Is Robert Quinn better than Khalil Mack??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's us not forget that Mack had more sacks than Quinn at the time he was injured(6 vs 5.5). Quinn had a strong finish to the year with 13 sacks in his last 9 games but we simply don't know how Mack would have finished.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say as a pure outside pass-rusher, Quinn is better. Mack can power/bull-rush as well as have an outside rush (though not as good as Quinn's). Mack also plays the run better.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Absolutely. What Quinn did this year was unprecedented. Bears defense saw the least amount of passing attempts in the league and he still broke the team sack record. He also killed it in the run game.
However, Mack has played hurt in about 90% of his time here. It’s the only argument he has for disappearing against much weaker competition while having a more dominant interior rusher next to him in Hicks.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Quinn is better than Mack. Look at the record books.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
2018 Mack was as good as 2021 Quinn. But doubt Mack will ever be that good again…

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Mack couldn’t rack up sacks because he got all this attention and was constantly redouble and triple teamed!

Quinn had no Hicks and no viable pass rusher opposite him and sets a bears record.

Very strange

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Let's us not forget that Mack had more sacks than Quinn at the time he was injured(6 vs 5.5). Quinn had a strong finish to the year with 13 sacks in his last 9 games but we simply don't know how Mack would have finished.
Can you imagine a healthy Mack and Quinn this past season?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree with you about a game planning but Roquan is the best player on defense.

No he isn't. Quan gets eaten up by blockers too much. He is entirely dependent on being able to beat a blocker to the hole or having guys occupy blockers so he can roam free. He is definitely a great player but that is a fatal flaw that teams exploit hence why our run game struggles. Quan will make a lot of tackles but when he gets swallowed up by a block or when he is trying to run around blocks he leaves gaping holes in the run defense.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
No he isn't. Quan gets eaten up by blockers too much. He is entirely dependent on being able to beat a blocker to the hole or having guys occupy blockers so he can roam free. He is definitely a great player but that is a fatal flaw that teams exploit hence why our run game struggles. Quan will make a lot of tackles but when he gets swallowed up by a block or when he is trying to run around blocks he leaves gaping holes in the run defense.
Ok. Then who is the best defensive player on the team?