Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
The only reason it looks like Kmet slows down is because the moment he reads the trajectory of the pass, he sees it is too far off target. So he suddenly adjusts his route inside (watch his feet) to try to undercut the pass before it gets to the defender…

CommonSpicyFrog-size_restricted.gif

It's a straight up bad throw. Kmet is open, like wide open for a decent gain before he throws the ball to the two defenders. On the outside ESB is one on one and beats his man with zero safety help over the top.

Shades of Cutler having his bellrung and forgetting how to find his open man.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Fields shouldn't have thrown it because you don't leave guys hanging out to dry. Kmet would have taken a huge hit on that play
Yes! If Fields makes an on-target throw there, Kmet is probably dead right now. It’s obvious Fields locked in to his primary on that play and didn’t read the defense at all, let alone look to whether his secondary or tertiary were uncovered. But that’s what this year (and probably next year…) is all about. Seeing if Fields can start comprehending in real time what defenses are doing and recognizing where the holes are, instead of just locking in on what his receivers are doing. Trubisky never learned to read defenses, which is why he is what he is at this point, an NFL backup-type guy. With Fields, the book is still being written. We’re only in the first chapter…

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can you post the full screen of this ? It is painful to see, but he has EQ or it may be Pringle running down the sideline wide open.
Kmet was open and an easy throw so I don't mind him going there but fuck, what an awful toss.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet was open and an easy throw so I don't mind him going there but fuck, what an awful toss.
he was splitting two defenders, if you watch the full video you'll change your mind. I don't like the decision at all.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes! If Fields makes an on-target throw there, Kmet is probably dead right now. It’s obvious Fields locked in to his primary on that play and didn’t read the defense at all, let alone look to whether his secondary or tertiary were uncovered. But that’s what this year (and probably next year…) is all about. Seeing if Fields can start comprehending in real time what defenses are doing and recognizing where the holes are, instead of just locking in on what his receivers are doing. Trubisky never learned to read defenses, which is why he is what he is at this point, an NFL backup-type guy. With Fields, the book is still being written. We’re only in the first chapter…
If that's thrown tight and on time Kmet gets tackled but has time to cover up if he so chooses. Lineman rarely get killed by DBs anyway and he's closer to that than a WR.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he was splitting two defenders, if you watch the full video you'll change your mind. I don't like the decision at all.
If he throws that on time, which is earlier and closer to the hash, Kmet takes over 2 full steps with the ball before he's even touched. If that's thrown tight and on time Kmet gets tackled but has time to cover up if he so choses. If that's thrown while he's got no one near him like it should Kmet likely buries one of them in the dirt if so inclined.

If you're saying there was a better throw, I won't argue but there was nothing wrong with throwing it to Kmet if on time. Late and leading him to an execution is not good.

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
Now yall understand why the offensive guru Nagy kept running curls. I told yall its because Fields can only execute like 3 plays but everyone called me crazy.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he throws that on time, which is earlier and closer to the hash, Kmet takes over 2 full steps with the ball before he's even touched. If that's thrown tight and on time Kmet gets tackled but has time to cover up if he so choses. If that's thrown while he's got no one near him like it should Kmet likely buries one of them in the dirt if so inclined.
not playing the if game. Watch the replay, he has Equifax wide open for probably a TD.

1664200837353.png

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We should trade Kmet to Miami for Gesicki.

We get a true pass catching TE and actual weapon for Fields and they get their TE that can block and run routes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not playing the if game. Watch the replay, he has Equifax wide open for probably a TD.

View attachment 22862
No doubt and another QB sees that but I don't mind him nailing his 1st read. Here's the thing. He stares Kmet down for a while without looking off the safety. Safety could just as easily have covered Brown if Fields had stared that way instead. Brown was that open because of Fields. It's just shit QB play any way you look at it. Watch the start of that play. Safety is straight back splitting the difference. Fields can control him but instead, stares down Kmet.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Thus far he looks like a ?. Trubisky 2.0
Much worse than Tribusky, tbh…as sad as that is to say. He keeps playing this bad and he’ll be out of the league in a couple years. Not even backup level play

czman

Liked Posts:
If you watch that play you can see Kmet looks back at the QB at the 26 yard line. He actually is expecting the ball to be on him. So he obviously slows down because he is looking back at the QB. You can even see him when he looks back put his hands up to get ready to catch the ball. When Kmet looks back is when Fields back foot hits the ground (when the ball should come out). For some reason Fields takes another tiny step and he has a long slow throwing motion. So the ball comes out real late. Kmet is expecting the ball at the 26 and the ball is caught at the 42. That is 16 yards down field further then where Kmet thought he would get it.

