Is George Really That Tone Deaf?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I've been a Bears fan for 50+ years and never remember this much angst, anger and all the media rumors etc.
There's always speculation around openings and names mentioned etc. but never has it been this vocal and angry
for this long a period of time, it's been bad in the media and with the fans for months. National joke!
My question is do you really think George feels he can once again get away with some minor cosmetic changes?
Firing people is never fun or easy but is sometimes necessary, do you think he has the fortitude to do it this time?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think the Trestman era was worse. But yeah it's bad.

I don't believe anything until it happens. If the Bears are going to live up to the rumor of a total house cleaning, they need to fire Pace.

And I gotta see McDaniels or Pederson at coach. Harbaugh isn't going to cut it.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been a Bears fan for 50+ years and never remember this much angst, anger and all the media rumors etc.
There's always speculation around openings and names mentioned etc. but never has it been this vocal and angry
for this long a period of time, it's been bad in the media and with the fans for months. National joke!
My question is do you really think George feels he can once again get away with some minor cosmetic changes?
Firing people is never fun or easy but is sometimes necessary, do you think he has the fortitude to do it this time?

There's some conflicting reports out there so how about we wait for something to actually happen on Monday before we jump to this?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What makes you think there will be only cosmetic changes? Virtually every news source is guaranteeing Nagy will be lay go, at minimum. Firing the HC isn’t a small change!

mecha

Liked Posts:
There's some conflicting reports out there so how about we wait for something to actually happen on Monday before we jump to this?
the Chicago Bears are like the textbook definition of insanity. I don't think it's illogical in any way to jump to what's been the same conclusion since George Halas died and the McCaskeys took over.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He is completely tone deaf because if he had any type of pulse he would realize the cheapest move that would make the most impact is to give Harbaugh that $10m/yr contract. Instead he doesn’t want to bid lol.

The truth is they can’t handle a real leader in that building so you be assured it will be more of the same just a different name.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
the Chicago Bears are like the textbook definition of insanity. I don't think it's illogical in any way to jump to what's been the same conclusion since George Halas died and the McCaskeys took over.
It was not much better under Halas. Ask Doug Buffone:

“This is very, very hard for me to say — that the Chicago Bears are losers,” Buffone said. “Their organization is a loser.”

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
are you REALLY asking someone to wait for news with a straight face after you start a thread about every speculative tweet you read or burp you hear on the Score?

God, I hate you and your hypocrisy, and your tendency to snitch to the mods whenever you feel verbally threatened, and that you work for the ComCast help desk, and your backtits

mecha

Liked Posts:
It was not much better under Halas. Ask Doug Buffone:

“This is very, very hard for me to say — that the Chicago Bears are losers,” Buffone said. “Their organization is a loser.”
Halas threw nickels like manhole covers mirite

after 1963 the magic was gone. given away to Lombardi winning Super Bowls against inferior AFL teams. we think the Bears have been bad the last 30 years, the 70s period scares the shit out of me to even think about.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
are you REALLY asking someone to wait for news with a straight face after you start a thread about every speculative tweet you read or burp you hear on the Score?

God, I hate you and your hypocrisy, and your tendency to snitch to the mods whenever you feel verbally threatened, and that you work for the ComCast help desk, and your backtits

Need a fucking Kleenex?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I am very concerned that George is "that tone dead" and doesn't make the right changes. My fears started last year at Teddy and George's conference call with the media. I had no idea how on earth they could possibly be saying the things they were saying and how they were committed to Pace and Nagy. The "6 game losing streak being one of the highlights of the season" that sold Pace/Nagy on them was completely ridiculous and somehow, these two who live and breath this franchise couldn't see what all the fans and reporters could see. Even scarier was that neither of them seemed prepared for the reaction from fans and reporters at how "tone dead" their statements came across as the questions and outrage came down on them. If it wasn't for the landing of Justin Fields, last offseason likely would've been the most brutal in my many years as a Bears fan and I can't imagine Teddy and Georgie could handle the "laughing stock" they would've looked like. I suspect George is just "that bad" at doing his job and we are in for another big disappointment as he tries to convince us that moving the chairs around on the deck of the titanic with a Pace move and a new underwhelming GM/Coach is all we need to be competitive.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I bet you are, since you pretend to ignore me but have read everything I have written for 16 years
So weird how he pretends to ignore everyone yet always comments on what they're saying and occasionally responds. Fat loser.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Having watched Bears ownership for many years now there are only two conclusions you can really come to;

1. Ownership is completely tone deaf and blind to the realities on the ground and how poorly run the organization is
2. Ownership is aware of all of the problems the organization has and just doesn't care because they continue to make a lot of money

Obviously, neither conclusion is desirable. I don't buy the argument that ownership is inept and incapable of fixing the problems. If you REALLY wanted to fix the 30+ year problem you'd spend the money and find the people and be relentless and exhaustive as an organization to fix the damn problem. I never get the feeling the Bears are doing that. We've been a doormat to our arch rival, The Packers, for the past 30 years or so. That in of itself should be an enormous embarrassment to ownership. They don't seem bothered by it at all.

I can't help but think that the Chicago Bears are one of the most underachieving sports organizations in the country. It's a giant market, it's a football city, the fans are passionate and engaged, the organization does have a proud history even though it's now borderline ancient history. The fans have always deserved better than what we've been given from the McCaskey's.

Last edited: