Indianapolis Colts GM Chris Ballard: 'Consequences' for players unvaccinated against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Ok well…the WHO and FDA disagree with you about boosters and many scientists and doctors are debating this issue as we speak. Glad that you’re sure of it though!

If you roll up your sleeve and still contract and spread Covid, def don’t wanna hear any whining from you. Or actually, feel free to whine, it is a free country and that is your right
The WHO has said, “Equitable access to safe and effective vaccines is critical to ending the COVID-19 pandemic,”

The FDA has outright approved 1 vaccine already and has approved the rest under emergency authority.

Due to having taken proper precautions of wearing a mask and social distancing, I have yet to catch Covid, unlike friends and family. But, decreasing the probability of getting it precludes people getting the vaccination and adhering to social responsibility.

Now, some fucking idiots are taking horse parasite remover and shitting their pants I. Public instead of an approved vaccine. Nobody can make that dumb up.

So, yeah, quit whining, roll up your sleeve, get the shot and stfu!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The WHO has said, “Equitable access to safe and effective vaccines is critical to ending the COVID-19 pandemic,”

The FDA has outright approved 1 vaccine already and has approved the rest under emergency authority.

Due to having taken proper precautions of wearing a mask and social distancing, I have yet to catch Covid, unlike friends and family. But, decreasing the probability of getting it precludes people getting the vaccination and adhering to social responsibility.

Now, some fucking idiots are taking horse parasite remover and shitting their pants I. Public instead of an approved vaccine. Nobody can make that dumb up.

So, yeah, quit whining, roll up your sleeve, get the shot and stfu!
Lol oh lord….

I’d suggest turning off the news every and now and then…and you were referencing booster shots in your previous post were you not?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
so you think a team is going to cut a star player or a guy that will accelerate a shit ton of money against the cap?
A former league MVP was just cut because he wasn't available due to Covid policies. Do you think GMs/coaches want to deal with question of availability week to week?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A former league MVP was just cut because he wasn't available due to Covid policies. Do you think GMs/coaches want to deal with question of availability week to week?
Then why not cut all of them?

Also, Cam Newton is saying that, not BB

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
so you think a team is going to cut a star player or a guy that will accelerate a shit ton of money against the cap?
The NFL is better than any sports league at churning through it's stars.

The cap is an issue, but we've also seen examples of players who have gotten in the way of making money. The key example is Kaepernick. When this league decides someone's career is over, it's over. The days of Al Davis challenging the rest of the league are long gone.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL is better than any sports league at churning through it's stars.

The cap is an issue, but we've also seen examples of players who have gotten in the way of making money. The key example is Kaepernick. When this league decides someone's career is over, it's over. The days of Al Davis challenging the rest of the league are long gone.
But they aren't cutting all unvaxxed players willy nilly......my point stands

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Then why not cut all of them?

Also, Cam Newton is saying that, not BB
No coach or GM will ever go on record saying they cut a player because of COVID-19. I'd add, the Pats operate with a higher level of secrecy than most. I can't recall them ever saying why someone was cut.

As for Cam, there's motivation for him to say it's vaccine related because he can get a shot and immediately fix it. Any fixable narrative is better than 'got beat out by rookie QB because his arm is shot'.

I look at his contract and don't see why else the team would cut him. His contract was all incentive based, so as a backup he wasn't costing much against the cap. He also had almost 2 offseasons and 1 season in the system, so he'd know what he's doing and the team would know him.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lol oh lord….

I’d suggest turning off the news every and now and then…and you were referencing booster shots in your previous post were you not?
Yes. Vaccines and booster shots go together like a horse and carriage, peanut butter and jelly.

And, no, whatever corner of the web you’re getting your info from is not going to be on par with the news.

This shit be like, “Turn off the news and enter my echo chamber, muwahahahababsb! *cough*!!!” Yeah, no. I’ll just pull your card on whatever bs you’re peddling.

Nobody could make this shit up!

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
But they aren't cutting all unvaxxed players willy nilly......my point stands
I think if any team all of a sudden cut all the unvaxxed players it would be hard to prove they weren't cutting based on those facts.

