Interesting tidbit from WSCR this morning on Veteran Support for Andy Dalton - explains a few things....

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
would not be surprised if there is some nugget of truth to this, tho no doubt the way OP is framing it is WAY overblown

we have seen this before where vet players on D prefer a more stable QB even if they are basically trash (Urlacher still mentions Orton to this day).

in general, nobody likes rookie QBs. and older defenders, especially studs, can be extra dumb about the QB position as we have seen in Chi.

but acting like there is some big divide or possible mutiny is just dumb

its all saying the same shit that has been said since the draft. Fields has to show he is ready and everyone will see it.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
in the entire history of the NFL there has never been a rookie QB that has even made it to the superbowl. So again they know this and know that the ONLY chance they have is if Dalton bounces back even if that chance is very small. But a small chance is better then 0 chance (historically speaking)

starting Fields is 100% a throw away year based on history. Nagy as dumb as he is, actually is doing the correct thing here with starting Dalton.

People need to relax, do you guys think packer fans are having arguments about "if only if Rodgers started earlier, think how good he would be" or KC fans saying the same thing?

LOL the Bears are not going to the SB with Nagy as coach .

This entire year is a throw away already and became one the moment they signed Dalton and kept Graham instead keeping Fuller and getting a damn veteran tackle .

The Bears offense has problems and in no way does Dalton help solve them . That people are actually buying that Dalton is the answer to the Bears qb situation is a ridiculously tall glass of kool aid that some of you are gulping down with a smile on your face but that $hit after taste that you cant get rid of is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks in a few weeks .

LOL at you basically saying Dalton is on the same level as Favre or even Alex Smith .

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, it should be noted that Nagy protects his players in pressers. Dude will never throw one under the bus to the press.

And often times it seems he is speaking to benefit players or the locker room rather than to inform the press or fans. Which means there is usually very little to learn from his pressers.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

This entire year is a throw away already and became one the moment they signed Dalton and kept Graham instead keeping Fuller and getting a damn veteran tackle .

The Bears offense has problems and in no way does Dalton help solve them . That people are actually buying that Dalton is the answer to the Bears qb situation is a ridiculously tall glass of kool aid that some of you are gulping down with a smile on your face but that $hit after taste that you cant get rid of is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks in a few weeks .

LOL at you basically saying Dalton is on the same level as Favre or even Alex Smith .

Kyle Fuller is not the best CB in the league, so to say he is the reason or one of 2 major reasons why the Bears won't win a Superbowl is GROSSLY overstating how impactful Fuller is.

In terms of coverage, which is how you SHOULD judge a CB, he isn't even top 15 in the league...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

I never said that I think they are going to the superbowl this year, I just said that Fields represents a 0% chance of that happening as a rookie. Whatever the slim chance Dalton represents is still higher then the no chance that fields represents.

If the vets on D are delusional to think they are still capable of putting together a super bowl caliber D this year then I can understand them wanting the statistical better option at QB, even if you think there is a 1% chance that Dalton bounces back and has a good season.. that is still better then the historical 0% chance of a rookie QB making the superbowl.

we all know whats going to happen.. the O will struggle under Dalton and at some point this year Fields will take over so its kind of pointless to argue about it.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Your "listen" was acturally literally a BAD listen or this is just a covering up by you for the flat-out LIE that you are telling in the OP because Biggs didn't say what you are saying he said and this whole thread by you is literally fake news and if I were you which I am not because I don't make threads blatantly lying about Bears news but if I did like you did here I would recant, redact or just flat-out delete and issue a apology especially after I got called out for it. Be better!!!!

Before you come at me, learn what a fucking comma is and how to use it appropriately.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dalton wins football games he'll have support. If he doesn't they will look to Fields...

At the end of the day its going to be about winning.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Before you come at me, learn what a fucking comma is and how to use it appropriately.
There's literally a comma inside the post you quoted and replied to and it's literally used correctly so your reply is disregarded just as your lying in your posts should be disregarded by anyone whomst has any sort of critical thinking abilities, so, literally, miss, me, with, that!

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There's literally a comma inside the post you quoted and replied to and it's literally used correctly so your reply is disregarded just as your lying in your posts should be disregarded by anyone whomst has any sort of critical thinking abilities, so, literally, miss, me, with, that!

