just a spoke on the wheel and he doesnt have a ton of leverage. Murray was better than him last year. I dont see how we pay him. Our oline is elite and MT is a top 5 receiver

You think a Fournette homecoming is a possibility?