Intrigue - WR Anthony Miller

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As an average fan relying on the media for information leading up to the draft, I never heard of this guy at all. Not even once. For the Bears to go as far as trading next year's #2 for a guy considered to be a slot guy, Pace and company had to have thought highly of him. I'll take it further and say they traded up for someone whom is probably not going to be that #1 WR in the traditional sense. I think this speaks to the shift in mentality. Going back to last year and drafting Cohen, I hope Miller has a similar impact, or I should say I hope the Bears know what they are doing. :yep:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If you're relying on media for your draft prospect talk, what WRs did you even hear about?

Here's a highlight reel to get you hyped, because the kid can ball.
[video=youtube_share;pIl5zIAzgMc]https://youtu.be/pIl5zIAzgMc[/video]

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
There were some who considered him to be the best or 2nd best WR prospect in this draft. His production was off the charts and he certainly plays fast. I think if he can process the playbook that he has a big year.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
The best quote I heard from the media was "When the Bears jumped up to draft Miller, there was a collective groan in the war rooms". People wanted him bad. One of my favorite draft picks. His attitude should bring much needed leadership to the WR corp. Mix him with AR and I think you have two capt like personalities out there. We haven't had that in... forever.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He is a couple of inches short of a top 10 overall pick. But I heard nothing of him before the draft. I don't believe there was any mention of him on this board. I did not see him in any mocks. We love him now and that is whats important.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He is a couple of inches short of a top 10 overall pick. But I heard nothing of him before the draft. I don't believe there was any mention of him on this board. I did not see him in any mocks. We love him now and that is whats important.

People loved him on this board before the draft.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Most were looking for a WR to be drafted in rd 1 or 2 (with our given pick), or then later in the draft in rd 4-7. Not many saw Miller as one of THE top WRs in the draft, so he wasn't linked to us.

Pace/Nagy had other ideas...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He was talked about plenty of times on here especially by me and i think it was bears26 and Mitchapalooza who also loved him but i know i was all over this kid. You graded our draft a C so you obviously don't like him.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...n-this-draft?p=2962599&viewfull=1#post2962599

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...in-the-draft?p=2944688&viewfull=1#post2944688

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...uld-do-at-WR?p=2973318&viewfull=1#post2973318

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...in-the-draft?p=2944740&viewfull=1#post2944740

I'm not gonna go crazy searching but i was all about the kid and plenty of others were as well.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

There were lots of people here who liked him before the draft. I saw plenty of Kirk and Miller fans

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
There were some who considered him to be the best or 2nd best WR prospect in this draft. His production was off the charts and he certainly plays fast. I think if he can process the playbook that he has a big year.

Who are these people?