Is it appropriate to call grown *** men who play professional NFL football "kids?"

Calling grown men who play football professionally (or are prospects and over the age of 18) "kids"

• Total voters

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck you are stupid. I raised my kids. You spend your time on a mb.

I have been over to @HeHateMe 's multiple times since 2016. Even during Bears games he's helping his kids do homework and build legos. Obviously also cooking delicious food for them and his wife (and me).

So idk wtf you're on about you piece of garbage.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Come over 4 bbq this month. I'll do ribs the traditional way and the 30 minute way n u can pick the winner

My money is on the 30 minute method.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have been over to @HeHateMe 's multiple times since 2016. Even during Bears games he's helping his kids do homework and build legos. Obviously also cooking delicious food for them and his wife (and me).

So idk wtf you're on about you piece of garbage.

Sounds like a Great guy

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't think it's a big deal, but I've always thought it was strange to call a man "kid" when they're over 18. Even 16 year olds are "young men."
Over the years, I've heard people refer to 25 year old football players as "kid" because "I'm older than him."

Of course it's subjective, but it wouldn't be common courtesy to call a grown man "kid," just like it's not polite to call elders "old man." (If it's not your dad, then don't say that...it's not endearing, it's rude.) I've seen strangers call elders "old man."
I get your point, a young man or young women can join the service at a very young age and give their life for their country, and I would never refer to them as a kid.

I think the only reason someone would be comfortable referring to a young adult as a kid is if they are talking about how young a man can be in the NFL and be done with his career. In the NFL a young man that is 30 years old is hitting his ceiling, and unless he is an acceptation to the rule, he is done in the NFL, but he is hopefully just a "kid" in life and has a long time to go before he is considered "old".

Not sure I would refer to a NFL player as a kid, but it really has nothing to do with his size, or his accomplishments, but more about what stage of his life he is in, and most NFL players are young when they "retire".

Another way of looking at it is if someone one passes away at 25 years old, I have heard it said " he was just a kid, he had his whole life in front of him" and I don't think it was intended to be disrespectful.