Is Peter Skoronski a guard or tackle in the NFL

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's not the biggest guy (6'4) or the most athletic but what he does really well is man handle guys with his superior strength and grip ,asking him to be moving vertically and horizontally is going to be tough for his type of game. I just don't see him as a left tackle in the NFL maybe at right tackle but he seems to be a natural guard in the NFL.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Maybe a RT, looks better suited to guard in my opinion.

People have compared him to Slater because they're similar in size, play at the same school and some suggested Slater was better suited to guard, but that's a lazy opinion. They're totally different prospects. Slater is very athletic and really would have been a top 10 pick for sure if he had the prototypical height/arm length.

Skoronski has heavy feet and doesn't move very well. Excellent technique, good strength. But I have a hard time seeing him as a left tackle in the NFL.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am wary of any scouting report that says an OT has slow feet. What that usually means is when they face elite talent they don't have enough speed and they get beat around the corner.

Jenkins had a similar scouting report and has worked out well on the interior but that is a 2nd round selection. I can't see making a top selection on a player, who although might workout at a different position, cannot play LT.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
He is built similarly to Zach Tom, the guard playing for the packers.

No idea about movement skills, strength etc . I know different programs and all that.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of this guy in round 1

If Leatherwood pans out already have enough youth; sign some vets in fa or draft ol mid rounds

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brugler called him a high floor guy. Where if he doesn't work out at OT than you have a guard who can have a "Zack Martin" type of career. You dont waste that high of a pick on a guard though imo

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Only a guard?

Let's give up our 2nd and 3rd to get him. I learned on CCS, if he can start it's worth the picks. Forget about getting two other areas of need like WR and DT. ?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's projected top 5 but I kind of doubt that. If the Bears traded down and he was there around 20 they still have bigger needs.

On the other hand if the OL going into 23 was something like Jones-Skoronski-FA-Jenkins-FA it might alleviate the sting from failing to draft a pile of stud WRs.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's projected top 5 but I kind of doubt that. If the Bears traded down and he was there around 20 they still have bigger needs.

On the other hand if the OL going into 23 was something like Jones-Skoronski-FA-Jenkins-FA it might alleviate the sting from failing to draft a pile of stud WRs.
what 2 free agents do you have in mind, just curious

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
what 2 free agents do you have in mind, just curious
Maybe Mcgovern & Conklin? I suppose it's possible Patrick could hold it down but that hasn't looked promising. There are better FA centers but they are all 30 or older and will want long term deals, which we know is no way to build a team. I agree with everyone who says take a developmental center in the 3rd but I wouldn't want that guy to start going into the season.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only a guard?

Let's give up our 2nd and 3rd to get him. I learned on CCS, if he can start it's worth the picks. Forget about getting two other areas of need like WR and DT. ?

DT will probably be handled in free agency and I don't see WR worth that high of a pick in this draft. If the Bears dont come out of the draft with either Carter or Anderson, I will be disappointed

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a tackle. Stop getting hung up on the perfect size. Dude is 6'4" and 315. there are plenty of 6'4" left tackles.

Williams is 6'5" 320...

don't get hung up on the perfect size. Can they execute the position at a high level should be the first thought.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of this guy in round 1

If Leatherwood pans out already have enough youth; sign some vets in fa or draft ol mid rounds
Typical Bears fashion - let's draft low round OL and pick up some failed journeyman and call it good. The 'let's throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks' approach has not worked for a long time. Time to invest in the OL

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Typical Bears fashion - let's draft low round OL and pick up some failed journeyman and call it good. The 'let's throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks' approach has not worked for a long time. Time to invest in the OL
just because he's drafted high doesnt mean it will work out either

at that point, you'll just have more of a bust if it doesn't. Brax performing better than OL drafted higher than him

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skoronski is going to play tackle and going fairly high in the draft. Top Ten most likely.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He's a tackle. Stop getting hung up on the perfect size. Dude is 6'4" and 315. there are plenty of 6'4" left tackles.

Williams is 6'5" 320...

don't get hung up on the perfect size. Can they execute the position at a high level should be the first thought.

Nothing to do with his size. Like I said, Slater was the same size but had everything else you want from a tackle. Skoronski has lead feet, poor lateral movement and no agility to speak of. I've watched a lot of the kid, I like him as a prospect but he does not look like an NFL left tackle to me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing to do with his size. Like I said, Slater was the same size but had everything else you want from a tackle. Skoronski has lead feet, poor lateral movement and no agility to speak of. I've watched a lot of the kid, I like him as a prospect but he does not look like an NFL left tackle to me.
For someone with lead feet he does a ridiculously good job of keeping the QB clean. He's gotten better every year. People get too enamored with perceived athleticism as opposed to the actual ability to play football and be successful at it.

They are not the same thing.

While Skoronski my not have "twitchy" feet he is exactly where he is supposed to be to control defenders after the ball snaps. That served him well this year as he allowed 5 pressures in 300 drop backs.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
For someone with lead feet he does a ridiculously good job of keeping the QB clean. He's gotten better every year. People get too enamored with perceived athleticism as opposed to the actual ability to play football and be successful at it.

They are not the same thing.

While Skoronski my not have "twitchy" feet he is exactly where he is supposed to be to control defenders after the ball snaps. That served him well this year as he allowed 5 pressures in 300 drop backs.

In college.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Brugler called him a high floor guy. Where if he doesn't work out at OT than you have a guard who can have a "Zack Martin" type of career. You dont waste that high of a pick on a guard though imo

So he's like Tevin Jenkums? Or like Gabe Carimi?