Is game against Vikings a MUST WIN?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No. Because I could pretty easily see a scenario where the Bears lose to the Vikings, but then beat the Breesless Saints and Raiders heading into the meat of the season at 4-2.

It’s not ideal. Getting out of this anemic offensive early season 3-1, with a chance to potentially go 4-1 or 5-1, would be * a hell* of an accomplishment

It’s true that the schedule gets really tough then, and the Bears are already playing with fire as it relates to their season. But we saw last year shitty losses to the Dolphins and Giants not be “must wins”.

As it relates to the division, it depends what the Packers and Lions do. Lions play the Chiefs. Packers play the Eagles. If they both win AND you lose to the Vikings, you’re putting yourself in an awfully deep hole for the division.

But a “must win”? Nah, not yet. I suppose if someone said this is a short season; they’re all must wins, I couldn’t disagree with them much, though.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As it would be a second home loss to a division team it is a cliched must win. In reality, a loss would leave them with the possibility of only being 14-2 so no , it is not a actual must win.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No. Because I could pretty easily see a scenario where the Bears lose to the Vikings, but then beat the Breesless Saints and Raiders heading into the meat of the season at 4-2.

It’s not ideal. Getting out of this anemic offensive early season 3-1, with a chance to potentially go 4-1 or 5-1, would be * a hell* of an accomplishment

It’s true that the schedule gets really tough then, and the Bears are already playing with fire as it relates to their season. But we saw last year shitty losses to the Dolphins and Giants not be “must wins”.

As it relates to the division, it depends what the Packers and Lions do. Lions play the Chiefs. Packers play the Eagles. If they both win AND you lose to the Vikings, you’re putting yourself in an awfully deep hole for the division.

But a “must win”? Nah, not yet. I suppose if someone said this is a short season; they’re all must wins, I couldn’t disagree with them much, though.

Where does the schedule get really tough?

However, I think it’s a huge game. Win it and go to London and take care of business and they will be in a great spot going into the bye.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I think this is a huge stretch for the date of the season. I believe that we need to win and continue the streak so that we can get enough early wins to help buffer the schedule. Optimally we win next three or four and beat Detroit twice and Green Bay one last time with a split with Vikings. That is our best hope.

It doesn’t look good as the schedule is absolutely brutal going forward.

Let’s hope we win the next three straight and even if we do, we need help against our division rivals.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
This game is a must win for sure, and no must win doesn't only mean season ending game.

1. We don't have a home win, so if we lose we are 0 and 2 at home.

2. We don't have a division win, so if we lose we are 0 and 2 within the division.

3. We haven't beaten a team yet that has won a game.

4. If we lose, we will be firmly at the bottom of the division behind the Packers and Vikings, losing to both at home as well.

We cannot lose this game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game is a must win for sure, and no must win doesn't only mean season ending game.

1. We don't have a home win, so if we lose we are 0 and 2 at home.

2. We don't have a division win, so if we lose we are 0 and 2 within the division.

3. We haven't beaten a team yet that has won a game.

4. If we lose, we will be firmly at the bottom of the division behind the Packers and Vikings, losing to both at home as well.

We cannot lose this game.

That is precisely where must win comes from...you must win or you are done...

people have hijacked must win.........

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Redskins game was a must win because you do not want to go to 0-2 in the conference. The Vikings game is not a must win but a very important game (Bears usually play well against the Vikings at home). The Bears can be tied for first place with a win next week and make it easier on themselves the rest of the way, depending on what the Packers do against the Eagles on Thursday. Road teams do not usually do well on Thursday night games and the Eagles are depleted on offense right now so it will be a hard game for them to win.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
That is precisely where must win comes from...you must win or you are done...

people have hijacked must win.........
Not buying it. Obvuously, you must win if you are facing elimination, but must win overall simply means a game you must win to avoid putting yourself in deep shit that will be difficult to overcome. If the Bears want to win this division they must win Sunday, or they'll be 0 and 2 in the division with both losses being at home.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The Redskins game was a must win because you do not want to go to 0-2 in the conference. The Vikings game is not a must win but a very important game (Bears usually play well against the Vikings at home). The Bears can be tied for first place with a win next week and make it easier on themselves the rest of the way, depending on what the Packers do against the Eagles on Thursday. Road teams do not usually do well on Thursday night games and the Eagles are depleted on offense right now so it will be a hard game for them to win.
So you don't want to go 0 and 2 in conference but going 0 and 2 in your division losing two home games is okay?

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We dominated this team twice last year there going to be out for blood bears got to come out and show them hey we still got your number guys

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Lots of semantics here, but I will tepidly throw my hat in the "must win".

Hear me out though. I think to be a contender, it is "must win". This goes beyond just seen as a contender, but to actually BE a contender. And that means we have to get into a zone where they are rolling along. The Vikings are good on D. And Dalvin Cook looks like he is back BUT the Vikings have not figured out how to use the new running game to take more pressure off Kirk yet and elevate their offensive production. They probably won't figure that out against the CHI front 7 either. Contenders take ADVANTAGE of issues like that.

Now if one sees this team as playoff-worthy albeit "wild-cardish" then no it's not "must win". No game really is nor will be until the math holds up as to whether or not we can get in to lock at least number 6 in the conference.

This D is potentially contender level. This O can be consistent enough to at least be complementary as a contending piece.

It has to start early and now before the big injuries (knock on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder and skinning black cats).

Therefore, a "must win" in that context of the term jmo.