For the people who are saying he slowed down........yeah. No one runs as fast looking backward as they do facing forward. He has to look back to catch the ball. He literally runs 5 yards looking back before the ball is even thrown. ~70% of his route was waiting for the ball to be thrown. Kmet is not fast but stating he slowed down so it is his fault is a failure to understand anything about.........well football, running, the human body, anything???

Now in Fields defense there is a fake draw that is useless on that play that stops him from getting in his throwing motion as quickly as he needs to. He still takes the extra step and the the slow wind up.

I would like that play more without the HB draw portion that goes right in front of the QB. I would like it if Fields would realize his guy was open and not even pretend to hand the ball off and just step and fire. That is the difference between Rodger, for example, and and a young QB.

I guess this is where I am blaming Getsy. He is calling the game like he has Rodgers with his snap delivery out there. There is no way Fields can get that ball out at that quick to Kmet with the fake handoff. Rodgers could. Fields is extreamly slow with his mechanics. At some point you have to let him just drop back see and sling it. No fakes, no moving the pocket. Just see it and sling it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Thus far he looks like a ?. Trubisky 2.0
To be fair, Trubisky looked way better. Fields is looking like a complete bust. He is unable to read defenses. Not sure that will improve and this coach and GM will not give him the opportunity next season (they did not draft him and will not sit by and wait it out). He needs to improve fast or he is getting traded at the end of the season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Now yall understand why the offensive guru Nagy kept running curls. I told yall its because Fields can only execute like 3 plays but everyone called me crazy.
You sir, are just savage in your assessments. Carry on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you watch that play you can see Kmet looks back at the QB at the 26 yard line. He actually is expecting the ball to be on him. So he obviously slows down because he is looking back at the QB. You can even see him when he looks back put his hands up to get ready to catch the ball. When Kmet looks back is when Fields back foot hits the ground (when the ball should come out). For some reason Fields takes another tiny step and he has a long slow throwing motion. So the ball comes out real late. Kmet is expecting the ball at the 26 and the ball is caught at the 42. That is 16 yards down field further then where Kmet thought he would get it.

For the people who are saying he slowed down........yeah. No one runs as fast looking backward as they do facing forward. He has to look back to catch the ball. He literally runs 5 yards looking back before the ball is even thrown. ~70% of his route was waiting for the ball to be thrown. Kmet is not fast but stating he slowed down so it is his fault is a failure to understand anything about.........well football, running, the human body, anything???

Now in Fields defense there is a fake draw that is useless on that play that stops him from getting in his throwing motion as quickly as he needs to. He still takes the extra step and the the slow wind up.

I would like that play more without the HB draw portion that goes right in front of the QB. I would like it if Fields would realize his guy was open and not even pretend to hand the ball off and just step and fire. That is the difference between Rodger, for example, and and a young QB.

I guess this is where I am blaming Getsy. He is calling the game like he has Rodgers with his snap delivery out there. There is no way Fields can get that ball out at that quick to Kmet with the fake handoff. Rodgers could. Fields is extreamly slow with his mechanics. At some point you have to let him just drop back see and sling it. No fakes, no moving the pocket. Just see it and sling it.
Play action is what helps get Kmet open since TEs stay in on runs. Fields had plenty of time to hit Kmet under the safety and could have done so even when throw. People blaming Kmet or Getsy are just wrong here. It was a good call.

Now we can't use play action on downfield plays? What? Just a shit throw that could have been an easy completion with different placement... even with the late release.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can Fields play WR? Be our Deebo?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
That really is one of the worst throws I've ever seen. Fields has a long way to go to be mediocre at this point but I don't believe anyone can say this is his ceiling.