Is Fields The Most Athletic QB

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
It seems with the exception of Burrows all the current top QB's are top athletes and can
scramble and make plays with their legs, I think the days of a strictly pocket passer are dead
because of the extra dimension and stress it creates.
Having said all that, I think Fields is the most athletic of the bunch ( Mahomes, Allen, Hurts,
Tua, Herbert & Lawrence). Agree / disagree?
I think he's the most athletic all around since RGIII.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What metric are you using to define athleticism?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Remember Lamar Jackson?

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Out of the bunch you mentioned? I'm throwing in Lamar.
Fastest? Him or Jackson.
Elusive? Him or Jackson.
Strongest? Allen
Arm talent? Allen or Mahomes, then probably Herbert.

All around? Fields leaves little to be desired from a talent perspective. Only thing he's lacking is a better team around him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Out of the bunch you mentioned? I'm throwing in Lamar.
Fastest? Him or Jackson.
Elusive? Him or Jackson.
Strongest? Allen
Arm talent? Allen or Mahomes, then probably Herbert.

All around? Fields leaves little to be desired from a talent perspective. Only thing he's lacking is a better team around him.
Strongest is prob hurts

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems with the exception of Burrows all the current top QB's are top athletes and can
scramble and make plays with their legs, I think the days of a strictly pocket passer are dead
Having said all that, I think Fields is the most athletic of the bunch ( Mahomes, Allen, Hurts,
Burrow isnt a speed burner but he is extremely athletic and can tuck it and run

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think he's the biggest QB in the "hyper-athletic" tier that I put Jackson, Murray, Hurts, Vick, RG3, Wilson in with him. I also dont believe Lamar Jacksons listed weight for a damn second. I concede this is extremely subjective but im biased, so what.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say yes but part of it is because he is younger than Mahomes primarily. People might not remember what an amazing athlete Mahomes when he first came up. He was all state in football, baseball, and basketball in high school. He's have been a number one baseball draft pick if he went that way as a pitcher. Now, as in all great athletes, he is getting older and has absorbed the many blows that these guys take. Fields eventually will be the same.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think it's too early to call pocket passers dead. The media has been trying to will it into existence for over 20 years.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the league has had its trends with wildcat, pistol offense, recently RB1. you just keep using it until defenses adapt. as an offense you do what works best to score points, that's literally what they're paid to do.

the Bears offense is extremely one dimensional and defenses are still struggling to stop it. I watch other quarterbacks and try hard to will them to run with it like Fields and they don't do it. LOL they also have legitimate lines and receivers, it's apples and oranges. I enjoy watching Fields play and that's what matters... even when they lose games.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don’t think Tua belongs anywhere near that group. Jackson and Fields are the most athletic. Right behind them are Allen and Hurts.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'd say yes but part of it is because he is younger than Mahomes primarily. People might not remember what an amazing athlete Mahomes when he first came up. He was all state in football, baseball, and basketball in high school. He's have been a number one baseball draft pick if he went that way as a pitcher. Now, as in all great athletes, he is getting older and has absorbed the many blows that these guys take. Fields eventually will be the same.
Mahomes has developed quite a nice little gut on him unless that's a new type rib protector.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Tua belongs anywhere near that group. Jackson and Fields are the most athletic. Right behind them are Allen and Hurts.
I agree, I threw Tua in at the last minute before he tailed off the last couple of games and a lot of his success is all the weapons he has.