Indianapolis Colts GM Chris Ballard: 'Consequences' for players unvaccinated against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I want to agree with you. I really do, but they are a danger to al of the other members of the NFLPA and coaches who may get infected by them and lose their ability to care for their own.

So, fighting for the right to spread a very dangerous and mutating
The sooner all these imbecilic, knuckle-dragging unvaccinated people (not just players) die, the better. Once we burn their corpses, us kind and compassionate (and smart) people can finally get on with our lives, free from COVID.

#Science
Yep!:

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
as I stated before cutting an unvaxxed player and keeping another unvaxxed player is disingenuous at best...go wiith your best players or go with vaxxed players only....anything else is hypocrisy
wrong. anything else is called trying to minimize the risk the best they can while also keeping a balance of also trying to win games. The world is not extreme side A and extreme side B. there is actually maneuvering room in the middle ground.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
what the actual fuck are you talking about....

the NFL mandated these arbitrary numbers .....if they reach these numbers why should there be further penalties? Just make it 100% then.....why less than 100%
If the NFL could, it would have been 100%.

The NFL is a business.

It does not make money if the "house is on fire".

There is a cost to losing players and fans to Covid, be it for 5 days or forever.

While big business like the armed forces go to 100%, the NFL goes to some arbitrary number. That comes with dealing with the Players association, I guess.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
wrong. anything else is called trying to minimize the risk the best they can while also keeping a balance of also trying to win games. The world is not extreme side A and extreme side B. there is actually maneuvering room in the middle ground.

It's like this. John Nash houses catches fire. And the family leaves to go find a phone instead of stick around for a bit and try to put the fire out. But all the crazy people inside John Nashs head stick around to put the fire out. Fire Department finally shows up to put the fire out and the house was never on fire!

That's what covid is like in these football locker rooms. You got a bunch of really crazy but really smart people who's houses aren't even on fire, yet everyone is running around trying to put fires out.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
For christs sake man, I just wrapped my brane around your fireman family house fire concept.
Stop changing shit up.
We fighting fires here or are we going full Milton Friedman?
Some people use science as "science", that crazy talk that is not to be believed.

I just gave math and economics as other reasons for a team to want to have players vaccinated.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Some people use science as "science", that crazy talk that is not to be believed.

I just gave math and economics as other reasons for a team to want to have players vaccinated.

That's funny you think that we ever Math or Economic up in here.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It's like this. John Nash houses catches fire. And the family leaves to go find a phone instead of stick around for a bit and try to put the fire out. But all the crazy people inside John Nashs head stick around to put the fire out. Fire Department finally shows up to put the fire out and the house was never on fire!

That's what covid is like in these football locker rooms. You got a bunch of really crazy but really smart people who's houses aren't even on fire, yet everyone is running around trying to put fires out.
There are 10 Soldier Fields worth of Americans who can neither agree with you or disagree with you because of those fires that don't exist.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Bucs 100% vaccinated, coaches, players, and staff

It's almost like the defending champs have good leadership and maximized the importance of winning and acting as a team
This is surprising to me because I had thought that Tom Terrific was an anti vaxxer because he is into weird dietary belief systems and all that stuff about being musculaturely "pliable" or whatever the heck that means but good to know he is taking care of his body by vaccinating it against a deadly disease that could literally kill him as he is now much older than the younger team mates whomst would probably just get a cough and be just fine except maybe perhaps lineman due to their obesity being a comorbidity for this covid.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Is this shit supposed to be a burn or something?

Can you imagine what the Covid rate would be like if Israel had the vaccination rate of Florida or Texas?

Getting the vaccination reduces the rate of contagion with a floor achieved due to a certain proportion of society getting the shot. It is a novel corona in a new host, so it's mutating and adapting as viruses are wont to do. A basic understanding of epidemiology, and a college-level (maybe even HS, if your teacher was good) Bio course would explain this.

It's hard not be condescending when this is the shit people be showing like it's some kind of evidence.

1630613940504.png

I swear, somebody is trolling the anti-vaxxers to see what challenge they can get them to do next.

It's like, "hey, these dumb fucks think parasites and a virus are the same thing. Let's get them to take horse medicine so they shit their pants in public."

"Nah man, there's no way they'd do that. Motherfucker, they did it. Maybe we can get them to drink bleach next..."

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
fair enough, but cutting one vaxxed player is not going to protect a team if there are still a sizeable portion of unvaxxed players
I think cutting one unvaxxed player is just another way of motivating the other unvaxxed players to get the shot.

