Is Pace is learning as a drafter.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Seems Pace has taken the safer players this draft with lots of film and games played. No surprises (shaheen) or trade ups. Ok 1 but late round trade up.
So is Pace learning and improving? Is he becoming safer after getting burned by trying to out fox everyone. What do you think?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
giphy.gif

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think our posters are getting wise to Pace. I don't see the blind optimism I saw a couple of years ago.

For me, I say we'll be lucky to get one solid starter outta the 2020 draft class.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think our posters are getting wise to Pace. I don't see the blind optimism I saw a couple of years ago.

For me, I say we'll be lucky to get one solid starter outta the 2020 draft class.

which one will it be? And I bet the others will at least show up to camp in their 1993 Toyota Corolla’s!

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
That's like learning to drive while driving!

He should have been done learning that shit years ago. Fucking perform ffs.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

I think that Kmet and Johnson will be solid starters. Just out of curiosity, you’ve stated many times you don’t follow CFB but yet you seem sure there’s not gonna be any solid starters out of this class so what are you basing that on?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
That's like learning to drive while driving!

He should have been done learning that shit years ago. Fucking perform ffs.
He is learning to drive while driving. He is young and this is his first time being a GM.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

I feel real good about 3 of them. 2 sure starters by years end (TE CB) and I like that pass rusher we drafted. I don't know much about the rest but Pace has done well late in drafts.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seems Pace has taken the safer players this draft with lots of film and games played. No surprises (shaheen) or trade ups. Ok 1 but late round trade up.
So is Pace learning and improving? Is he becoming safer after getting burned by trying to out fox everyone. What do you think?

I absoultely loved this draft. No big reaches. Don't love trading a future pick, but a future 4th for a 5th isn't crazy and I like the player picked. Pace did well.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that Kmet and Johnson will be solid starters. Just out of curiosity, you’ve stated many times you don’t follow CFB but yet you seem sure there’s not gonna be any solid starters out of this class so what are you basing that on?

What am I basing it on?

Chicago Bears GMs from 1987 and onwards...lol.

All kidding aside, how much does watching live college football games help with player assessments after the 1st round...maybe the 2nd round.

How many Tulane, Tusla and Utah games did you watch last year? How many reps did you zero in on the players that the Bears eventually drafted?

I just do what many others do...see who the Bears end up drafting first, then look at tape and other sources from the web. That and a little common sense from experience. An awful lot of 4 rounders and lower don't make an impact at all. Of course there are exceptions, but not too many. Five of our 7 picks were in the 5th or lower.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

I agree. This was a very, what you see is what you get, kind of draft for the first two picks. I would put Gipson as his gambling pick. He needs those first two to come through because of his win-now approach. If the O-line and Foles can be average, there is a good chance the Bears make the playoffs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think he's a........................

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

I have no idea on what you are basing your opinion, but I believe a general rule of thumb would be if you have a full complement of seven picks, you will get two starters and two, maybe three rotational players. To do better than that with quality players would be unusual. Are you saying starting this year, or ever?