Is cheesecake a pie or a cake?

Is Cheesecake a pie or a cake?

• Total voters

HawkBear

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Iowa Hawkeyes
I can’t believe I have to sign in for this shit. Why are you idiots arguing over cheesecake? It’s fucking delicious, end of fucking argument

Obviously another unintended consequence of these fucking bullshit house arrest “orders”...
We don’t need this kind of negativity. It is delicious tho

Jamais Vu

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Staff member
Donator
Structurally speaking cheesecake is not cake, but because it is not topped with a pastry it is also not a pie.

Cheesecake is a tart.

/thread

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
There is nothing more 'Merican than "Cheesepie." Our fatasses would eat that shit up. Mmmm. It's a pie, btw.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
But it's not CAKE therefore NOT cake
It certainly identifies as a cake by name at least.

The funny thing about cheesecake is as a child I was absolutely ANTI cheesecake, because I hadn't ever had it and the name fully freaked me out like eating chili on a Cinny roll status.

So I was into my late teens before I ever even tried it. It is legit.

HawkBear

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
It certainly identifies as a cake by name at least.

The funny thing about cheesecake is as a child I was absolutely ANTI cheesecake, because I hadn't ever had it and the name fully freaked me out like eating chili on a Cinny roll status.

So I was into my late teens before I ever even tried it. It is legit.
Imagine being traumatized as a child by a cheesepie lmao

HawkBear

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
There is nothing more 'Merican than "Cheesepie." Our fatasses would eat that shit up. Mmmm. It's a pie, btw.
It's kinda crazy because it isn't a cake and there isn't any cheese on it. Whoever named the cheesecake/pie is a legendary troll

Granada

I'd say it's more like pie.

And I prefer pie over cake -- except if it has cheese on it. Some people (midwest thing?) melt a slice of cheddar cheese on apple pie -- that just sounds fucking disgusting to me; and also, that's how Ed Gein used to eat it, which is another reason not to like it I guess...

HawkBear

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
And I prefer pie over cake -- except if it has cheese on it. Some people (midwest thing?) melt a slice of cheddar cheese on apple pie -- that just sounds fucking disgusting to me; and also, that's how Ed Gein used to eat it, which is another reason not to like it I guess...
I've lived in the midwest for 30 years and I have never seen anyone do that or even suggest doing that.

Granada

I've lived in the midwest for 30 years and I have never seen anyone do that or even suggest doing that.
Well, it is a thing, I promise you. Think it's big in Wisconsin, for obvious reasons.

Also, I think Travis Bickle orders it in Taxi Driver :)

HawkBear

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
Well, it is a thing, I promise you. Think it's big in Wisconsin, for obvious reasons.

Also, I think Travis Bickle orders it in Taxi Driver :)
You are correct. I looked it up after I read your post and was absolutely disgusted.

This combo is so fucking strange, but I'm going to have to try it.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
You are correct. I looked it up after I read your post and was absolutely disgusted.

This combo is so fucking strange, but I'm going to have to try it.
It's sounds as strange as cinnamon rolls with chili, but even a slice of apple with a slice of cheddar goes well.

Leomaz

Anti-Sportshoopla
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
oh fuck, cream cheese? lol it'd probably help if i knew how to make one of these things. I'm not a baker
Also, I have lived in the Midwest for 54 out of my 56 years and have never seen a person put cheese on an apple ple. Must be a regional thing