Interesting tidbit from WSCR this morning on Veteran Support for Andy Dalton - explains a few things....

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
By "antics", I am referring to you getting butt hurt all the time and E-battling like it was your job. And then you switched names a lot right? MJY, Vash the stampede, Teddy KGB, etc. How many names did you have?
Kind of went over this in the politics forum, but I'll touch base here.

Bruno the red was the other one I had.

Anything else attributed to me isn't me.

And as far as how you colorfully put things, I'll own it.

At this point though I really just want to talk football and I'm trying to tone down the drama although it seems like over this WSCR thing, I've gotten sucked into it anyway. Learning there's a certain group on here that doesn't like hot takes unless it's their hot take so whatever.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I never said that I think they are going to the superbowl this year, I just said that Fields represents a 0% chance of that happening as a rookie. Whatever the slim chance Dalton represents is still higher then the no chance that fields represents.

If the vets on D are delusional to think they are still capable of putting together a super bowl caliber D this year then I can understand them wanting the statistical better option at QB, even if you think there is a 1% chance that Dalton bounces back and has a good season.. that is still better then the historical 0% chance of a rookie QB making the superbowl.

we all know whats going to happen.. the O will struggle under Dalton and at some point this year Fields will take over so its kind of pointless to argue about it.

Dalton represents zero chance of getting them to the SB because the whole offense s built around the concept of the QB being a PLAYMAKER.

Dalton has never won a playoff game you don't think they know that ? If the vets were really worried about the SB they would've been saying allow Foles to at least compete because hes actually won a playoff game and a SB .

No one on that team outside of Nagy and Pace is pushing Dalton as he hasn't done anything in years and the Bears offense has lacked playmakers

Bounce years is when you have one off year and then come back with a good year it is not someone coming back from a 5 year slide because in football thats a longtime .

In this situation there is nothing that Dalton brings that can improve the offense over last year so just running it back with a different vet doesn't make the team better . I mean isn't the whole point to be a better team than last year a better offense than last year .

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Original post edited with the audio clip sources, and clarification for the criminally stupid.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thank you for finally removing the deceitful portions of your post.

Hey Genius - Nothing was removed. I only added the 2 audio clips and a note clarifying the opinion portion for stupid people.

Mods can confirm, I assume.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Dalton represents zero chance of getting them to the SB because the whole offense s built around the concept of the QB being a PLAYMAKER.

Dalton has never won a playoff game you don't think they know that ? If the vets were really worried about the SB they would've been saying allow Foles to at least compete because hes actually won a playoff game and a SB .

No one on that team outside of Nagy and Pace is pushing Dalton as he hasn't done anything in years and the Bears offense has lacked playmakers

Bounce years is when you have one off year and then come back with a good year it is not someone coming back from a 5 year slide because in football thats a longtime .

In this situation there is nothing that Dalton brings that can improve the offense over last year so just running it back with a different vet doesn't make the team better . I mean isn't the whole point to be a better team than last year a better offense than last year .

LOL and how many NFL playoff games has Fields won? In fact how many reg season NFL games has Fields won?

Rookie QBs play like rookies that is a historical fact.. they also NEVER make it to the super bowl that is a historical fact..

If Fields out played Dalton then he would probably be starting, but by all accounts he did not.

Even in the pre season he was pretty marginal when he was up against the 1s and 2s. So why would you think playing marginal would get you to surpass the starter? The kid defiantly has the IT factor and i think he could possibly be an elite talent, but he is also still learning and playing like a rookie. Beat out Dalton and he would be starting.. he didnt so he is not, its that simple. he will get his chance in a few games probably. so all the dick ripping is pointless

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What Murray are you talking about? Kyler? He's been losing every year.
Not for long. He’s got it, but veterans don’t want to lose for 2-3 years on 1 year contracts to benefit future bears.
Fields time will come.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Not for long. He’s got it, but veterans don’t want to lose for 2-3 years on 1 year contracts to benefit future bears.
Fields time will come.
I'm not sure what you are saying but I think I disagree. I'll just emphasize Kingsbury is a moron, not quite on nagys level

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
So the Bears' vets are morons then? Cause any average fool knows Dalton isn't gonna win shit. He couldn't even win a playoff game when he was considered 'good,' but they think with their half ass defense, the 3& out king is gonna take them places?
If its true those old idiots need off the team, asap!

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
No one his holding anyone or anything hostage. Many of the vets see an experienced veteran as the best chance to WIN NOW. And the staff sees Fields as not 100% ready to WIN YET.

It will happen, maybe sooner rather than later. But not just yet…
Yeah...Dalton looked like he was gonna take the league by storm in preseason. I hope all the old fuckers on this team like playing D for 80% of the game.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah...Dalton looked like he was gonna take the league by storm in preseason. I hope all the old fuckers on this team like playing D for 80% of the game.
All this anger over preseason. You going to survive the next week plus? ???

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It very well could be as simple as that.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal at all. Mahomes sat for a year behind Alex Smith, and the Bears know Fields is the future.
Fans still need a reason to watch. Some of you just seem content with skipping the whole year...just because. I guess a lot of you are just stuck in a loser mentality maybe?

