In your opinion, who should be the starting oline in Week 3? GB Loss blessing in disg

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Considering how the run blocking; especially on the left side hasn't been as good as it should have been, who do you think deserves a chance in week 3?

Here's what I think should atleast get a look. It couldn't perform worse than what we've seen already.

Carimi C. Williams Garza C. Rachal Louis

Let's face it, Webb still sucks and as much as noone on the Bears wants to admit it, Carimi can't be any worse than Webb, he atleast deserves a shot. Louis can be a solid RT, see the eagles game last year and how he annihilated Babin. Throw in Rachal at the RG spot and you have a nasty run blocking right side. On the Left, some nastiness with Carimi and one of the faster pulling guards in the nfl with C. Williams.

Tice got the line straightened out last year when he had too, he'll do the same this year. I honestly think having a NYG/NO type game this early in the season is going to be a good thing. After those types of games the last two years, good things have come to happen.

Emanbears23

Liked Posts:
Why can't Brown get a shot at LT? I mean he was hyped all Pre-season. No possible way he could be worse than Webb... a card board cutout of Dennis the Menace couldn't be worse than Webb.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nothing but traffic cones.

Nick80

LG, Either one of the Williams should have a shot other than that leave it be, you'll just be replacing one whole set of problems for another. Only thing Webb has going for him is size (no it isn't saying alot)

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We did'nt draft any lineman so we must not have an issue on the line.

TalkAlot

Liked Posts:
I say trade our first round draft pick for Nate Solder of the New England Patriots. :yep:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nothing but traffic cones.

Turnstyles, the ones that lock and you either need a ticket or have to hop to get through.

Happy Human 1001

Liked Posts:
LG, Either one of the Williams should have a shot other than that leave it be, you'll just be replacing one whole set of problems for another. Only thing Webb has going for him is size (no it isn't saying alot)
I second this, Bears should try putting C Wiliams back at LG. Won't fix every issue, but it worked last year.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This one change would help immensely because it would be similar to the makeshift line they had in place when they 5 game win streak happened last season.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Too many people here thinking that Carimi can play LT in the NFL, so its just not worth responding to. Whoever thinks Carimi at LT and Louis at RT is the answer u may want to have a C/T scan ASAP

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
I think the OL should stay exactly the same. If you change anyone out, i guarantee you it will be worse. More often than not, our sacks from last game came from miscommunication. Only way that gets better is with time and experience, so if you take out Webb for example, Chris Williams would be even worse off because he would have had no time working with the rest of the line. The only way for the line to get better is to keep the same guys in there week in and week out. If we had anyone better on our bench, they'd be starting, although i do agree that Spencer has been worse than Webb.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I say trade our first round draft pick for Nate Solder of the New England Patriots. :yep:

Wouldn't have to if the bears had just drafted him. I remember predraft, there was a mock on the main site and it had the bears taking him...I then saw him play..and remembering that name. He played the postion like a badass! And that was as a rookie. No-one could get around him and Brady had allday. What could have been..

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I think the OL should stay exactly the same. If you change anyone out, i guarantee you it will be worse. More often than not, our sacks from last game came from miscommunication. Only way that gets better is with time and experience, so if you take out Webb for example, Chris Williams would be even worse off because he would have had no time working with the rest of the line. The only way for the line to get better is to keep the same guys in there week in and week out. If we had anyone better on our bench, they'd be starting, although i do agree that Spencer has been worse than Webb.

This is why James Brown would not be any better, plus he is a raw rookie. Him and Johnathon Scott need to get practice reps, and I would think Scott, given he has much more NFL experience and games under his belt would be a better alternative to Webb. Tice and Smith aren't benching Webb because they are stubborn fucks. The neglecting the O line thing has been festering, and finally has blown up over the top and infected the whole teams cohesiveness, starting with the QB. If it isn't fixed, and all the new toys that were supposed to make the Bears the "elite" darlings of the NFL, can't be utilized I expect Marshall and others to open their mouths about it too, however subtly. This team can have HOF'ers in all other positions on offense and still wouldn't click with the garbage line they have, and to an extent the coaches. Football games are won and lost in the trenches FIRST, and you'd think that people in charge of operating a professional football team would know this by now, but hey, this is the result you get when you have a fucking bean counter doing the hiring for the Chicago Bears.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
The right side of the line can stay the same but the left side needs a change. I think C. Williams can go back to guard were he played ok last year or LT if Tice thinks he can handle it. If he goes to guard then they can try Brown at LT. Don't know if it will help but it is worth a shot.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
This team will take a run heavy approach from here on out, with quick passes, roll-outs and play action (after calling some successive run plays). Then everyone will think this OL is top 5 again with the help from TE's and chipping. This team will not lay another egg after the embarrassment. As usual, hype leads to an abysmal performance by the Bears. This was a wake up call for them.