Is Mahomes Already a Top 3 QB of all Time?

Unrivaled

Liked Posts:
He continues to set records, and now is the youngest Superbowl MVP ever.

Literally a coin flip and offside away from back to back Superbowls. Just amazing.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
No, but only because he doesn't have the body of work that guys like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have.

I think he will likely go down as the most prolific passer of all time, though, but he won't match Brady's 6 rings. I guess it depends on how you judge greatness.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes is amazing, but let's not overreact. Yes, he has the potential to be considered a top 3 QB of all-time, but he's years away from that point.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Probably. I think he will definitely win more sbs.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brady, Montana, Young, and more still ahead imo....

Unrivaled

Liked Posts:
No, but only because he doesn't have the body of work that guys like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have.

I think he will likely go down as the most prolific passer of all time, though, but he won't match Brady's 6 rings. I guess it depends on how you judge greatness.
He already has as many rings as Rodgers and Brees.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:

He has as many super bowl rings as Rodgers now.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Rodgers is pretty much phillip rivers. He has one ring because jay got hurt.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Montana, Brady, Bradshaw.....

I put Bradshaw because he played at a time when the qb was also responsible for playcalling along with the OC. He always stepped up when the lights were brightest.

It's a little too early to put Mahommes there yet, but he could definitely get there.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No, he's got a ways to go. But I think he could be.

A couple of things I can think of are...

Back in the mid-90s you would have had a hard time convincing football fans that Bret Farve would only win one SB. You could say the same about Aaron Rodgers.

Dan Marino went to the SB in his 2nd year and was setting records left & right. He admitted later he thought getting to the SB was easy and figured he'd be back. Never happened.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Lol.... Let’s give it a decade or so.

I’d agree he’s had a terrific start.

I’d also say 26 teams are sorry they missed that pick in the draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Back in the mid-90s you would have had a hard time convincing football fans that Bret Farve would only win one SB. You could say the same about Aaron Rodgers.

Dan Marino went to the SB in his 2nd year and was setting records left & right. He admitted later he thought getting to the SB was easy and figured he'd be back. Never happened.

Yup. It's a team sport for a reason.

Mahomes is a great QB, but plenty of the great ones never won it more than once.

He will, however, barring injury go down as one of the leaders in every statistical category.

coolio

Liked Posts:

Aaron Rodgers has gotten away with not playing well in the playoffs for years He got to beat Caleb Hanie

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol.... Let’s give it a decade or so.

I’d agree he’s had a terrific start.

I’d also say 26 teams are sorry they missed that pick in the draft.

I don't call it a miss. It was a high risk/high reward. He was a very very raw prospect. It's easy for people to marvel at him now, but those same people never watched him in college. The guy has taken massive strides to get to the level that he is now. Sometimes you just need to believe in destiny. He went to a perfect situation as far as playcalling, scheme, and personnel goes. Literally that team fits pat mahomes perfectly.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Yeah but i think this is different. Mahomes has everything. A good coach. good wrs. Good Te. remember he lost hunt last year and still won it. I feel this guy is the next brady and will be able to withstand alot.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but i think this is different. Mahomes has everything. A good coach. good wrs. Good Te. remember he lost hunt last year and still won it. I feel this guy is the next brady and will be able to withstand alot.
Itll be interesting to see what happens when they have to start paying him 40+ million a year. Who goes?