In this video it appears that David Montgomery is looking a lot faster than he looked in games last season, but without pads on who knows?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thats it. I'm sold. Bears should definitely draft Etienne in the 1st round/ early second round and improve upon DM's 4.3ypc and instead let Etienne average 4.4ypc

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He looks like he got a pineapple shoved up his ass, but I havent ran in years so it may be in style.
It's all about getting that ass up underneath your hips and squared with your shoulders

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Was that his phone that went flying.....

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Where’s Cohens offseason vid of him running sideways? Oh yea he’s broken

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Flight time from California to Hawaii....

Air Hawaii: 6 hrs
Fast Montgomery: 30 minutes

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  1. First of all kudos to him for investing his time into his craft.
  2. He needs to get off that asphalt. He's adding wear and tear on the tendons that he doesn't need.
  3. In that clip he didn't look particularly fast to me, but I don't know when that was filmed in his workout. At the end of a two or three hour sprint workout you're not nearly as fast as you are at the beginning.
  4. There are other things he could be doing to increase his velocity, parachutes, sleds, sand, hills, or combinations thereof
  5. Unclear if he's working on velocity or acceleration.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was that his phone that went flying.....
Yup, wasn't working on his speed, but testing if he could actually wear his cellphone while running in game. Think he found the answer.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
he consistently doesn't start very fast off the line, he has a delay before he spins up, and that's why on many occasions he'll get swallowed up behind the Bears offensive line. he needs the 25 carries a game to break 100 yards, which is fine, that implies you're getting more than 4 ypc. this shit where he gets going and they just completely abandon the run is a problem. the 25 carries in itself is just good offensive strategy. unless your quarterback has a super accurate laser rocket arm and your receivers consistently get separation and are so fast they routinely go untouched (which is a total utopian hypothetical, before anyone gets mad at how unrealistic the scenario is), throwing 40-50 times a game is not a good idea.

Ah, the Nagy offense. "We found something that actually works, TIME TO STOP FUCKING DOING IT AND GO BACK TO FORCING THE BALL TO ANTHONY MILLER! AND IF WE DO DECIDE TO RUN THE BALL AGAIN IT WILL BE WITH OUR 4TH STRING LONG SNAPPER BECAUSE NO ONE WILL SEE IT COMING!"

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
  2. He needs to get off that asphalt. He's adding wear and tear on the tendons that he doesn't need.
  3. In that clip he didn't look particularly fast to me, but I don't know when that was filmed in his workout. At the end of a two or three hour sprint workout you're not nearly as fast as you are at the beginning.
  4. There are other things he could be doing to increase his velocity, parachutes, sleds, sand, hills, or combinations thereof
This for real?

Looks like he's wearing a weighted vest too.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Why is he speed training in someone’s driveway? Is this how NFL players do it?

discplayer

Liked Posts:
TBH Monty could very well be faster than Walter was, who we know was NOT fast.

What counts as an RB is agility, quickness and power, as well as great hands as a receiver, all things he possesses.

While I am in no way suggesting he’s on par with #34, these same traits made Payton a very effective RB. Why can they not make DM a very effective RB?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm sure you would have a good shot at ousting Gym Jordan in such an event, but I'm also sure that a greater than insignificant portion of CCS could not.
Generally speaking, when I comment on a player being slow, or not being able to jump very high, or whatever, it is in relation to other NFL players, not the general population. :)

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but does no one else see Black Forrest Gump????

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Generally speaking, when I comment on a player being slow, or not being able to jump very high, or whatever, it is in relation to other NFL players, not the general population. :)
Tongue in cheek post

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Montgomery has short area burst, agility, shiftyness and vision. Those are a whole lot more important that sheer breakaway speed.

In other words, there's a reason we took him in the 3rd round and he's been leading the backfield while Kerrith Whyte Jr. and his 4.4 40 were expendable.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 1995, the Cowboys used to hold their training camp at St Edwards University in Austin. I remember watching Darryl Johnson in person thinking, "he's pretty quick in pads."