In your opinion...how good will Justin Fields be?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
VG to elite.

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
His ability to mobile throwing on the run amplifies his trajectory.

I think he could be better than Kyler Murray and right up there with Josh Allen by the end of the season

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Wow, this thread was homerism at lightspeed.

Like downing a 55 gallon drum of kool-aid.

He won't be able to live up to these unreal expectations.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Injury bug and bad coaching worry me. We can't have anything nice here, you guys know that. But hey dream on boys.
A Bronx Tale's Mush has spoken. Whatever you say, people should bet the opposite.

Mitch will be the Bears QB for 10 years + LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, this thread was homerism at lightspeed.

Like downing a 55 gallon drum of kool-aid.

He won't be able to live up to these unreal expectations.
Gee, I wonder who's being critical of others expectations without being willing to give his own.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

In your opinion...how good will Justin Fields be?​

The sky is the limit.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He’ll be the bears best QB, I’m trying to temper my expectations

mbison

Liked Posts:
So far I’m seeing a Cam Newton Clone. Maybe it’s because of size and speed. Hopefully he will develop more of a passing game than Cam but that’s what I’m seeing right now. Cam DID win an MVP though but that style of play isn’t sustainable

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How do I put this...

I see Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace here a VERY long time, and I see CCS dick ripping in the future as both of them win MUTLIPLE rings with our new quarterback.

I know its damned stupid, but barring injury, I see a gold jacket in the kid's future. Extreme projection, but I'll quote something Dan Bernstein said on the radio today about Fields:

"You know it when you see it, and Justin Fields has it."

If I had to distill it to a single word, it would be "composure".

See, every year scouts and fans fall in love with the guy with the best arm, the best combine, the best pedigree, etc..

And to me, none of those things make a QB "special" - those are tools they have in their toolbox, but they aren't what separates good from great.

We all can agree Drew Brees and Tom Brady are great. Well, both had knocks on their arm coming out of college, and the league has burned through likely at least 200 QBs who all had better arms than these two but never managed to make it during the time of each's career.

It's the cerebral part of the game that separates good from great. And that is why I am predicting greatness from Fields - he HAS it.

More than any of the touchdown passes, the play that really showed this to me was when he used the run while running to his right to manipulate a defender to leave his man to chase Fields, and then right before the LOS Fields launches one over the defender to his open man. He WILLED that man open by having the defender in the palm of his hand. It was just so....intentional.... THAT is how I know he is going to be great, because the great ones DO that sort of thing, while lesser QBs may scramble and run for their life, and may even make the play based on their athleticism... but after the play, they are thinking "Thank God that opened up" instead of "Got them to do exactly what I wanted". And it doesn't nearly look as smooth or in command.

Fields' mental processing and mental toughness is off the charts.

None of the other QBs in my lifetime were mentally tough enough to start in the NFL, let alone be great. If you need fans to jump to your defense and beg other fans to not be critical for fear of said criticism making that QB worse (Take your pick - Rex Grossman, Cade McNown, Jay Cutler, Mitch Trubisky), then you ain't it as a franchise QB.

You know it when you see it. I saw it on Saturday. There will be growing pains. He is a rookie after all.

But I am starting the bus for Canton, and fuck anyone who rips that or tries to tell me otherwise - I know what I saw...
SELL ME MOAR