My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I hope that Jones continues to be under rated by the Media and other coaching staffs, because I tend to think that his floor is much higher than any of the other QBs. Honestly I think that Jones is exactly what they were hoping Trubisky would be, but it turns out that Trubisky does not have the accuracy down field.

The concept of keeping your eyes on the receiver makes sense to me. There are a few analogies that I draw from (I never played QB)
1. Teaching my daughters how to drive. They improved dramatically once I convinced them to look down the road instead of right in front of the car.
2. A young basketball player can make a tremendous leap once they learn to dribble the ball without looking.
3. Personally in golf, my long lag putts improved dramatically after an instructor gave me a drill that had me only looking at the hole and watching the reaction of the ball only when it got closer to the hole. I actually putt that way on all but the shortest putts now.

The concept is about feel.

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
Jones is really getting a TON of hype heading into the draft. Even if we wanted him, at this rate there is NO way he is going to still be on the board at #20. Honestly, with every other team in the NFL basically horny as hell to draft a QB (ANY QB! lol) in the first round, I am increasingly in agreement with those who say we should capitalize by getting steals at other positions that are being virtually ignored by other teams.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is simply hard to do. Anyone want to guess how many of the QBs drafted between 2009 and 2016 are with their original teams?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is simply hard to do. Anyone want to guess how many of the QBs drafted between 2009 and 2016 are with their original teams?
First round quarterbacks I think is the factoid you're searching for. Carson Wentz I know represented that last one of those. I can think one quarterback off the top my head right away who was drafted after the first round and is still with his original team (Russell Wilson).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First round quarterbacks I think is the factoid you're searching for. Carson Wentz I know represented that last one of those. I can think one quarterback off the top my head right away who was drafted after the first round and is still with his original team (Russell Wilson).
this.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well shit, lets just have June Jones train Mitch to watch the ball instead of his receiver and we'll be good to go.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Guess I'm missing the concept...watch the receiver not the ball...huh?

Aren't all qb watching either the wr, defense secondary or pass rush prior to the throw....how are they watching the ball?

Once the throw is made; how does watching the ball or receiver matter?

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Suddenly Alabama QBs are worthy of consideration, huh. I'd love to have seen prior evidence* that a former collegiate stud from there can be a value in the NFL. Saban's fiefdom clearly revolves more around the entire team being good, rather than anything. Are folks really rooting to draft an AJ McCarron in the 1st round, is that the ceiling?

Look at this list of QB detritus!

Also, Mac Jones is fat. He has the Roethlisberger body, but now, when even Ben didn't look like that when he was coming out. To me, he's got a little of Battleship Lorenzen in him; which again is not a good thing.
People always talk about character concerns in these kids, what about a dude who explicitly doesn't seem to care about being in good shape; wouldn't that be a pretty important concern?

Now look, just because I have a healthy hatred of Alabama^, it doesn't mean *all* of my mad ramblings are inconsequential.

*Jalen Hurts doesn't totally count, he left 'Bama. Yes, I know Tua is in the NFL, he also has little-to-no similarities to Jones.
^Like all good Americans, I'm only impressed by AL's freshwater fish and mussels diversity, not it's icky booster-led Saban-land.