Is Daniel Jones better then Fields cuz he has 204 passing yards, no TDs vs Dallas?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Their offense is bad. Brian Daboll is not a miracle worker and he seems like kind of a spaz.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I like Daboll. I think he's a good coach but also he's hilarious to watch on the sidelines when he gets mad. There's just something incredibly funny about a mad fat man.
Yeah he's solid. He's hilarious on the the sideline, looks like a crazy guy rambling to himself, like a guy you cross the street to avoid.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Their offense is bad. Brian Daboll is not a miracle worker and he seems like kind of a spaz.

Yeah remember earlier in season when some Bears fans were pining for Daboll?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yeah remember earlier in season when some Bears fans were pining for Daboll?
Good example of how the head coach is really what matter as well, not the OC. Daboll left the Bills and they don't seem any worse for wear with him leaving. Might have more to do with the QB and the talent around him, eh?

Liked Posts:
Good example of how the head coach is really what matter as well, not the OC. Daboll left the Bills and they don't seem any worse for wear with him leaving. Might have more to do with the QB and the talent around him, eh?
The irony in your statement is that Daboll became a HC for a team with a bad QB and now they’re winning….

Bust

Liked Posts:
It's a long season and the Giants have lost 3 of 4. They may lose another 3 games in 4 again . . . when it's all said and done, duh Giants (despite the fast start) may become a borderline last spot wild card team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The irony in your statement is that Daboll became a HC for a team with a bad QB and now they’re winning….

Yes because they have a good D and good run game. He is 2018 Matt Nagy right now. Winning due the the side of the ball he isn't responsible for and because he is doing some things that teams aren't prepared for because it is new. The proof will be whether he can sustain it and get his side of the ball sorted out as currently despite the horrific start the Bears O is outscoring the Giants.

Liked Posts:
Yes because they have a good D and good run game. He is 2018 Matt Nagy right now. Winning due the the side of the ball he isn't responsible for and because he is doing some things that teams aren't prepared for because it is new. The proof will be whether he can sustain it and get his side of the ball sorted out as currently despite the horrific start the Bears O is outscoring the Giants.
Good run game….I believe that’s part of the O.

Daboll has achieved more as an O coordinator than Nagy ever has as a HC.

I don’t think the Giants are anything special, but he’s been a breath of fresh air for them and their roster isn’t anything special, especially offensively.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
So did Nagy. Daboll is fine, but I was only referring to how people say that we needed and offensive head coach because our OCs will get hired away for head coaching gigs. If they do, that means the offense is performing, which is a good thing. Notice how no one hired away our OCs to be HC when Nagy was the head coach, for example. McDermott is a defensive guy and the Bills offense is still humming after losing their OC this last year.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Daboll was there for several years. So, it was not a revolving door at OC while they developed Josh Allen. I think that is huge. And a follow on to that is they promoted from within to take over the OC spot. So, it was likely not a whole new offense, new terminology, or philosophy. Again, imo, that is very important to their continued success.

IMO, and I said it before Eberflus was hired, if you hire a defensive minded HC, then they need a succession plan at OC if/when they start winning and teams hire away your OC. So, I am curious if they are grooming anyone on the offensive staff with that in mind where they could take over if/when Getsy leaves? Does Eberflus have connections to other people in the Shanahan/McVay tree if he has to outside the organization? There will always be tweaks to the systems over time, but wholesale changes of the philosophy for the running game, route concepts and terminology is what they need to avoid.

Liked Posts:
So did Nagy. Daboll is fine, but I was only referring to how people say that we needed and offensive head coach because our OCs will get hired away for head coaching gigs. If they do, that means the offense is performing, which is a good thing. Notice how no one hired away our OCs to be HC when Nagy was the head coach, for example. McDermott is a defensive guy and the Bills offense is still humming after losing their OC this last year.
I think where the credit Daboll gets isn’t with where he left the offense but where he got it to be. You’re skipping the start and going straight to the end where he left an established offense but started with scratch to help build it.

I don’t care about a coach being an OC or a DC as long as they know how to run a team, hire smart people and let them work…Nagy sucked at all of that.