Is Fields improving/growing.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
New Offense to master and bad talent surrounding him aside, do you see the QB improving ? Simple question.
For the record i have been in love with the talent but also know talent alone does not make for a great QB. I have been in wait and see mode. Been burned to many times here.

So do you see the growth in Fields?
Me... I do.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The last 2 weeks he's been doing great.

If the Bears win today and sit at 4-5 they are right in the thick of it for a playoff birth. NFC is wide open. Still a ton of games left to play!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I like what I see the last few weeks. I would however like to see better tackling when he goes in on defense.

I hope having Mapletron out there puts Mooney in better positions too.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Amazing how he just started showing improvement when the Bears finally started using his legs more...

I am really interested in seeing how he plays the rest of the year now with another weapon. Throwing for 150 ypg is not going to cut it anymore. He needs to be around that 200 yards per game number before the end of the year to make me feel comfortable heading into next season.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Absolutely he is. I'm encouraged with where he's at right now and I expect further growth over the course of the last half of the season. I think it'll be 2-3 weeks before we see Claypool's true impact once he's gotten a chance to learn the playbook.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fields isnt changing or improving. Fields has been Fields since day 1.. the ones growing r the people watching him.. some ppls r just slow, blind or racist. ..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getsy has been nothing short of brilliant since the mini bye. Fields is looking better each week.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Amazing how he just started showing improvement when the Bears finally started using his legs more...

I am really interested in seeing how he plays the rest of the year now with another weapon. Throwing for 150 ypg is not going to cut it anymore. He needs to be around that 200 yards per game number before the end of the year to make me feel comfortable heading into next season.
Why would you put an arbitrary number on it when the Bears have gone to a run heavy scheme? In that system I think you have to look at his total yards. Also, the addition of Claypool with his ability to get open deep should help in the passing game, but that may take some time for him to get up to speed.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he, and the offense, has improved and he probably will be better next year.

having said that though, and people may hate on me on saying this, but i'm just not content with having a somewhat decent qb. I mean, how far can he actually improve here? He might hit over 200 yards a game? I want a brady, a rodgers, a mahomes, a manning, etc etc. This franchise hasn't even had a 4k passer in its entire history in a league where ppl are throwing for 5k.

i expect fields to continue to improve and have his best season yet next year and i am hard rooting for him, but like, forgive me for wanting something more special i guess.