What's not been discussed is that teams have had a fairly massive education campaign that allows players to ask questions, get answers and learn. They have also been tasked with explaining to both coaches and players what happens if there is a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players.

I can imagine on a team the unvaxxed do share stories and possibly have one person be the unofficial group's voice. When that person gets cut the unvaxxed now have some additional perspective they should be adding into their decision.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL mandated 70% I think....if a team is 70% what is the issue?

If they are under 70% then start fining people I guess

cutting them is idiotic meatball psycho shit talk
I think Cam was cut because of COVID protocol.
What he gave Mac Jones there was the opportunity to show the coaches what the atmosphere and locker room would be like without Cam for a few days.
It undercut one of Cams greatest traits which was leadership.
In the end he created one headache too many and left a door open, because on the field he looked better than Mac and they designed the perfect system for Cam.
I think the Patriots were a playoff team with Cam but will miss out with Mac.

Last edited:

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Darious Leonard confirmed he is unvaxed today after getting a massive contract extension a few weeks ago.

Wentz confirmed he is unvaxxed after Ballard traded for him this offseason.

Ballard really dropping the consequence hammer on the leaders of both sides of the ball. Sounds like he is running a real tight ship there.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this shit supposed to be a burn or something?

Can you imagine what the Covid rate would be like if Israel had the vaccination rate of Florida or Texas?

Getting the vaccination reduces the rate of contagion with a floor achieved due to a certain proportion of society getting the shot. It is a novel corona in a new host, so it's mutating and adapting as viruses are wont to do. A basic understanding of epidemiology, and a college-level (maybe even HS, if your teacher was good) Bio course would explain this.

It's hard not be condescending when this is the shit people be showing like it's some kind of evidence.

View attachment 13680

I swear, somebody is trolling the anti-vaxxers to see what challenge they can get them to do next.

It's like, "hey, these dumb fucks think parasites and a virus are the same thing. Let's get them to take horse medicine so they shit their pants in public."

"Nah man, there's no way they'd do that. Motherfucker, they did it. Maybe we can get them to drink bleach next..."
You bring up good points.
Ever been to a market in Israel? Jerusalem? The conditions and population density, as well as speech patterns(talking loud) and cultural speech proximity are all different but in this case pertinent factors.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never said anything about a GM 'controlling' what players do with their own bodies. I just said that Ballard has been ineffective in persuading his players. Hell, even the Vikings brought in experts in disease transmission to explain to their players how important the vaccine is - whether or not they listened, who knows... but even if one person walks away with a changed mind and decides to get the vaccine, that means the organization is doing their job. Part of being a leader is being able to persuade, or at least appeal to a common goal. I don't see a "different approach" from Ballard, and I don't get the sense that Ballard really cares one way or another - do you?

No, literally none of that is a GM's responsibility. Their one and only job is talent acquisition and being on the same page with their scouting and coaching staff towards that goal.

You're confusing the job of the medical staff and coaches with what a GM does.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meth causes seizures? Do you think Justin Fields is on the meth? Doesn't he suffer from da seizures?
Different sort of seizures. This is the type where contraband is confiscated and assets are seized. That sort of seizure.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darious Leonard confirmed he is unvaxed today after getting a massive contract extension a few weeks ago.

Wentz confirmed he is unvaxxed after Ballard traded for him this offseason.

Ballard really dropping the consequence hammer on the leaders of both sides of the ball. Sounds like he is running a real tight ship there.
winning games > vaccination

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
winning games > vaccination
So, why is Ballard claiming there will be consequences? We'll see how the locker rooms hold up when a team has key players out because they are unvaxxed.

I can tell you this if Wentz, Cousins, Leonard types were the 'leaders' of a unit I played on I would have a big issue with them. This is not putting winning first. This is selfish, it's not team orientated.

Again, look no further than the defending champs.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, why is Ballard claiming there will be consequences? We'll see how the locker rooms hold up when a team has key players out because they are unvaxxed.

I can tell you this if Wentz, Cousins, Leonard types were the 'leaders' of a unit I played on I would have a big issue with them. This is not putting winning first. This is selfish, it's not team orientated.

Again, look no further than the defending champs.
No shit Sherlock. Because each person's individual health is their own choice and responsibility. Just because you want to be a cunt about it doesn't remove that choice from each individual.

Imagine being so fucking stupid as to actually believe an athlete's only purpose is smile and nod to everything being regurgitated by a bunch of people that aren't in their situation. Because, in case you forgot, their entire lives are ahead of them AFTER football.

Status
Not open for further replies.