Is Leno a Blocking Sled or a Man?

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Every time I see him he seems to be getting pushed back and bullied. The missed block on Quinn tonight was reprehensible, irresponsible and showing off of his ineptitude and lack of passion as a blocker. I know he got soft after signing the extended contract but is this his last year as a Bear? I think so.

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sleds require more work.

The age old "turnstyle" is most apt IMO.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A man of his size and ability (yes, he actually does have talent) should not get pushed back nearly as often as he does.

I know that a past criticism has been that he has no nasty. He's not mean. He has no aggression. On plays where he gets pushed around or just run around on, I have to wonder what's going on inside his head. Doesn't he get pissed? Apparently not.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Liked him better on the Tonight Show

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
It’s like he gets confused and plays the wrong protections. On the wildcat play he looked like he was running the wrong play completely.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know ESPN said he had a good pass pro grade.

But he is having an ass season.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leno is softer than chocolate pudding. Fuck him. So sick of watching him give 0 effort.. dude plays with the same lack of intensity as JWebb. At this point the Bears need to use both of their 2nd rounders on OTs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leno is softer than chocolate pudding. Fuck him. So sick of watching him give 0 effort.. dude plays with the same lack of intensity as JWebb. At this point the Bears need to use both of their 2nd rounders on OTs.

They need to draft someone to compete and take his job for both performance and financial reasons.

The worst investment on the team this season has been 17 million at OT.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
just my opinion. I like the TE situation.

If you cant get an offensive tackle in FA I would be absolutely all in on taking one in the 2nd round.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
just my opinion. I like the TE situation.

If you cant get an offensive tackle in FA I would be absolutely all in on taking one in the 2nd round.

Free agent OTs are often tier 2 guys like Leno.

Sign Austin Hooper and draft an OT early who can either take Leno or Massie's job.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
could bears be thinking that bars can play LT? he did play 1 snap against detroit at LT and looked better than leno. I always thought of bars as a guard but i dont know what hiestand knows. both leno and massie are likely here for 1 more season before getting cut. They did get corey levin but i think hes competition for coward at RG.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
could bears be thinking that bars can play LT? he did play 1 snap against detroit at LT and looked better than leno. I always thought of bars as a guard but i dont know what hiestand knows. both leno and massie are likely here for 1 more season before getting cut. They did get corey levin but i think hes competition for coward at RG.

Long term I do not think so. He is an OG.

They need to get a big athlete at OT that can make those cut off blocks and get out on screens.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Honestly I have never liked Leno. I didn't complain when he was serviceable. Although I am very OL mafia like.
This year I am overflowing with contempt for his play. The OL was subpar last year supported by teams not being good at containing Mitch and his penchant for running early and often.

Now that teams prep for Mitch and Mitch is trying to be more Tom Brady. The OL is exposed for the trash it is.
Idkc, they lack basic form. That lack of form saps power. They have no hunger or meanness. They can not execute scheme well.
Massie maybe worse but Leno is the damn blindside tackle. And there is ZERO chance that doesn't affect whomever is playing QB. Brady would be up in Belichick's office throwing tampons all over his desk screeching, if Leno were even on his team.

The Bears should be looking to upgrade every single position on the team. There should never NOT be competition at any position like there is at QB. OL should have been high priority rather than trying to conceal it further with skill position picks.

But I am very bias on this. Carry on

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Free agent OTs are often tier 2 guys like Leno.

Sign Austin Hooper and draft an OT early who can either take Leno or Massie's job.

trust me i know. but Leno at this point should be replaced quickly. Massie just isn't capable of pass pro 40 times a game and is more of a mauler power run guy. Its hard to find guys that fit Nagys scheme OL wise.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
He gave up the two sacks and the tackle for loss on Patterson

The TFL was on Miller I think but that play where Leno got pushed back into Trubisky's lap was flat out embarrassing.

I'd be hard pressed to choose between Leno and Massie for most disappointing 2019 season. Leno for the soft play and penalties, or Massie for seemingly being on the ground half a dozen plays a game.