Is anyone else a little mad today

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Bears beat the cheese out of the Packers,and next day the media talk is all about Rodgers

Bears beat the horns off the Vikings, and next day the media talk is all about Kirk Cousins

Is this gonna happen every time the Bears beat someone? For such a big market it doesn't seem like the media likes to linger too much talking about us

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I think that the Bears are getting tons of positive media attention and have been all year.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
No, I think that the Bears are getting tons of positive media attention and have been all year.

That is right. Not only are they getting tons of attention from the media, they are getting a lot of positive attention from football fans in general. I have heard nothing but positive things from my friends here and the celebrations of the defense lead by Eddie Jackson are getting a lot of accolades in my neck of the woods.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears have only been getting hate from Deion Sanders and Colin Cowherd, two brilliant minds. Both have predicted us to lose against the Eagles, and trashed Trubisky.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Bears beat the cheese out of the Packers,and next day the media talk is all about Rodgers

Bears beat the horns off the Vikings, and next day the media talk is all about Kirk Cousins

Is this gonna happen every time the Bears beat someone? For such a big market it doesn't seem like the media likes to linger too much talking about us

So long as the last thing that the media is talking about the day after the Super Bowl is that maybe Brady is too old as the Bears beat the snot out of him the night before, I would be ok with it.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Talking about the Bears humiliating the Vikings in a win or go home situation would be boring to everyone except Bears fans.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ignoring the hungry bear doesn’t make it go away.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Media doesn't like Trubisky. The defense has gotten tons of positive coverage, Nagy too for being creative, but Mitch they treat like every other Bear QB.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love how many people hate on Mitch. Not just the media, but my group of friends who aren't Bears fans do too. I'm assuming it's like that all over the country. I personally think this season was his floor. He's only going to get better from here.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick loves the Bears. He said they're winning the superbowl

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am off today, and have had NFL Network on while doing a little work, and so far I have seen/heard -

The media is talking up the Bears' D, discussing Matt Nagy and the great job he has done, discussing that Fangio could be a candidate for a HC position because of the job he has done.

I have no issue with how they have covered the Bears.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick loves the Bears. He said they're winning the superbowl

Woody and that idiot in the pink suit were laughing at him. They didn't take the Bears seriously. Mainly because of Mitch.

Think is, Louis has been right about a lot of things this year. He predicted Mahomes to be the best QB in the NFL before the season started. He isn't saying Trubisky is going to be great in the playoffs. He is saying that the D is so dominant that he doesn't have to be.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Woody and that idiot in the pink suit were laughing at him. They didn't take the Bears seriously. Mainly because of Mitch.

Think is, Louis has been right about a lot of things this year. He predicted Mahomes to be the best QB in the NFL before the season started. He isn't saying Trubisky is going to be great in the playoffs. He is saying that the D is so dominant that he doesn't have to be.

Yeah, they were laughing at him like it's sooooo out of the realm of possibility. Like Trubisky has been a joke, which is not the case. I don't get where this narrative is coming from? Is it just a stigma to hate Bears QBs?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah, they were laughing at him like it's sooooo out of the realm of possibility. Like Trubisky has been a joke, which is not the case. I don't get where this narrative is coming from? Is it just a stigma to hate Bears QBs?

I know a few people that are not Bears fans that think he is lucky. Put in the right situation and will eek out plays with his feet instead of his arm. They have nothing against him personally, just think it won't continue. Shrugs.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:

He's got to be "good" though, like yesterdays game good. All this talk about how great the defense is overlooks the point that if we didn't have a credible offense we wouldn't be able to win these close ones or close teams like the Vikings out. We'd have played alot more one score, coin flip, type games with our QB play of old. So yeah the D is fantastic, but the O isn't bad either, and I think it's taking these talking heads a long while to realize that.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I know a few people that are not Bears fans that think he is lucky. Put in the right situation and will eek out plays with his feet instead of his arm. They have nothing against him personally, just think it won't continue. Shrugs.

That's what I'm noticing too, any good thing that happens on offense is credited to Nagy. Very little or none to our QB.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I love how many people hate on Mitch. Not just the media, but my group of friends who aren't Bears fans do too. I'm assuming it's like that all over the country. I personally think this season was his floor. He's only going to get better from here.

You are right about him only getting better. Pace knew he had the least NCAA experience compared to other drafted QBs. What Mitch has are valuable, not teachable intangibles and superior athletic ability. He will prove to be a very accurate passer. Mitch is part of something special in the team. They are a close knit group and that will help them in the tough games ahead. I like their chances going forward. It makes little difference who they play. They are FOR REAL.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He's got to be "good" though, like yesterdays game good. All this talk about how great the defense is overlooks the point that if we didn't have a credible offense we wouldn't be able to win these close ones or close teams like the Vikings out. We'd have played alot more one score, coin flip, type games with our QB play of old. So yeah the D is fantastic, but the O isn't bad either, and I think it's taking these talking heads a long while to realize that.

Our offense is what I would call a complementary component to our overall makeup which is winning by dominating on defense. So we need to have competent play from the offense with limited turnovers, ball control and timely scoring.

Suave Craig Conroy

Liked Posts:

Snowflake.

Its Black Monday and you want Bears coverage after they had clinched the NFC North weeks ago?