Is Nagy saving his job?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Of course he is, why be fired? This game isn't the final straw. It's the collective series. Wait and see what George and Ginny say.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I’ve heard ad nauseam how we need to hire a “leader of men” as a head coach. Nagy clearly IS that. So he’s not a Trestman failure there. He just can’t field an offense to save his life.

At different times this season we heard Nagy was losing the locker room. I could be wrong, but a leader should never lose the locker room.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If they win out and finish 2nd in the division . . .he very well could be

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At different times this season we heard Nagy was losing the locker room. I could be wrong, but a leader should never lose the locker room.
Yeah, that sounded like griping from AR. Haven’t seen it anywhere else.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, that sounded like griping from AR. Haven’t seen it anywhere else.

Nick Foles called Nagy out too.
---------------------------------------

Is Nagy now losing the locker room?

In addition to all the troubles this season, there may be breaks in the walls of the Chicago Bears locker room. We’re hearing more and more from players and coaches that don’t make Nagy look good.

In the middle of the quarterback controversy between Fields and Andy Dalton, when Nagy stood steadfast about having Dalton be the starter, offensive coordinator Bill Lazor admitted something that was the opposite. He said he felt that Fields was ready to handle anything back in the preseason. If that was the case, why wasn’t Fields getting work with the starters or starting himself?

-Full Press Coverage

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

In addition to all the troubles this season, there may be breaks in the walls of the Chicago Bears locker room. We’re hearing more and more from players and coaches that don’t make Nagy look good.

In the middle of the quarterback controversy between Fields and Andy Dalton, when Nagy stood steadfast about having Dalton be the starter, offensive coordinator Bill Lazor admitted something that was the opposite. He said he felt that Fields was ready to handle anything back in the preseason. If that was the case, why wasn’t Fields getting work with the starters or starting himself?

-Full Press Coverage
a 3rd string QB, and a WR who threw in the towel before the season even started they gave up on the team long before they gave up on Nagy

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guys let’s separate the why’s from the who’s

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

-Full Press Coverage

Well there ya go. Two players. ?

Anyways, doesn’t matter. It’s over in a week.

And coaches. ?offensive coordinator Bill Lazor

Yes I just want this over. For a split second, I thought it would be over tomorrow. :) then I remembered, an addition game was added to the 2021 schedule ?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

-Full Press Coverage
Lazor is no better than Nagy

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
just no. late round. F that. Missed on every 1st rounder so far and given away multiple 1st round picks.
He has not missed on every first rounder. Smith? Floyd even though not on the team no longer is not a miss.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He has not missed on every first rounder. Smith? Floyd even though not on the team no longer is not a miss.
If Newsome works out, he may have hit on every single pick this past draft. That is crazy to think about…

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And coaches. ?offensive coordinator Bill Lazor

Yes I just want this over. For a split second, I thought it would be over tomorrow. :) then I remembered, an addition game was added to the 2021 schedule ?
Spin. Bill Lazor saying Fields is ready to play is not a mutiny nor the HC losing his OC. It's an honest opinion from someone we know is conscientious and quit frank in his thoughts. If he though it was dig, he never would have said it. It's clearly not his style. It's different with AR but he's obviously frustrated and I doubt any coach has all 53 on board all the time.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy seems like a real good guy plus his players like him and play for him. No one can question the effort put forth in these last two games....two completely meaningless games. Nagy's problem is that he is lacking in other major areas where a HC really needs to shine. His offense is conceptionally bad,,,,,strange route trees, causing little seperation, everyone knows about his playcalling, lacks skills in the 2 min offense, use of TO's, odd challenges, plays that score in the red zone, putting the right people in the right spots. Guys, this is Head Coaching 101.....being a good guy and a motivator isn't enough.

I like the guy but he is the classic example of an assistant coach in over his head.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Someone pointed out on the radio today, that if Nagy wins next week, he has a winning record when he's fired.

So him starting vets over the younger kids is a move solely to benefit him and his future resume.

This cements it - Nagy is a selfish con man.