Is Akiem Hicks having a Pro-Bowl year?

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
In 2016 Hicks finished with 7 sacks, 38 tackles and 18 asst.... which for a DE in a 3-4 scheme isn't bad.

This year he's already gotten 6 sacks in seven games. He's been consistently getting pressure on the QB and he must be accounted for by opposing offenses on every play. He is on pace to have double digit sacks.. which is excellent for a DE, even more so for a 3-4 DE.

If he continues on the pace he currently is this year... I would be shocked if he didn't make the pro-bowl.

Your thoughts.....

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
No doubt. Probably best 5 tech this year. How many TFL's?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If he were on a different team, he'd be in the DPOY conversation. Being a pro-bowler means very little these days

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt. Probably best 5 tech this year. How many TFL's?

DM130IhUQAAAYQT

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I seem to remember recalling a poster earlier in the week if I remember correctly, stating that Hicks is good, but not really 'special ' or a big difference maker and something to the extent that if he was on another team he would likely be a rotation player but i will never understand how someone could say this if they have actually watched him play this year because he is literally playing out of his mind with extreme aggression and making impact after impact on every single play, plus there are stats to literally back that all up, additionally, to reinforce the "smell-test" as well. Make a zero sense to not appreciate what Hicks has brought to the Bears D this season. I bet the Saints are feeling pretty ****ing stupid right now and will feel even more ****ing stupid after Sunday for letting this guy go!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In 2016 Hicks finished with 7 sacks, 38 tackles and 18 asst.... which for a DE in a 3-4 scheme isn't bad.

This year he's already gotten 6 sacks in seven games. He's been consistently getting pressure on the QB and he must be accounted for by opposing offenses on every play. He is on pace to have double digit sacks.. which is excellent for a DE, even more so for a 3-4 DE.

If he continues on the pace he currently is this year... I would be shocked if he didn't make the pro-bowl.

Your thoughts.....

It's not even a question for me. He's no doubt having a pro bowl type of year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PRo Bowl for sure. All-Pro possibly.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
since coaches and players vote for who goes to the pro-bowl, there's no doubt that they see what akiem hicks is doing to opponents. it's not all about statlines, but how other teams translate his play on film and how much work they have to do to gameplan against him.

i remember one of tommie harris' first seasons, he was a force. there was talk about him going to the pro bowl because he was just wrecking o-lines every game. reporter asked him about his chances and he said something along the lines of "with only 3 sacks? probably not." he made the pro bowl that year because the league just knew how dominant he was.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:

I stand corrected. I figured his TFL's would be way higher. Always seems to have contact in the backfield.

It's pretty tight considering 2 more TFL's jumps you 15 spots.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Ogbah has 13 tfl wtf why does this list have 3-4 DEs olbs 4-3 DEs

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
The last game they were saying if the Bears keep winning he's a dpoy candidate. Surely he's an all pro.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
No, he's having an All-Pro year which is the better indicator of how good a season a player has had. Pro Bowl means very little and should be scrapped.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
No, he's having an All-Pro year which is the better indicator of how good a season a player has had. Pro Bowl means very little and should be scrapped.
I don't enjoy the pro bowl game, but I like the recognition titles (or I used to). Problem with the pro-bowl acknowledgement is it has become skewed with the alternates to the point it's no longer representing any true substance.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pro Bowl for sure... I agree with some of the other posters that to date he's having an All-Pro year.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pro Bowl or I boycott the NFL like I'm a privileged white Republican.

Issues

Liked Posts:
I don't enjoy the pro bowl game, but I like the recognition titles (or I used to). Problem with the pro-bowl acknowledgement is it has become skewed with the alternates to the point it's no longer representing any true substance.

It's watered down for fear of injuries. Defenses don't blitz, no schemes, etc. It's a glorified scrimmage game, nothing more nothing less. But then again most pro leagues are these days which is why you routinely see high scoring affairs in both the NBA and NHL all star games as well.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
It's watered down for fear of injuries. Defenses don't blitz, no schemes, etc. It's a glorified scrimmage game, nothing more nothing less. But then again most pro leagues are these days which is why you routinely see high scoring affairs in both the NBA and NHL all star games as well.
Meant substance as in the Title of going to the Pro Bowl really means nothing anymore. Too many people get voted in from the fear of injury, playoffs, or just overall lack of interest from payers.

But you're correct. It's a watered down scrimmage game for the owners to make a little more money at the end of the season. Can't stand it.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
If he stays healthy and keeps playing like this then Pace can count his lucky stars he was able to get the contract done before the season started. I remember when he was a free agent before he signed with the Bears, they made it seem like he left Chicago without a contract and was heading to Detroit, but then they were able to get something done at the last second. Thank god.