Is Nagy saving his job?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense was still nothing special yesterday (performed near the Mendoza Line) . If not for those early turnovers the Bears offense probably scores under 20 points. Dalton’s numbers were not good vs a bad Giants team (at home) & Nagy started Dalton over Foles who has performed better. The Nagy flaws were on full display yesterday, so no Nagy didn’t save his job Sunday. His offenses are still bad!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can look at various locker room scenarios. But I'm ready for a new direction.
I just want this to be over and done with next Mon. ? ?
yep, that needs to include Pace who spent the last 7 years building this shit show

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nick Foles called Nagy out too.
---------------------------------------

Is Nagy now losing the locker room?

In addition to all the troubles this season, there may be breaks in the walls of the Chicago Bears locker room. We’re hearing more and more from players and coaches that don’t make Nagy look good.

In the middle of the quarterback controversy between Fields and Andy Dalton, when Nagy stood steadfast about having Dalton be the starter, offensive coordinator Bill Lazor admitted something that was the opposite. He said he felt that Fields was ready to handle anything back in the preseason. If that was the case, why wasn’t Fields getting work with the starters or starting himself?

-Full Press Coverage

Spin. Bill Lazor saying Fields is ready to play is not a mutiny nor the HC losing his OC. It's an honest opinion from someone we know is conscientious and quit frank in his thoughts. If he though it was dig, he never would have said it. It's clearly not his style. It's different with AR but he's obviously frustrated and I doubt any coach has all 53 on board all the time.

the above italicized quote was taken from this linked article

Chicago Bears: Is Matt Nagy Losing the Locker Room? - Full ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REPORT: Matt Nagy Has 'Lost' Bears Locker Room - On Tap ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt any coach has all 53 on board all the time.

Ditka use to get rid of players who weren't onboard

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Trivia Time:

Has any NFL coach won back to back to back games with 3 different starting QB's?

The BHVWGHC has a chance this Sunday if Fields ankle is fine.

No way they can fire him if he accomplishes this rare feat!

Skull

Liked Posts:
2 wins in a row vs shitty teams. If we win out does he stand a chance of staying? Players sure seem to love him.
I hope not, but you never know what George is going to do!!!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He job next year will be collecting the 5 million he’ll be paid not to coach football poorly.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Matt Nagy will find an OC job anywhere or will he have to drop back down to a position coach level to be coaching next year/again? I think it would do him a world of good to be a position coach in a different offense philosophy to get more perspective. However, that might be too big of a pill to swallow after being a head coach.