Inconsistent officiating

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
This 2020 Covid shit and its shortened season has still produced some high quality baseball, except the calls behind the plate..Did they go out and recruit some fckng moron 2nd rate umpires? It sure looks like it smh.. Fckng robots would do better then the plate instead of the blind, inconsistent pricks they have calling balls n strikes..

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that maybe these assholes are intentionally fucking up their calls of balls and strikes in order to get the league to go to a computer making the calls for them. When you think about it, its a big time reduction in work for the day that they have scheduled behind the plate. The home plate ump would be reduced to only rule on swings but even that wouldn't be really necessary because it has become mostly the base umps who end up ruling on that anyway. So that means only foul tips a few pop ups behind the plate where the screen is involved, and safe or out calls at the plate would be part of the home plate umps accountability.

The other thing is that if they computerize home plate ball and strike calls, this would eliminate all of the fucking pitch framing shit that is going on right now and has become really a part of virtually every strike called in baseball right now. Its never been this blatant and bad and is boring as hell to me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that maybe these assholes are intentionally fucking up their calls of balls and strikes in order to get the league to go to a computer making the calls for them. When you think about it, its a big time reduction in work for the day that they have scheduled behind the plate. The home plate ump would be reduced to only rule on swings but even that wouldn't be really necessary because it has become mostly the base umps who end up ruling on that anyway. So that means only foul tips a few pop ups behind the plate where the screen is involved, and safe or out calls at the plate would be part of the home plate umps accountability.

The other thing is that if they computerize home plate ball and strike calls, this would eliminate all of the fucking pitch framing shit that is going on right now and has become really a part of virtually every strike called in baseball right now. Its never been this blatant and bad and is boring as hell to me.

They should just build a caged computer desk behind home plate for the head ump to monitor all things from every angle. Speed up and localize most reviews, use electronic chip in ball center to get most things right.

I hate it as a pitching purist. I mean that expanding the zone through consistency is the hallmark of great pitchers/catchers and this "struggle" is half the nuance of baseball. Thats the game...play with the batters eye and earn the Umpires respect by hitting the same spot.

I've seen some terrible calls and inconsistency too.

ChisoxCRO

Liked Posts:
I cannot believe that you would pitch to Ramirez in bottom of 10th...where is Renteria's and Cooper's head at??? Or did Ruiz ignore everyone including McCann on pitch call. Unacceptable. Not to mention the officiating. Bring back Ozzie who knows how to handle the pitching staff.If the Sox do anything in post season it will be inspite of Renteria.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My question is why not bring Colome back out for the 10th? He only threw six pitches in the 9th.

ChisoxCRO

Liked Posts:
I heard he had back stiffness. Gonzalez was warmed up, a lefty, why not put him in? Again, brainless Renteria.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
See: Hernandez, Angel.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a game in which I wish Hawk was still in the booth announcing. He despised Angel Hernandez and it would have seen an epic Hawk meltdown or two in this game.

Also, this is another example of how the decision on keeping umpiring crews with the same teams as they go from series to series is total crap. It really is unfair to the teams involved when an umpire who is biased against your team continues to make calls.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Angel Hernandez was fckng brutal. How he still has a job makes MLB look as incompetent as he does. They gotta get on a roll tho because since they clinched some seem to have eased up and slacking off. Ricky has to light fires on some asses and sit Robert, and Encarnacion..they could blow the division that was theirs for the taking.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Angel literally looked like he had been Freaky Friday switched with another person.

And that person was just guessing lol

Pitches would be like a foot off the plate... STRIKE

Not gonna lie, I was lmao by the end... it was so fucking bad.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players don’t mind umps who are off the plate but call it consistently. The issue is when the zone changes inning to inning. Also, officiating? This baseball bro. Lol

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Players don’t mind umps who are off the plate but call it consistently. The issue is when the zone changes inning to inning. Also, officiating? This baseball bro. Lol

I'd say if the zone is within a margin of error and it is consistent, then yeah absolutely you are right.

When the zone is expanded like 6-8 inches in every direction, and that expanded zone shifts from pitch to pitch.... holy fuck that's a shitshow.

I get you can have a miss or a bad night, but to be calling pitches literally almost a foot outside the zone as strikes... lol dafuq?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say if the zone is within a margin of error and it is consistent, then yeah absolutely you are right.

When the zone is expanded like 6-8 inches in every direction, and that expanded zone shifts from pitch to pitch.... holy fuck that's a shitshow.

I get you can have a miss or a bad night, but to be calling pitches literally almost a foot outside the zone as strikes... lol dafuq?
It’s actually better now with k zone. It makes them get graded harder. I mean Greg Maddux made a living 6 inches off the plate cause of reputation and expanded zones