Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well you finally said something true even though you were being facetious.
You actually believe Phil Emery was a good GM. That alone should cause a suspension of your posting privileges. The organization couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. Not only was he awful at his job but he was over the top arrogant.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think 2 & 3 show Pace has definitely evolved as a GM. But I don't think he's proven 1 yet. I think if SF made the right pick and went with Fields at 3, then everything else played out the same, Pace would have made the same trade and said all the same things about Trey Lance.

And honestly, I'm fine with that. I'm fine with picks based on traits. I'm fine with drafting guys from small schools, with 1 year of tape, without a big spotlight.; and Pace shouldn't dismiss players because of those things. I just don't think those are legit reasons why Trubisky failed. Mahomes fits all those things, except he started multiple years with only 1 bowl game. Kyler Murray has a tiny resume and matching body. This stuff is a crapshoot, the Bears crapped out for the 100th time in a row. Just gotta keep rolling the dice and it certainly helps to not go against half the organization in secrecy and picking based on a gut feeling.
The guys that are constantly pummeling him just look at the Bears through a narrow lens. A little perspective and realization how tough it is to hit on these picks and what the percentage is league wide would lead to more intelligent discussion.

I want continuity and I want to win. Constantly tearing it down just doesn’t work. Organizations like the Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots get it.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You actually believe Phil Emery was a good GM. That alone should cause a suspension of your posting privileges. The organization couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. Not only was he awful at his job but he was over the top arrogant.
I never said he was good. He is just better than pace. Not a very high bar.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think Pace is better at his job than the BHVWGHC is at his.

Problem is, in 7 years pace has had 2 HC hires and 5 swings at the QB position....his track record at the two most important positions has been anywhere from average/tbd to poor.

Pretty sure this is the last chance at both....but he likely has 2 seasons (unless fields/Jenkins start all year, look totally overwhelmed with zero improvement and the team wins like 3 games.....then his seat might get hot)

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We just don't know if he has learned anything. We don't. There are some factors in this draft that didn't exist a few years ago.

He's desperate and this is Matt Nagy's QB. The draft also fell pretty favorably for him. But the sample size is small. Is this an outlier or is this what's to come? We won't know those answers for a while.

But none of that matters. What matters is right now, it was a good draft that filled major needs and there are no projects involved. The Bears might have just finally found their franchise QB.
I'm pretty sure if you take a look back, the draft didn't fall to him. He actually traded up in the 1st and the second rounds. with out the trade up this draft would of been much different.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Two thoughts.

1. this is why you don’t just give up on a front office and HC that may have something. I too was on that train of you messed up with Mitch, got that position wrong, so goodbye. Sometimes consistency is needed to learn and adjust. Pace did that (George called it)
2. Don’t think other GM would have had the trigger finger of trading up. Paces M.O. got us Fields. Kudos there to aggressiveness

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure if you take a look back, the draft didn't fall to him. He actually traded up in the 1st and the second rounds. with out the trade up this draft would of been much different.
Had no clue. thanks for that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they don't. People need to stop believing this smokescreen crap. It doesn't fool anyone. It was reported days before the draft that the bears were trying to move up.
there were rumors...it wasn't a reported fact...thats nonsense

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they don't. People need to stop believing this smokescreen crap. It doesn't fool anyone. It was reported days before the draft that the bears were trying to move up.
well both saints and vikings were trying to move up and Pace beat them.....

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
He still trades up too much. He very much seems to buy into the idea of "getting your guy" which I don't like at all.

Trading up for Fields was fantastic obviously. But he's got to knock it off otherwise. We can't keep bleeding draft capital.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said he was good. He is just better than pace. Not a very high bar.
Look man I think I may hate Ryan Pace more than anyone on this planet and this is just a no. Phil Emery was a complete bafoon. He hired the lesbian right? I mean come on man

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He still trades up too much. He very much seems to buy into the idea of "getting your guy" which I don't like at all.

Trading up for Fields was fantastic obviously. But he's got to knock it off otherwise. We can't keep bleeding draft capital.

Depending on the results if getting his guy pays off with a star it's worth it. Even a small trade up for a bum hurts.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Depending on the results if getting his guy pays off with a star it's worth it. Even a small trade up for a bum hurts.
yeah but in the long run, it's not going to work out. You're better off* trading down to desperate teams who just need to have one particular guy.

*excepting QB trade-ups.