Is David Montgomery a “Top 10” RB?

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think the other question is: Will Montgomery earn a 2nd contract with the Bears? He hasn't done enough, likely will never do enough to get a big contract, but would the Bears want him for say a couple of million/year?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He’s better than I gave him credit for early in his career. Nothing against him, but he is a RB. They don’t have to pay him. Herbert and somebody can replace him. Then in a few years somebody will replace Herbert.

I guess there is some sweet spot where a contract makes sense. It probably shouldn’t happen . It’s possible though.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also No. Serviceable, fine, a bit more than adequate, can get the job done. But he is far from a problem.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Nah- He's just one of those typical overvalued(by their own fanbase) players on a bad team. I'd be willing to bet a lot of non Bears fans are just learning who he is.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He might as well be, but im of the opinion that there are 2-3 elite RBs and then a huge pool of "good" RBs and the difference between lets say the 6th ranked RB and the 15th RB is negligible.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Todays NFL puts an emphasis on rb’s or running games that get chunk runs and Montgomery doesn’t fit this mold!

It’s too difficult to sustain drives running the football and thus are better off with a guy that can scare a defense with speed or threat of long runs.

No defenses have to really game plan for Montgomery.

He’s not a bad player by any means but not the back I would pay for.

Herbert is a much better fit for this team and their new blocking scheme. Montgomery will struggle in comparison on being able to cut back against the grain and beat anyone for long runs due to lack of speed.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
He’s a back for a team like Tampa bay that usually builds big leads and then can bully teams late in games