In your opinion...how good will Justin Fields be?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Perennial top 10 QB.

3500+ yard passer year in and year out, 500+ yard rusher year in and year out. 25+ TD passes per year 3+ rushing TDs per year. 2:1 TD-INT ratio or better each year.

- The numbers and the ranking are a baseline for what I expect from him. If he really hits I think we can be looking at a more athletic Russell Wilson.

Yeah, I stopped being mad about missing on Wilson the second we got Fields lol.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Injury bug and bad coaching worry me. We can't have anything nice here, you guys know that. But hey dream on boys.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I know it's way early, but how the heck did he slide to #11 in the draft?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Injury bug and bad coaching worry me. We can't have anything nice here, you guys know that. But hey dream on boys.

LOL! This coming from pretty much the board's biggest Trubisky apologist.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waaay to early for my real assessment.

But I’m gonna go with good enough that they could make it to the Super Bowl once or twice during his career if he’s here for the next 10-15.
One thing is for sure… I’ve never been this excited to see a Bears QB play before. (Cutty is a close second, but that only lasted about 5min into the Packers game)
The kid is electrifying… and if he turns out to be the real deal, Chicago will become the new media darlings of the NFC North.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
How do I put this...

I see Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace here a VERY long time, and I see CCS dick ripping in the future as both of them win MUTLIPLE rings with our new quarterback.

I know its damned stupid, but barring injury, I see a gold jacket in the kid's future. Extreme projection, but I'll quote something Dan Bernstein said on the radio today about Fields:

"You know it when you see it, and Justin Fields has it."

If I had to distill it to a single word, it would be "composure".

See, every year scouts and fans fall in love with the guy with the best arm, the best combine, the best pedigree, etc..

And to me, none of those things make a QB "special" - those are tools they have in their toolbox, but they aren't what separates good from great.

We all can agree Drew Brees and Tom Brady are great. Well, both had knocks on their arm coming out of college, and the league has burned through likely at least 200 QBs who all had better arms than these two but never managed to make it during the time of each's career.

It's the cerebral part of the game that separates good from great. And that is why I am predicting greatness from Fields - he HAS it.

More than any of the touchdown passes, the play that really showed this to me was when he used the run while running to his right to manipulate a defender to leave his man to chase Fields, and then right before the LOS Fields launches one over the defender to his open man. He WILLED that man open by having the defender in the palm of his hand. It was just so....intentional.... THAT is how I know he is going to be great, because the great ones DO that sort of thing, while lesser QBs may scramble and run for their life, and may even make the play based on their athleticism... but after the play, they are thinking "Thank God that opened up" instead of "Got them to do exactly what I wanted". And it doesn't nearly look as smooth or in command.

Fields' mental processing and mental toughness is off the charts.

None of the other QBs in my lifetime were mentally tough enough to start in the NFL, let alone be great. If you need fans to jump to your defense and beg other fans to not be critical for fear of said criticism making that QB worse (Take your pick - Rex Grossman, Cade McNown, Jay Cutler, Mitch Trubisky), then you ain't it as a franchise QB.

You know it when you see it. I saw it on Saturday. There will be growing pains. He is a rookie after all.

But I am starting the bus for Canton, and fuck anyone who rips that or tries to tell me otherwise - I know what I saw...
What he said…

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's early so I wanna keep my expectations in check... nvm who am I kidding he's gonna be a HoFer

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He has the arm of Mahomes, the legs of Lamar Jackson and may have the IQ of Peyton. I think its safe to say we will all be pretty happy with him and he wont be the reason if we dont win a super bowl.
I keep trying to tap the brakes. BUT. I. JUST. CAN'T.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I wonder if that Omar Infidel guy still thinks Tua is better and Fields looks lost. Tua biggest scrub in the league, that is a Trubisky level GAFFE..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If he doesn’t at least get to Watson level elite this team will never ever get a legit qb. He was by far my fav in this draft and think he will be a perennial pro bowler as long as this org doesn’t do their best to fuck this all up

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
How do I put this...

I see Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace here a VERY long time, and I see CCS dick ripping in the future as both of them win MUTLIPLE rings with our new quarterback.

I know its damned stupid, but barring injury, I see a gold jacket in the kid's future. Extreme projection, but I'll quote something Dan Bernstein said on the radio today about Fields:

"You know it when you see it, and Justin Fields has it."

If I had to distill it to a single word, it would be "composure".

See, every year scouts and fans fall in love with the guy with the best arm, the best combine, the best pedigree, etc..

And to me, none of those things make a QB "special" - those are tools they have in their toolbox, but they aren't what separates good from great.

We all can agree Drew Brees and Tom Brady are great. Well, both had knocks on their arm coming out of college, and the league has burned through likely at least 200 QBs who all had better arms than these two but never managed to make it during the time of each's career.

It's the cerebral part of the game that separates good from great. And that is why I am predicting greatness from Fields - he HAS it.

More than any of the touchdown passes, the play that really showed this to me was when he used the run while running to his right to manipulate a defender to leave his man to chase Fields, and then right before the LOS Fields launches one over the defender to his open man. He WILLED that man open by having the defender in the palm of his hand. It was just so....intentional.... THAT is how I know he is going to be great, because the great ones DO that sort of thing, while lesser QBs may scramble and run for their life, and may even make the play based on their athleticism... but after the play, they are thinking "Thank God that opened up" instead of "Got them to do exactly what I wanted". And it doesn't nearly look as smooth or in command.

Fields' mental processing and mental toughness is off the charts.

None of the other QBs in my lifetime were mentally tough enough to start in the NFL, let alone be great. If you need fans to jump to your defense and beg other fans to not be critical for fear of said criticism making that QB worse (Take your pick - Rex Grossman, Cade McNown, Jay Cutler, Mitch Trubisky), then you ain't it as a franchise QB.

You know it when you see it. I saw it on Saturday. There will be growing pains. He is a rookie after all.

But I am starting the bus for Canton, and fuck anyone who rips that or tries to tell me otherwise - I know what I saw...
I hear what youre saying but im very weary of anything you say because i simply cant trust anything a homicidal AI says.