Is cheesecake a pie or a cake?

Is Cheesecake a pie or a cake?

• Total voters

HawkBear

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Iowa Hawkeyes
Also, I have lived in the Midwest for 54 out of my 56 years and have never seen a person put cheese on an apple ple. Must be a regional thing
Seems like a complete wisconsin thing to do and everyone else in the midwest just thinks its weird.

I am going to try it tho lol.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
I have lived in the Midwest for 54 years and know people who put cheddar cheese on apple pie. I once judged a county fair pie contest and one of the entrants put cheese on their pie. Dated a girl whose mom did it, too. I am not a fan, why fuck up a perfectly good piece of apple pie?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
oh fuck, cream cheese? lol it'd probably help if i knew how to make one of these things. I'm not a baker
ROFL you started an entire thread about the non-binary definition of something without even being reasonably aware of the major ingredients in it.... Awesome.

I think we should define it as CHEESE. because why the hell not.

HawkBear

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Iowa Hawkeyes
ROFL you started an entire thread about the non-binary definition of something without even being reasonably aware of the major ingredients in it.... Awesome.

I think we should define it as CHEESE. because why the hell not.
yeah, ok but how fucking weird is it to call something a cake when it has cheese in it?!

Also, I asked my mom about the apple pie thing last night. Apparently my grandpa does it and won't eat apple pie without a slice of cheese. I had no idea

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
yeah, ok but how fucking weird is it to call something a cake when it has cheese in it?!

Also, I asked my mom about the apple pie thing last night. Apparently my grandpa does it and won't eat apple pie without a slice of cheese. I had no idea
That is why we call is cheese.... and not cake...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Seems like a complete wisconsin thing to do and everyone else in the midwest just thinks its weird.

I am going to try it tho lol.
It is somewhat of a tradition in IL also. To add to the slice of cheese on the apple pie some have also added just having a piece of cheese along with pieces of a sliced apple.