Me, I don't want to see some failed journeyman QB play like shit on the ONLY team I watch all year.

And I simply cannot buy into that al these older vets in their last year or two just want to have a losing year, cause that's the way it is with a rookie needing to sit on the bench.

Duh.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
LOL and how many NFL playoff games has Fields won? In fact how many reg season NFL games has Fields won?

Rookie QBs play like rookies that is a historical fact.. they also NEVER make it to the super bowl that is a historical fact..

If Fields out played Dalton then he would probably be starting, but by all accounts he did not.

Even in the pre season he was pretty marginal when he was up against the 1s and 2s. So why would you think playing marginal would get you to surpass the starter? The kid defiantly has the IT factor and i think he could possibly be an elite talent, but he is also still learning and playing like a rookie. Beat out Dalton and he would be starting.. he didn't so he is not, its that simple. he will get his chance in a few games probably. so all the dick ripping is pointless

LOL you cant beat out someone without being given the opportunity to do so . You simply cant thats just not how it fucking works and when did Justin Fields work with the starters against the the starting defense in the preseason ? The fact that we all witnessed a qb competition last year and you are here spouting this craziness now is simply bizarre

Dalton is a $hit QB its a historical fact

Rookie qbs play like rookies .....what does that even mean Nagydamous ? because the last 5 years there are so many damn examples of rookie being rookies and still playing far better than Dalton has ever played Daltons numbers that its flat out stupid top even try and die on this hill.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
So the Bears' vets are morons then? Cause any average fool knows Dalton isn't gonna win shit. He couldn't even win a playoff game when he was considered 'good,' but they think with their half ass defense, the 3& out king is gonna take them places?
If its true those old idiots need off the team, asap!

We all saw Eddie Jacksons reaction to drafting Fields and thats with Dalton already on the squad . If they were gonna go to bat for a vet over the rookie wouldn't it be for Foles who has actually won a playoff game and the SB in the 5 year time frame most of these guys have been on the Bears . Who they played and beat the defending champs with last year ?

I don't buy any of it they would want the rookie playmaker back there not some placeholder because despite the delusion that the placeholder is supposedly never gonna make mistakes they know he is also is never gonna make any plays .

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“We feel like Andy’s in a good spot, too. We’re confident in Andy. There’s a lot of things with Andy — I know we’ve talked about it before — but his experience, he’s won a lot of games in this league; his decision-making; his intangibles; his leadership; all the things that he’s doing, there’s so many veteran players that have come up to me and have made comments about Andy Dalton and what he’s doing in practices, in the locker room, in the huddle. All those little things that I think we’re gonna see pay off as we get into the season. It’s more about Andy right now. We’re excited about Justin. I’m more excited than anybody. But we’re just going to let this thing play out.”

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
LOL you cant beat out someone without being given the opportunity to do so . You simply cant thats just not how it fucking works and when did Justin Fields work with the starters against the the starting defense in the preseason ? The fact that we all witnessed a qb competition last year and you are here spouting this craziness now is simply bizarre

Dalton is a $hit QB its a historical fact

Rookie qbs play like rookies .....what does that even mean Nagydamous ? because the last 5 years there are so many damn examples of rookie being rookies and still playing far better than Dalton has ever played Daltons numbers that its flat out stupid top even try and die on this hill.

everybody on the team is given the opportunity to show that they belong on the team and maybe surpass the current starter, thats what training camp/practices and pre season is for.

Dalton is not a shit QB, shit QBs do not last 10 years as a starter.. he is an average QB that has had a bunch of good seasons and a few great seasons..

Rookies play like rookies means that they make rookie mistakes and that will cost you games, thats the reason that no rookie has ever made it to the superbowl.

I'm not dying on this hill, this is not me wanting Dalton to start because I think they have a shot at a superbowl. its the D that wants that, according to the OP, so go ahead and bring it up with them.

I want Dalton to start because i think he will fail as well, and its just another QB that has failed in the Nagy system and that will help get Nagy fired. On the flip side if Dalton can at least have an average offense then that might mean Nagys system might actually work, and the problem all along has been the QB.. dont have much faith that will happen and right now have no faith in Nagy but depending on what happens with an experienced vet running things it might change how i feel.

Now as much as I have no faith in Nagy I do think he is actually doing the right thing here and have to give him credit for that. Its the HC job to try and win the superbowl every year.. thats the goal for every team.. BUT he also has to develop a QB as well. So starting with a rookie basically is giving up on any chance for the superbowl and the team knows it. He also has to keep the culture of the team in check as well. You dont want a bunch of older vets that know this might be the last shot they have starting game one knowing the season is already over because you started a rookie QB.

So start the vet and see how it goes, we all know its probably not going to go well or at least not good enough to be a superbowl contender. So when Fields comes in he is not going to have a bunch of undue pressure and a toxic locker room to deal with like he might if he started day 1. And he can still learn a lot watching what a vet that has 10 years of experience is doing and why he is doing it.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Andy is here to help win. If he can do it then it is his job. If he can't, then there should be no messing around get Justin in the game.