Is Mahomes Already a Top 3 QB of all Time?

Bust

Liked Posts:
I felt like he had a piss poor Superbowl for the most part

He struggled but when it got to crunch time he drove the team down for finishing tds, Mitch would have been all field goals.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
IMO he’s the best I’ve ever seen. Eye test anyway. He needs a bigger resume to be put in the conversation but he’s off to a great start.
You also have possibly the biggest pussy ever to play in the NBA as your screen name and avatar so not sure you are the best judge of greatness,

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
He continues to set records, and now is the youngest Superbowl MVP ever.

Literally a coin flip and offside away from back to back Superbowls. Just amazing.
right now of all time? No lol

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This thread delivers

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep. His accomplishments the past two years is something we’ve never seen from such a young player.

look a degree of difficulty of some of his throws. Look at how he can will his team from down multiple scores and vs elite defenses. The dude dislocated his knee this season. What a fucking legend.

mecha

Liked Posts:
he ended the Madden curse. crown him.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, over the years they’ve really helped him fit balls into tight windows down the field while being on the run for his life.

Go to the 2:22 mark of this video. Apologies. I’m doing this from a phone and can’t see how to embed it. I will come back later from and do so.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No, but only because he doesn't have the body of work that guys like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady have.

I think he will likely go down as the most prolific passer of all time, though, but he won't match Brady's 6 rings. I guess it depends on how you judge greatness.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that Mahomes cannot get to 6 rings. Of course, it would be difficult but ...
  1. He should already be at 2 rings but for a Ford offsides.
  2. The big name QBs are all going to be gone in 5 years (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.). Will any of the baby QBs be able to keep him from dominating the NFL? Right now, I only see Watson as a threat.
  3. Belichick is going to retire soon. Once he has to coach with mediocre QBs, he will lose interest in coaching. Payton will also be without a good QB soon.
  4. He has a long career ahead of him. If Reid can continue to coach, he will have a chance of matching or beating those 6 rings.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Itll be interesting to see what happens when they have to start paying him 40+ million a year. Who goes?
If he is smart, he actually gives KC a home town discount to get or keep other pieces of the puzzle. You know that he will make way more money off the football field.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He continues to set records, and now is the youngest Superbowl MVP ever.

Literally a coin flip and offside away from back to back Superbowls. Just amazing.

If he is, then Walter Payton isn't a top 5-10 back all time. Either longevity matters, or it doesn't.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he is smart, he actually gives KC a home town discount to get or keep other pieces of the puzzle. You know that he will make way more money off the football field.
Nah not on his first contract. He needs to take it all and build generational wealth. Just like Brady did. Then on his next contract he can give a break.

Note Brady didnt win any Superbowls while being paid near the top of the league.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s got nothing left to prove. If he’s smart he makes as much money as possible and retires before he ruins his brain.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nah not on his first contract. He needs to take it all and build generational wealth. Just like Brady did. Then on his next contract he can give a break.

Note Brady didnt win any Superbowls while being paid near the top of the league.
Read what you just wrote.

Now consider that for an elite QB, there is much more money to be made doing commercials than in your salary. If he gives a hometown discount, knowing that he will make more off the field, he can allow the team to pay its players while demonstrating that he is willing to not be so greedy to the rest of the team, making them more willing to also give hometown discounts.

Using your own words, Mahomes will have more chances of winning Super Bowls if he gives discounts on his contract. More victories and Super Bowl victories, more money made from ads.

I will give you an example. Tom Brady made 15 million in salary in 2018 while making 12 million from endorsements. Well, that wasn't more than his salary. Did I mention that Brady was ranked 81st among athletes in endorsements? He basically didn't care to do many endorsements.

If Mahomes is smart, he can easily be making from 12 to 20 million a year in endorsements, allowing him to accept a hometown discount.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He’s got nothing left to prove. If he’s smart he makes as much money as possible and retires before he ruins his brain.
An athlete always has something to prove. He wants to be the GOAT. Right now, that is Tom Brady.

It is every up-and-coming QB's dream to be the GOAT. They will all be shooting for Tom Brady's spot.

As an aside, you must think that Tom Brady is an idiot because he kept playing into his 40s NOT making as much money as possible.

Good to know.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
An athlete always has something to prove. He wants to be the GOAT. Right now, that is Tom Brady.

It is every up-and-coming QB's dream to be the GOAT. They will all be shooting for Tom Brady's spot.

As an aside, you must think that Tom Brady is an idiot because he kept playing into his 40s NOT making as much money as possible.

Good to know.
wow you got all of that from my post huh? You’re smart.

I think the future isn’t guaranteed and if you’ve won a league mvp, Super Bowl and super bowl mvp, as Mahomes has, you get all the money you can because you never know if you end up having a career ending injury. If you're healthy as Brady has been, by all means keep playing.

Patrick Mahomes is the best player in the NFL and he hasn’t even hit his prime yet. Lmao at thinking he should already take discounts with his first post-rookie contract. this is the contract that you set yourself and your future up for life. Generational wealth.