Inside the Knicks' secret attempt to lure Michael Jordan from the Bulls

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Was always my understanding the Knicks never really had a chance, they were more so just used as leverage so Reinsdorf would offer a lot of money.

I also don't believe Jerry would ever let Jordan go.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Was always my understanding the Knicks never really had a chance, they were more so just used as leverage so Reinsdorf would offer a lot of money.

I also don't believe Jerry would ever let Jordan go.
Yeah. Can't imagine mj leaving a 72-10 team to go to a shit roster. Ewing was good but dont know if they win a championship with mj.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jordan on the Knicks would have been an uglier sight than Starks on the Bulls.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Can't imagine mj leaving a 72-10 team to go to a shit roster. Ewing is good but dont know if they win a championship with mj.
Those Knicks teams always had the same problem.. The lack of offense. John Starks was an undersized SG. The team had no lack of defense, but often struggled at scoring at times.

The 96-97 Knicks signed Allan Houston, Chris Childs, and traded for LJ.. This really was Ewing's last year before his body fell apart, and they did go 57-25, and were it not for a brawl that led to suspensions after Game 5, the Knicks likely play the Bulls in the 97 ECF.

Jordan of course would change the entire Knicks offense and you likely seem them produce a lot more. They wouldn't have any money for anyone else though. It would all just be weird though if it actually did happen.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Those Knicks teams always had the same problem.. The lack of offense. John Starks was an undersized SG. The team had no lack of defense, but often struggled at scoring at times.

The 96-97 Knicks signed Allan Houston, Chris Childs, and traded for LJ.. This really was Ewing's last year before his body fell apart, and they did go 57-25, and were it not for a brawl that led to suspensions after Game 5, the Knicks likely play the Bulls in the 97 ECF.

Jordan of course would change the entire Knicks offense and you likely seem them produce a lot more. They wouldn't have any money for anyone else though. It would all just be weird though if it actually did happen.
Yeah i was glad the knicks lost in the semis. I though the heat were an easier out that year.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
This brings back flashbacks. I remember this rumor at the time. How did rumors get spread pre social media.. I don't remember :)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This brings back flashbacks. I remember this rumor at the time. How did rumors get spread pre social media.. I don't remember :)
You fire up your dial up with aol.com and go to sports illustrated rumors page 30 min later lol