IPTV service instead of cable

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone use IPTV service for their tv? I'm on a 3 day trial thing through Settv and it works pretty good. It's live tv with all the hbo's, starz, cinemaxs, nba package, mlb package, and i believe the nfl package. Its around 200 live U.S. channels.

Just curious if anyone else uses IPTV and could recommend a better service that I don't know of before I sign up with set TV.

AussieBear

whats the cost?

i run with netflix, kodi, youtube (for kiddie cartoons) and other free apps that cover local channels.. monthly bill is about 10 dollar and i have everything including still in theatre movies. this also includes live sports with acestream on kodi

i dont even need netflix @ 10 dolla, but its stream is reliable when some kodi streams are slow n limited in oz and it has a decent amount of hassle free kid shows. whenever our isp is upgraded i will be getting dat vpn for da usa netflix library.. as is.. vpns ive tried using kills my already slow connection..

saves me 13/1400 annually not paying for an aussie directtv equivalent.

all the devices are connected too.. all the tvs, pcs, tablets, phones.. you can easily watch the entire collections of game of thrones from the toilet throne if its all that..

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
20 a month but if you buy it for longer it goes down in price per

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You're going to get what you pay for judging from there Facebook reviews and YouTube channel they seem to have some upset customers. The main problems people post are...

1. Customer Service won't respond and if they do it will be a script that was copy and pasted.
2. Some channels are blacked out and it can take a good while before it's back up and working.
3. IPTV seems unreliable different IPTV will outpreform or underpreform at different times.

You can't beat that price though and I'm sure they are working towards improvements everyday so maybe some of these problems will be gone in the future.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're going to get what you pay for judging from there Facebook reviews and YouTube channel they seem to have some upset customers. The main problems people post are...

1. Customer Service won't respond and if they do it will be a script that was copy and pasted.
2. Some channels are blacked out and it can take a good while before it's back up and working.
3. IPTV seems unreliable different IPTV will outpreform or underpreform at different times.

You can't beat that price though and I'm sure they are working towards improvements everyday so maybe some of these problems will be gone in the future.

I hear what you're saying and I read the reviews also but I'm telling you this is the third day that I've used it; the channels change almost instantly and Bam, high definition with no lag 99% of the time.

I'm in love with this shit and just figured I would pass it on in case some other fucking caveman still living in the 1990s like myself didn't know about it.

You can't beat this shit for $20 a month, it's just like cable with all the movie channels and all the sports packages and supposably the pay-per-views but I haven't checked yet.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
It even has a menu guide just like cable where you can scan through different times and see what's coming on in 2 hours Etc and I believe there's a DVR feature, too.

AussieBear

20 bucks doesnt seem bad. but if im paying for a service, i dont want any kodi like hassles.

if you havent given kodi a go, check it out. i basically use an old android phone n tablet as kodi hubs for the tvs via chromecasts. but you can install that to certain tv boxes or even use a puter

kodi isnt hard to use once you figure a few things out. such as adding addons. im not even sure what the best addon are atm. the ones i added seem to have held up the past year, but some addons do come and go. i just remember adding the most popular ones at the time. i had more access to more live mainstream tv channels when using a vpn and setting up to specific countries but it killed the slow speeds i currently get and got too annoying.

i could still watch live channels from certain regions without a vpn.. i never had issues with usa, starz movies or even uk food network.. after i got bored from the novelty of exploring live channels from around the world.... i started checking out cctvs also from around the world to see what was on them. but now, i normally just go look for what i want to watch and watch it. theres no need for time guides when its generally out there to be streamed on demand. the only time i go looking for live stuff now is for sports.

AussieBear

just read a bunch of third party peeps are currently under attack from the man. what this will mean for the future of kodi addons? idk.. will have to start watching shit to see how me addons are working.. and what go arounds are needed

AussieBear

did see some dead links with my main addon exdous. some ppl are thinking its a url reslover issue...... there seems to be a go around fix fixing a url resolver update which stopped at 2.0 sumin with standard kodis updates???......4.0.10.0.0000000 sum sumin like that is actually the latest. the one i have from eldorado be 3.0 sumin sumin.. it may be why my shit be still working okay...i may fuck wiff kpodi tonight and find that update or wait til sum ova time.

there are other free set ups one can do but this isnt dead yet and i dont feel like spending hours setting up some other apk thats on fire and working 100% at the moment.. but i will probably set up a time in the next couple of weeks to have a back up ready to go or to transition to if kodi 3rd party addons peeps keep getting assaulted by da man.

AussieBear

on a side note, its still working aside from some dead links. idk the full issues that may or may not be present atm.

the boy is currently watching cars 3 for the 10th time???? he watched it in the movies the first time dough.. will own it on dvd to go wiff 1 and 2 too.. so free streaming doesnt stop me spending money on da cars

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear what you're saying and I read the reviews also but I'm telling you this is the third day that I've used it; the channels change almost instantly and Bam, high definition with no lag 99% of the time.

I'm in love with this shit and just figured I would pass it on in case some other fucking caveman still living in the 1990s like myself didn't know about it.

You can't beat this shit for $20 a month, it's just like cable with all the movie channels and all the sports packages and supposably the pay-per-views but I haven't checked yet.

Are you in the Chicago area? And if so, do you get Comcast Sports Net for Hawks/Bulls games?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you in the Chicago area? And if so, do you get Comcast Sports Net for Hawks/Bulls games?

I don't see it listed but it does have The NHL Network, WGN USA, and the Leafs Nation Network (Toronto Maple Leafs).

WGN is Chicago based and I think they may be airing the games this year.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, but missing even one game is unacceptable here. I have a 20+ year run going. Many years early on I had to drive from bar to bar to find it on. Then again. NHL Network and WGN games plus going to a sports bar (BWW) to watch CSN games might be worth it.
I just really like recording the games, watching them when ready and skipping the commercials. :shrug:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Check out Sling TV. They have a bunch of different packages that you can choose from for channels. I was an early adopter of it so I pay 25/month and I get NFL Network with it. Not sure how, but it's been a good run lol. No contract, you can cancel at anytime which I like for the summers. They had a deal going on when I signed up where it was if you prepay for 3 months, they send you a Roku. Going on 3+ years without a traditional cable package. I'll never go back.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cago is in southwest Fl. I use vue and sling. Sling seems to buffer more for me, but internet in mountains is iffy. Vue stream is awesome, but I would like to find something a tad cheaper.

AussieBear

fixed kodi.. under this new addon is a free iptv.. hahaha.. sheeeitt.. anyway.. kodi is still going juss fine n is now even mo free.. instead of paying nuffin.. you pay mo of nuffin.. i guess u do pay with your time.. so there is that.....ya need url resolver updated to 4.0 sumin to solve most of the dead links...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kodi setups are the way to go IMO.