Initial thoughts...

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
The offense is going to hold this team back all year, the defense is really good(same ok' Bears) the big thing keeping them from being great is the lack of turnovers.

I don't think Trubs makes much of a difference at this point, because the WR's are so weak.

That said, I was really surprised how much and how effectively we used Cohen and he may be even more explosive when we get some passing down the field. He is really fun to watch and a GREAT change of pace back to Howard.

I know it is early to talk about the offseason, but next offseason we need to sell out to improve the receiving core.

All in all, it was a fun game to watch and the bears were more than competitive against the defending NFC Champs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Naked bootleg on any of those 1st and goals from the 5 with a mobile QB sure would have been nice.

Trubisky definitely would have made a difference.

That being said, Glennon played solid enough when he needed to and didn't turn the ball over. He has major deficiencies and I can't wait for Trubs to get in, but bears team will be good enough to win with him if this game is any indication of who this bears team is.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Naked bootleg on any of those 1st and goals from the 5 with a mobile QB sure would have been nice.

That being said, Glennon played solid enough when he needed to and didn't turn the ball over. He has major deficiencies and I can't wait for Trubs to get in, but bears team will be good enough to win with him if this game is any indication of who this bears team is.

It would have been interesting if they would bring him in for such a situation. :thinking:

fatkid73

Liked Posts:

Yea, you are right. Trubs athleticism would be helpful, but I think Glennon not pushing the ball downfield has as much to do with poor WR's as as it does with Glennon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Unless they are going to make trades for some WR talent just let Glennon play. I don't want to ruin Trubisky, Massie and these WRs need upgrading first.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
If Trubs is playing we win. Not hard for a defense to quickly figure Glennon doesn't pass further than 5 yards. He fucking sucks.

billwade

Liked Posts:
I'm not even focusing on any of that right now. For the first time in many years, it felt like the Bears really wanted to compete. It was refreshing. Not having to watch the QB scowling, mugging and showing up his teammates every time he made a mistake was really great.

The Bears are going to be in a lot of games this year. Atlanta is the defending NFC champs, and the Bears took them to the wire. Cohen looks like an emerging star, and Aikeem Hicks got the money and is STILL playing at a high level.

Watching Bears football is fun again. That's really all I wanted out of this season.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm not even focusing on any of that right now. For the first time in many years, it felt like the Bears really wanted to compete. It was refreshing. Not having to watch the QB scowling, mugging and showing up his teammates every time he made a mistake was really great.

The Bears are going to be in a lot of games this year. Atlanta is the defending NFC champs, and the Bears took them to the wire. Cohen looks like an emerging star, and Aikeem Hicks got the money and is STILL playing at a high level.

Watching Bears football is fun again. That's really all I wanted out of this season.

Agreed. I expect a fun, competitive, 7-9 type season and then being true contenders in the NFC next season with Trubs, some new receivers, and an upgrade at CB.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Unless they are going to make trades for some WR talent just let Glennon play. I don't want to ruin Trubisky, Massie and these WRs need upgrading first.

this is the ugly truth that I am trying to avoid right now...I don't want to have to bear another whole season of just looking toward the offseason..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This assumes he even gets down there. The dude is a rookie that doesn't know the playbook and doesn't know how to line how the team etc. Glennon is a game manager which is what we need at this point.

When we are out of playoff contention, Glennon shits the bed or Trubiksy can master the mental aspect of the game then you play him.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Was Shaheen on the field today? I thought this guy could jump through the roof? Why not put him in on the last 4 plays.

I'm confused by these camp hero reports.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I expect a fun, competitive, 7-9 type season and then being true contenders in the NFC next season with Trubs, some new receivers, and an upgrade at CB.

expect plenty of growing pains and inconsistency from trubisky next season. won't be a contender until 2019. 2017 is a wasted year of development.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Turnovers would've been tough to come by today. Matt Ryan took zero chances. My guess is Dan Quinn shoved that down his throat prepping for the bears knowing they only needed 20 points to win.

Shit if demps didn't get stiff armed to the ground maybe we could've held that TD.

Glennon took zero chances. Looked like shit for 50 minutes of the game. Had a couple of nice drives to end it there, but this offense is significantly hindered by his immobility.

positive takeaways:

Tarik Cohen
Fun game to watch

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
expect plenty of growing pains and inconsistency from trubisky next season. won't be a contender until 2019. 2017 is a wasted year of development.

Sorry dude, but that's a ridiculous statement, imo.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
This assumes he even gets down there. The dude is a rookie that doesn't know the playbook and doesn't know how to line how the team etc. Glennon is a game manager which is what we need at this point.

When we are out of playoff contention, Glennon shits the bed or Trubiksy can master the mental aspect of the game then you play him.

How do you know this? What are you basing your claim on?

I would counter and say he does know the playbook the evidence is him being the backup.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good game. Good effort. Even better result.

The best result is playing hard, being competitive, and eventually losing, therefore eliminating the playoffs sooner, leading to Trubisky sooner, and getting a better draft pick.

All happened today. One single negative was Kevin White. Other than that. Stayed healthy performed well against a solid team.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
That's not how good teams finish games.

I would coach up Mitchell Trubisky in 2:00 minute drill and red zone offense and let him close. Mitch IS our "Closer."

TL1961

Liked Posts:

No timeouts.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This assumes he even gets down there. The dude is a rookie that doesn't know the playbook and doesn't know how to line how the team etc.
Please, cite anything that proves this other than to be your bullshit.