Is Peter Skoronski a guard or tackle in the NFL

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Is he still a top ten pick?
Borderline for me. I'd be more comfortable with him at 9-10 instead of 4th-8th. He's probably still the best lineman in the draft, whether at OT or OG.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I project him as a guard, but wouldn't be shocked if he pans out at tackle with short arms like Slater.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
He’s a left tackle.

Anybody complaining about arm size probably thought Joe Thomas, Mitchell Schwartz, Donald Penn, Taylor Lewan, and Rashawn Slater should have been guards too.

And said people complaining about arm size are immensely fucking stupid because that kind of thinking doesn’t make sense, the individual is looking for a reason not to like a guy. And an OT is the least sexy pick for a lot of bears fans, especially for a 1st round pick, let alone top 5 pick.

The kids checks every fucking box. He has elite bend and has demonstrated he can stop speed, bull, rip, combo moves, he can run/pull/swing and can run maul too. He’s shut down elite college pass rushers, including #2 overall this past spring (I believe Karloftis from Purdue/now the chiefs was his only sack surrendered as a pass blocker the last 2 years at LT).

His scouting report says he can literally block anything and everything. It makes too much sense to not take him. But don’t worry bears fans who don’t think LT needs an upgrade, Poles won’t take him. He doesn’t come preinjured or have elite athleticism (which for some reason the bears have valued over the ability to actually block) like the past 25 years of taking an OT early in drafts.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He’s a left tackle.

Anybody complaining about arm size probably thought Joe Thomas, Mitchell Schwartz, Donald Penn, Taylor Lewan, and Rashawn Slater should have been guards too.

And said people complaining about arm size are immensely fucking stupid because that kind of thinking doesn’t make sense, the individual is looking for a reason not to like a guy. And an OT is the least sexy pick for a lot of bears fans, especially for a 1st round pick, let alone top 5 pick.

The kids checks every fucking box. He has elite bend and has demonstrated he can stop speed, bull, rip, combo moves, he can run/pull/swing and can run maul too. He’s shut down elite college pass rushers, including #2 overall this past spring (I believe Karloftis from Purdue/now the chiefs was his only sack surrendered as a pass blocker the last 2 years at LT).

His scouting report says he can literally block anything and everything. It makes too much sense to not take him. But don’t worry bears fans who don’t think LT needs an upgrade, Poles won’t take him. He doesn’t come preinjured or have elite athleticism (which for some reason the bears have valued over the ability to actually block) like the past 25 years of taking an OT early in drafts.
Teams drafting in the 1st (top 10 especially) covet elite measurables and traits. It’s not just the bears

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He’s a left tackle.

Good analysis and brings some sanity to this thread. He is not projected as a top 10 or 15 pic if they think he’s playing guard.

But why are we ripping on poles for picking “pre-injured players”?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He’s a left tackle.

Yeah how many times does this whole arm length thing need to be disproven?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So he's like Tevin Jenkums? Or like Gabe Carimi?
Jenkins may still be our best T, LOL. I sure don't mind what was given for where he's at and his play. It's funny that some of the same posters that say we need to invest in early picks to get good OLmen have an issue with how we got Jenkins.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not believe that we have a legitimate right tackle on this team right now. They need to draft or sign another tackle, a guard, and a center.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I do not believe that we have a legitimate right tackle on this team right now. They need to draft or sign another tackle, a guard, and a center.
We do have a legitimate RT on this team but the coaching staff stuck him at RG.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We do have a legitimate RT on this team but the coaching staff stuck him at RG.
It's true but I don't mind since he's on a path to be special there. When right, he's played like the rare G you take in round 1.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's true but I don't mind since he's on a path to be special there. When right, he's played like the rare G you take in round 1.

Colts drafted Nelson in the top ten. If Bears can get a pro bowl guard or even convert him to center I'd be happy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Colts drafted Nelson in the top ten. If Bears can get a pro bowl guard or even convert him to center I'd be happy.
Doesn't make it right. There's value in sure things and versatility to go with it but it's early for a G when there's still top impact players available. It's also great if they're confident he's a LT but then, do we really need one of those more than a top Edge, DT, CB etc? Should be able to find a C and G/RT later but they may not be plug and play so Skoronski has added value. Still a lot of holes. Lets see what FA brings because until that's happened, this is spitting into the wind.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Skoronski seems like a safe pick, think Paris Johnson has more upside.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Skoronski is the opposite of long and fast, what bears want.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not the biggest guy (6'4) or the most athletic but what he does really well is man handle guys with his superior strength and grip ,asking him to be moving vertically and horizontally is going to be tough for his type of game. I just don't see him as a left tackle in the NFL maybe at right tackle but he seems to be a natural guard in the NFL.
He's either an elite Guard or average to a little above average Tackle

Bonferroni Correction

Liked Posts:
If Braxton Jones turns out to not be the tackle of the future, then Skoronski is a tackle.

If Braxton Jones turns out to be the tackle of the future, then Skoronski is a guard.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Titans plan for his rookie year is at guard.
He’s playing both positions right now. I think they want him to be the starting LT, but it’s not imperative he does it his rookie year.