Is it time for the Chicago Cubs to call up Caleb Kilian?

dannymac1219

Liked Posts:
Do you guys think it is time to promote pitching prospect Caleb Kilian for the Cubs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I don't see why not. Big League experience early, will pay off in the long run.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Na, let him stay down and stretch out with no pressure. Pitch a little bit more to contact for pitch count purposes and fine tune. He will be up no later than July anyway because no way we dont trade a Miley or a Smiley

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would have to lean towards no at the moment. Cubs have a slew of potential trade chips and Kilian is not going to fix this team.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After, hopefully, a purge at the deadline.....bring him up then to finish out the year while getting used to being a ML player. This team is a clusterfuck and he is only the beginning of the changes that are coming.

LOL....we all hope it's coming.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I imagine he'll come up in july. Teams have to consider super two status with stuff like this. A month of pitching in the majors isn't worth another round of arbitration.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I imagine he'll come up in july. Teams have to consider super two status with stuff like this. A month of pitching in the majors isn't worth another round of arbitration.
Lol the players didn't get the service time issue addressed in the new CBA? MLB has to be the worst players union in sports. This was one of their biggest issues. Whatd they get in negotiations? A few million extra on the salary cap?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think it is time to keep Keegan in the rotation.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol the players didn't get the service time issue addressed in the new CBA? MLB has to be the worst players union in sports. This was one of their biggest issues. Whatd they get in negotiations? A few million extra on the salary cap?
15 of the top 20 salaries in professional sports are baseball players, I think the MLB players union is doing just fine lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Smyly just left after 3 with an injury so Killian may be up sooner rather than later

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Smyly just left after 3 with an injury so Killian may be up sooner rather than later
Jed could DL Smyly and keep Swarmer on the team. Swarmer pitched 6 innings and getting length means more than winning right now.