Is Mahomes Already a Top 3 QB of all Time?

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
No.

Let’s see him do it for an offense that isn’t elite around him before we say stuff like that.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
He continues to set records, and now is the youngest Superbowl MVP ever.

Literally a coin flip and offside away from back to back Superbowls. Just amazing.

YES.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No.

After having only read the title and no reading of comments here I am confident that no QB can be all-time great without time, otherwise Baker Mayfield was already all-time great based on his rookie year.

I am sure other rational posters have said the same throughout 5 pages(!?)

And frankly, I can't believe anyone of us had to say it.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Look at him on the sidelines. The confidence in the huddle. Pushing his teammates when they were down. WOW! Bears done fooked up boys.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at him on the sidelines. The confidence in the huddle. Pushing his teammates when they were down. WOW! Bears done fooked up boys.

Lots of teams fucked up including the Bears. Dwelling on the past will get you no where in life. I hope you don't practice this type of obsession off message boards.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
3 straight comebacks in playoffs down by 10 points or more is pretty impressive. 13 TDs and 2 interceptions in 2 playoff appearances.

If he retired today he's already a lock for the Hall of Fame. Thinking about it he is already top 10 for sure, debatablely top 3 to 5...

Interesting. Somebody here a while back was telling me how P. Rivers should be in the HOF conversation and he's never come close to a SB.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Interesting. Somebody here a while back was telling me how P. Rivers should be in the HOF conversation and he's never come close to a SB.

Chargers had some talent during his prime years. Rivers and the Chargers always choked in the playoffs even when favored. Rivers TD/Int ratio is 14-10 in postseason play, not good enough given his status with the team.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
3 straight comebacks in playoffs down by 10 points or more is pretty impressive. 13 TDs and 2 interceptions in 2 playoff appearances.

If he retired today he's already a lock for the Hall of Fame. Thinking about it he is already top 10 for sure, debatablely top 3 to 5...

I agree with this assessment. Mahomes is truly special. He has instinct and intuition that can't be taught. I don't see anything changing. You can try to scheme for him, but in the end his ability to feel the pocket, evade pressure, and create plays will always leave him a step ahead of the competition. I think he unanimously deserves to be in the top 10 and as long as he stays healthy, I would bet on him building his resume to that of being a top 3 QB

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dumb thread. Post it again in ten years OP.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Mahomes was done right now would he be considered better and more accomplished than Manning, Brady, Brees or Montana.

the answer is No

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chiefs are favored to repeat next year. Back to back Superbowl MVP's at his age is pretty much lock.

Meanwhile Bears are still searching....

LOL. Chiefs are favored. Guess we better skip the season. Hand him the trophy. And start sculpting his bust for canton eh?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
LOL. Chiefs are favored. Guess we better skip the season. Hand him the trophy. And start sculpting his bust for canton eh?

He's already HOF lock given youngest QB MVP to win Superbowl.

HOF loves their records. It's why most from the Cubs world series big names will be in the hall as well for being a part of removing the 108 year curse.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Mahomes was done right now would he be considered better and more accomplished than Manning, Brady, Brees or Montana.

the answer is No

We have to look at them at the 3yr mark in their careers.. right?