Let's try this again.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
So, apparently there's something out in the rumor mill now that came out this morning on the Score (During the pick six segment around 6am, and reiterated with Brad Biggs around 7am).

Apparently, a lot of the older veterans want to take what they feel is their last shot at doing anything with a stable veteran (Dalton), than an unknown rookie. Our team is the oldest in the league, and apparently many of those guys are either on one year or the last year of their contract.

So all the weird hoops and circles Nagy has been jumping through lately to explain why Fields isn't starting is because he is trying to hold together a locker room divided by age - the younger guys for the most part all support Fields.

To me, this gives an extra layer to that story of Fields giving Jimmy Graham crap (and Nagy acting like he loved it shows what side he's on), and also explains why they are so bent on Dalton starting the season (so that when he fails, they can get buy in from the veterans).

It also explains why Fields was so vocal about fans booing Andy (I bet he doesn't care personally, but is trying to win over the veterans of the locker room, or at least not start a mutiny when he does take over).

That's what came to mind when I heard that. Now as to why those vets don't want the better player to play? I don't know. But I do know from hearing enough NFL players talk on the radio, the older guys sometimes have a grudge against the hot new rookie - even talented ones - even if it is totally irrational. Depends on the makeup of the team and those vets, but it seems like we got a lot of crusty vets here.

It also tells me next year is going to likely go full youth movement.

And......

That Nagy's job is probably safe this year, barring a Trestmanesqe meltdown...
I mean that's all well and good for a story but after the summer of panic over Eddie Goldman retiring that Biggs fed to the SCORE I'm not one to believe a fucking word that comes out of his mouth. Even after video came out on Twitter that Goldman was working out in preparation for the season Biggs still fed into the bullshit when Goldman was the last one into camp.

They yelped over nothing thinking Goldman was retiring and it turned into NOTHING. So no I won't listen to Biggs.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You're not using enough "literally" in your post to be compared to the real Vash, and ironically the "real" Vash was a fake account. Bottom line here is your attempt to imitate the real Vash is falling short.. do better

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
Let's try this again.

Learn how not to make up false information and then literally try to pass it off as legitimate information while it is acturally literally illegitimate information masquerading as real true information and then maybe perhaps posters won't "come after you" and call you out on your lies and being a lying liar all of the time, IGNORAMUS!

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
You're not using enough "literally" in your post to be compared to the real Vash, and ironically the "real" Vash was a fake account. Bottom line here is your attempt to imitate the real Vash is falling short.. do better
Whomst in the heck is "vash" and how in the world am I imitating anyone by this name and if the name is the name of someone whomst isn't even real how in the heck would someone even ever even imitate something which is fake in the first place and lastly if I'm not real then whomst in the heck are you even replying towards and whomst is acturally typing this post to your reply? Ever even think about thinking about any of that before you post something that makes literally ZERO SENSE?

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Inmates running the asylum. Nagy is an idiot.
I'm wondering why no one has started a "Fire Matt Nagy" thread. The guy, imo, got lucky with COY award and has been making bad decisions after another. His play calling sucks. Complete idiot imo. We need a new GM, New Coach, and quite frankly a new owner that had some fucking sense what to do with his franchise

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

You are/were @Mighty Joe Young huh? I remember your antics.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You are/were @Mighty Joe Young huh? I remember your antics.
Can I ask, for right now in this subject, since when is sharing my opinion on a football subject "antics"?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Whomst in the heck is "vash" and how in the world am I imitating anyone by this name and if the name is the name of someone whomst isn't even real how in the heck would someone even ever even imitate something which is fake in the first place and lastly if I'm not real then whomst in the heck are you even replying towards and whomst is acturally typing this post to your reply? Ever even think about thinking about any of that before you post something that makes literally ZERO SENSE?
I said do better not worse.. go back to studying how the old vash would literally type.. at least he was mildly amusing, this bad attempt at imitating him is just cringe worthy.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Can I ask, for right now in this subject, since when is sharing my opinion on a football subject "antics"?
By "antics", I am referring to you getting butt hurt all the time and E-battling like it was your job. And then you switched names a lot right? MJY, Vash the stampede, Teddy KGB, etc. How many names did you have?