[Infante] Justin Fields missing wide open WR's *Video*

czman

Liked Posts:
Play action is what helps get Kmet open since TEs stay in on runs. Fields had plenty of time to hit Kmet under the safety and could have done so even when throw. People blaming Kmet or Getsy are just wrong here. It was a good call.

Now we can't use play action on downfield plays? What? Just a shit throw that could have been an easy completion with different placement... even with the late release.
I am ok agreeing to disagree, but lb blitzed on that play so the playaction was indeed worthless at best and detrimental at worst.

Additionally that is not supposed to be a downfield pass. That is why Kmet is looking back after ~7 yards. This is why I stated at some point you have to let him drop back and pass. That fake handoff messed up his footwork and his throwing motion is slow. If you want to throw a quick pass don't have the extra steps in there. If the goal is for him to get better than you have to let him play qb. He needs to learn to see it, trust it, back foot hits ball comes out.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are officially in “make excuses for the shitty QB play” season as Bears fans. Fields even admits it was his fault but some Bears fans still want to shift some of the blame elsewhere.
No excuse, he shouldn't have thrown it...even if Kmet catches it...he is getting destroyed

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
He has to see a receiver open to throw it to him, he's not anticipating guys getting open based on their routes or the coverages.

Has the pass protection been perfect? Far from it but he's had time.

He's holding the ball till he sees the receiver open instead of trusting his guys to make the play and beat their man.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The guy is wide open at the top because he is staring down Kmet. The read is fine. The throw is ridiculously off the mark. If he wouldn't have stared him down, the safety never comes over, the outside WR is not wide open, and Fields probably still overthrows Kmet. But if he hits him and looks off the safety, it's a footrace for the endzone.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He has to see a receiver open to throw it to him, he's not anticipating guys getting open based on their routes or the coverages.

Has the pass protection been perfect? Far from it but he's had time.

He's holding the ball till he sees the receiver open instead of trusting his guys to make the play and beat their man.
Correct. But he's always going to do that. Deshaun Watson is a guy that does the same. Jay Cutler wasn't a big anticipation guy either. They are "see it, throw it" guys, which is actually fine if you see it much faster and throw it much more accurately than Fields is doing so far.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am ok agreeing to disagree, but lb blitzed on that play so the playaction was indeed worthless at best and detrimental at worst.

Additionally that is not supposed to be a downfield pass. That is why Kmet is looking back after ~7 yards. This is why I stated at some point you have to let him drop back and pass. That fake handoff messed up his footwork and his throwing motion is slow. If you want to throw a quick pass don't have the extra steps in there. If the goal is for him to get better than you have to let him play qb. He needs to learn to see it, trust it, back foot hits ball comes out.
1st off, there was no blitz. It's a 4 man rush with a spy that never gets within 3 yards of fields while being untouched. He was not attacking the pocket. You have no concept of what's actually happening here.
Lets assume you were correct about the blitz. If Fields sees that and can't adjust, he doesn't belong, period. How TF is Getsy supposed to know if a backer is going to blitz before the call? It's up to the QB to change the call if he feels it won't work. Ypur absolutely wrong about what's going on but it would all be on Fields regardless.

Jesus, the guy has already said Kmet was open and he fucked up. Why can't you accept that?

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The guy is wide open at the top because he is staring down Kmet. The read is fine. The throw is ridiculously off the mark. If he wouldn't have stared him down, the safety never comes over, the outside WR is not wide open, and Fields probably still overthrows Kmet. But if he hits him and looks off the safety, it's a footrace for the endzone.
This and Kmet was still open with a good throw and/or earlier release even with the stare down.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Kmet was his first read (which he was) why would he go to his 2nd or 3rd read if #1 looks to be coming open?

How tf did you get a job writing about football? Justin was terrible today nobody is defending what he has put on tape so far this season. I love all these armchair QBs with the most tenuous & cursory football knowledge making elaborate "bust" claims based on a single play, or even the 30ish dropbacks he's had this season
30 drop backs from this season?

How about the same habit of holding onto the ball too long and not seeing the field for shit we saw from him last year.

Some guys have an IT factor and then there are guys who don't. Fields went out and played the worst game of his career against the worst team he's faced and may yet face. He was trash against a trash team. There's no way I can just shrug my shoulders and be like he'll be okay.

Hell even Trubisky threw six TDs against a shitty Tampa Bay team. If Trubisky is shit then you can see the signs that Fields is shit too.

This won't take long to get ironed out.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Actually, I take part of this back. The throw isn't really off the mark, it's just bad. Fields' throw led him into the safety. Kmet correctly sits down a bit so he doesn't run right into coverage. Bad all around for Fields.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Correct. But he's always going to do that. Deshaun Watson is a guy that does the same. Jay Cutler wasn't a big anticipation guy either. They are "see it, throw it" guys, which is actually fine if you see it much faster and throw it much more accurately than Fields is doing so far.
“Jay Cutler wasn’t a big anticipation guy either”

There’s a ringing endorsement. You say this like it’s a good thing. And deshaun Watson? Talk to me when Fields resembles an NFL QB…yet alone puts up one of the best QB seasons ever like Watson

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
“Jay Cutler wasn’t a big anticipation guy either”

There’s a ringing endorsement. You say this like it’s a good thing. And deshaun Watson? Talk to me when Fields resembles an NFL QB…yet alone puts up one of the best QB seasons ever like Watson
I don't think I will talk to you at all if you don't understand how examples work.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't think I will talk to you at all if you don't understand how examples work.
Maybe provide better and more relevant examples? Talk to whoever you wish.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’m all for looking at throws made and judging if it shouldn’t have been thrown, or calling bad accuracy when a throw is off target. We saw Justin fields do both of those things.

He definitely held the ball way too long all day as well.

I have a hard time judging throws he should have made though. We don’t know the progressions and where he eyes should be and when. How are we supposed to know when he should be looking at a receiver coming open?

It’s very easy to see in an all 22, but in practice it doesn’t make sense unless you have some in depth knowledge of the play design or how it’s being coached. Idk if any of us here have that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Maybe provide better and more relevant examples? Talk to whoever you wish.
The examples were fine. You took exception because you don't like Cutler and you think Watson is too good.

So essentially, the only good examples to you would be a QB who's better than Cutler but somehow has accomplished a season that led the league in passing. Do you understand how little sense that makes? Why don't I also try to take a picture of a leprechaun riding the Loch Ness Monster while high fiving a unicorn.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The examples were fine. You took exception because you don't like Cutler and you think Watson is too good.

So essentially, the only good examples to you would be a QB who's better than Cutler but somehow has accomplished a season that led the league in passing. Do you understand how little sense that makes? Why don't I also try to take a picture of a leprechaun riding the Loch Ness Monster while high fiving a unicorn.

Ok ?