Is it all Mitch’s fault?

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I'm just very confused as to why and how w/out Nagy's input near the end of every game Mitch goes in there and takes us down field w/out even looking Nagy's direction, from what I remember.
Yet he can't read D's and can't run or hit players in stride.
So ,,,I guess every team we play just says garbage time let him do what he wants,even if they lose by letting him do what he wants?!?!?!?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Nagy needs to have Cyclops Mitch rolling out far more than he is doing right now. Trubisky has vision problems from the pocket, does not see the entire field, is a 1 read QB and he is scared of the rush so he will likely never be a good pocket passer. But Nagy can play to his strengths by rolling him out. Rolling him out means he will only have to see half of the field and he will be running away from the rush... all things that will help him... and its no coincidence that his biggest play this past Sunday (the pass to Gabriel) was on a roll-out.

Mitch is a severely limited QB. Nagy needs to adjust to his limitations and play to his strengths. Cyclops Mitch can have some success by rolling him out.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
90 % Mitch and 10 % Pace. Too many times Mitch has no idea what is going on. Wrong reads and bad throws. Guys are open. Nagy’s scheme is fine. Mitch just can’t execute. There should be some big plays there, but you have to have a QB that can make quick decisions. Mitch can’t.
Pace for going all in on Mack before Trubisky had proven himself will send the Bears right back into a full rebuild due to lack of draft capital.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
90% - Pace - Created this entire disaster. All he had to do was stay at #3 and make the obvious pick of Watson. But no.
10% - Nagy - Limited by his roster but is his own worst enemy. His scheme has been exposed and he's far too married to it. His situational play calling is brain dead topped only by his baffling personnel decisions.
5% - Trubisky - Not his fault Pace bid against himself and traded up like a dummy to overdraft him by 3 rounds. The sporadic accuracy, sloppy mechanics, and poor decision making however are entirely his fault.

Should be an easy offseason for Pace. There's no way Trubisky has earned any sort of extension. Barring a miracle turn around down the stretch here that won't happen he's done in Chicago. He can "battle it out" with whoever they bring in next year and be the backup.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People who are leaning more to the o-line and coaching being the problem...

Should we give Mitch Trubisky an extension or 2nd contract?

Watch how many avoid answering this yes or no....but that's the right question. Everything else is spewing bullshit if you're not willing to say with any conviction that he should be extended. What's the point otherwise? Why keep trying to be contrarian and arguing whose fault it is when you wouldn't go on record as to resigning him or not?
I say resign him if Nagy is fired, if Nagy stays on, get someone else in here that can run his garbage system better.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace - Wrong QB
Nagy - Refusing to fix Mitch
Mitch - Refusing to be great, hell, or at least decent.
O-line and TE's - not knowing wtf to do.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
You (all) are ingant. Watch Boi ball with Lion poon. And y’all can suck Mitch’s wang dang.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, and the TV.
It's the TV's fault, too.
it's the football's fault for over flying the deep receivers, and for sometimes being lazy and dropping before the football reaches the receiver, the freaking football sometimes gets scared and stays with Mitch for protection, but when it gets really scared, it try's to run away from even Mitch.
That football needs to go!

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is offensive HC and his system is beyond bad its illegitimate. Opposing D’s will keep same game plan until Nagy adjusts

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy is offensive HC and his system is beyond bad its illegitimate. Opposing D’s will keep same game plan until Nagy adjusts

This is not Nagy's offense.

This is the offense they can run with a QB who is in full meltdown mode.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looks worse every week but so does everyone. Just don’t see how one player causes this level of melt down. There were times in the eagles game were the o-line could Not have known there blocking assignments why would that be?

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Message board posters wrote mean things about Mitch- it's their fault

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is bad so a big part of the problem is him. Gotta blame Pace for the fleecing. I think you have to say Nagy has been a disappointment. The Defense, too, has been less than what most of us expected, whether you want to say that's been largely due to Hicks being out or maybe Pagano just sucks as DC.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
IMHO, Nagy is the bigger culprit

a strong case can be made for this. I always thought trubisky was bad but I never thought he was worse than bears qbs of the past. It’s just a group effort producing this shit show

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
a strong case can be made for this. I always thought trubisky was bad but I never thought he was worse than bears qbs of the past. It’s just a group effort producing this shit show

Dont ya just love Nagy's typical sequence

1st down... Cohen up the middle for 1 yard
2nd down..INC pass or a 1 yard loss on a completion in a WR screen
3 rd down...Cohen runs E-W and gets 1 yard

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There 32 HC gigs
The bears have some how managed to find one that’s system can not preform At basic professional level. They have accomplished this twice in 3 attempts

Trestman. Fraud.
fox. Bad. But basic functionality
Club dub. Fraud