If I were the GM I'd cut one or two more vocal unvaccinated players. Some of the remaining guys will take that as a signal and get the shot. From there make a couple other cuts as time passes and just by coincidence those players will also be unvaxxed.

The teams have given the players plenty of opportunities to get info and the shot. Now those players have to deal with the ramifications of those decisions. That could include unemployment.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if any team all of a sudden cut all the unvaxxed players it would be hard to prove they weren't cutting based on those facts.

If I were the GM I'd cut one or two more vocal unvaccinated players. Some of the remaining guys will take that as a signal and get the shot. From there make a couple other cuts as time passes and just by coincidence those players will also be unvaxxed.

The teams have given the players plenty of opportunities to get info and the shot. Now those players have to deal with the ramifications of those decisions. That could include unemployment.
that won't happen...

You may get a couple low level guys but you would find yourself , as a team, to either put up or shut up. If the rest of the players won't vaxx you either have to cut them or deal with it. Which is where they are at right now.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes. Vaccines and booster shots go together like a horse and carriage, peanut butter and jelly.

And, no, whatever corner of the web you’re getting your info from is not going to be on par with the news.

This shit be like, “Turn off the news and enter my echo chamber, muwahahahababsb! *cough*!!! Yeah, no. I just pull your card on whatever bs you’re peddling.

nobody could make this shit up!
You might wanna reconsider your vaccine / booster hand in hand stance. Especially as it concerns to Covid. There is great debate between scientists and organizations like the FDA, CDC, WHO about whether they should be administered . You seem to think it’s black and white when it’s far from it.

Also, not sure what your news diatribe is about. My comment came strictly from a public health standpoint. It’s usually obvious when people compulsively watch the news and it’s definitely not healthy. Sorry if I’m mistaken

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My discussion was with the person that demanded all unvaxxed players get cut
Hyperbole?

Anyways, it's all a cost benefit analysis. The Patriots would never admit they cut Cam because of the vaccine, despite the fact that it came after he was barred from the practice facility for 5 days per NFL protocols. Of course, his contract makes it easier for him to be cut.

Contrast that with the Vikings who would never admit that they can't cut Cousins because of the vaccine due to his guaranteed contract.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
My discussion was with the person that demanded all unvaxxed players get cut
I agree that cutting all unvaxxed players does not make sense. Aside from the clear NFLPA violation that could be a fairly large talent drain on the team that's less than 2 weeks form the season and most of the people making that call are judged on wins and losses.

I do agree that it's in the teams best interest to have all players vaccinated. That's just mitigating a specific risk with the science and information that's available. That's really simple to understand and get behind.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At the risk of being a @Hal9000, I could see the NFL not wanting teams to make the decision to cut all non-vaxxed players.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hyperbole?

Anyways, it's all a cost benefit analysis. The Patriots would never admit they cut Cam because of the vaccine, despite the fact that it came after he was barred from the practice facility for 5 days per NFL protocols. Of course, his contract makes it easier for him to be cut.

Contrast that with the Vikings who would never admit that they can't cut Cousins because of the vaccine due to his guaranteed contract.
is it possible they cut him so there is no issue with players on who the starter is.....that has been done plenty of times with marginal vet QBs and a new QB brought in as the starter

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that cutting all unvaxxed players does not make sense. Aside from the clear NFLPA violation that could be a fairly large talent drain on the team that's less than 2 weeks form the season and most of the people making that call are judged on wins and losses.

I do agree that it's in the teams best interest to have all players vaccinated. That's just mitigating a specific risk with the science and information that's available. That's really simple to understand and get behind.
I have no issue with a team's desire to have all the players vaxxed.

My original argument was that wanting all unvaxxed players cut is a meatball idea. Its not possible or practical.

People morphed the discussion from there

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Consequences like what? Being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list per NFL protocols? I don't see anything in that article that makes Ballard's "approach" any different than just reinforcing the NFL's policy, which is what every team is doing. Ballard, for whatever reason, just seems to have been ineffective in persuading his players to get vaccinated in comparison to other GMs.
What I got from the article is that their plan does not include yelling and screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.